Ron Raccucia out as EVP/COO

RiotAct

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

At least he didn’t announce he was moving them to Hartford.

I had recently moved to the area when Kraft pulled this. I laughed at all the Cheaters fans who thought they were actually going to do it, some even waiting in line for season tickets.

Edited by Doc

From one of the articles ... 

A new management committee was also announced, which includes Buffalo Sabres and PSE COO John Roth, who takes over Raccuia’s role as EVP/COO with the Bills. Roth will continue to work in his roles with the Sabres and PSE, according to the release.

Is that a good thing?  ... I don't follow the Sabres that closely.  

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

I had recently moved to the area when Kraft pulled this. I laughed at all the Cheaters fans who thought they were actually going to do it, some even waiting in line for season tickets.

Sounds like you were the only one who never believed out would happen.  Read this.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/23/nfl-new-england-patriots-abandoned-move-hartford-connecticut

What tipped you off?

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sounds like you were the only one who never believed out would happen.  Read this.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/23/nfl-new-england-patriots-abandoned-move-hartford-connecticut

What tipped you off?

Kraft can do whatever he wants and his fan base full of mass hole reprobates can follow along.  I realize you’re sad that the Bills will be staying in Buffalo but I admit to being confused as to why.  I get that you worship the ground he gets massaged on but he’s only STILL trying to get the Bills moved for his own enrichment.  Spoiler alert:  he’s not giving you a dime.  Do you really have to follow along with every little thing he does?

32 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Kraft can do whatever he wants and his fan base full of mass hole reprobates can follow along.  I realize you’re sad that the Bills will be staying in Buffalo but I admit to being confused as to why.  I get that you worship the ground he gets massaged on but he’s only STILL trying to get the Bills moved for his own enrichment.  Spoiler alert:  he’s not giving you a dime.  Do you really have to follow along with every little thing he does?

76% of your posts regard the Patriots.  It's a strange obsession.  Even Pavlov's dogs grew tired of the bell at some point...

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Leaving Boston for...Hartford. 

Yeah, well after reading that article, how did you always know that entire backstory and that it was a bluff? 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

my take he was in charge of the new stadium "special" project and all the details meetings, politics, etc which came to succesful conclusion so the contract likely  ended July or so...Seems Pegula is doing the same for Bills as he does for Sabres..flattens his org with no management layers at the VP/prez level in which he finds no value and saves exec level big salary...

Vic Carucci said that he played a part in some of the recent contract extensions. Not sure if that matters or not. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, well after reading that article, how did you always know that entire backstory and that it was a bluff? 

I didn't know the backstory.  It just never made sense to leave Boston for Hartford. 

7 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Does it trouble anyone here that the new president of the Buffalo Bills is Terry Pegula?

It’s not in your control. Worry when there’s something to worry about.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No Kim and more Terry seems unwise

You won’t hear from Kim again unfortunately but her influence was not nearly what this board likes to pretend. Who cares that this guy got fired? Terry has the bucks, Terry makes the decisions (good or bad). Doesn’t matter who has the President title nothing is getting done with out the owner’s blessing. 

7 hours ago, Gregg said:

Tim Graham on Twitter: "Bills are about to announce a front office restructure that moves Terry Pegula into the president's role. EVP Ron Raccuia is leaving the organization. New management team includes Sabres/PSE CEO John Roth, general counsel Kathryn D'Angelo and VP of finance Josh Dziurlikowski." / Twitter

As a fellow Pole, gotta love the name of the Finance VP.

6 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

When I watched the beyond blue and red about the stadium, I had to look up and figure out when he became President.  I thought he was just part of the stadium group; had no idea he was President on the Bills.  

Lots of these type of things may be because of conflict of interest in something Ron wants to do in the future.  I wouldn't look too much into it.  This executive world is full of constant rotation.  

Yeah, all of them “high level meetings” that Dunkirk Don referred to.

Edited by BobbyC81
Workaround for platform deficiencies.
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

The new stadium eliminates the troughs.

You cannot make a mistake like that and expect to survive.

My Oakland A’s Coliseum still has troughs.  That’s how bad that place is.

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why pay a guy to be President when you can just pay yourself for the job?

Because he has MANY important jobs, not the least of which is his ailing wife’s’ caretaker. 

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1

Just laughing at all the conspiracies in this thread. Now seems like a perfectly logical time for Raccuia to depart - he got his biggest, most important project, the new stadium, over the finish line. Construction’s underway. He’s on to his next thing. 

can we PLEASE spell the guy’s name right? At least in the title?