JA - “I’m trying to transition to being the guy that wins from the pocket”

BillsFan619

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The first game is going to be a real test for the OL keeping Josh in the pocket. The Jets DL is no joke.

9 of their 11 starters returning is big. I'm hoping the NFL stops this ***** with Gardner being allowed to mame offenders.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The first game is going to be a real test for the OL keeping Josh in the pocket. The Jets DL is no joke.

You’re not wrong. What actually makes me more nervous than their D-line is Josh’s ampitude. 

Dude gets so hyped. Primetime, division foe, Aaron Rodgers, I’m worried hero ball Josh might forget that he has options that aren’t 20-30 yards down the field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

You’re not wrong. What actually makes me more nervous than their D-line is Josh’s ampitude. 

Dude gets so hyped. Primetime, division foe, Aaron Rodgers, I’m worried hero ball Josh might forget that he has options that aren’t 20-30 yards down the field. 

Not just Josh. The Bills better be ready from the start. Rodgers first game as a Jet. Primetime divisional game. The media, fans hype will be off the charts for this one. Plus remember Saleh's comment "we will see them again" after the game in Buffalo. The Jets got fired up to play the Bills more than any other team including the Pats and Dolphins last year. I expect 2 very hard fought, physical games against them again.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Must be the one in his pants

I'm just saying

if they take out the checks that dictate QB run they're going to have to sign a couple different receivers to get open underneath unless Kincaid is miraculously up to reading NFL defenses at that level

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Allen had one of his better games last year in the opener against the Rams so not too worried about this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

His scrambling isn't the problem.   He just needs to slide or get out of bounds more often.  Russell Wilson is the best ever at not taking hits when scrambling.  That's what I'd like to see from Josh.  

Save the beast mode heroics for those pivotal moments or big games.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

"Josh" and "transition" in the same sentence scares me.

Don’t worry, worst case scenario you’ll like it, 

"trying" is the key verb there folks

If he can shirk his first instinct to run that to me is a positive growth mindset for he to "try"

If his linemen and offensive teammates fail to get the job done then IMO that idea will go straight out the window.

Which is his more dominant desire. His longevity as an NFL QB  or gaining the crucial first down. I cannot and will not downplay how smart a guy he is. Forget his athleticism. 17 IMO is at least as smart as he is athletically gifted.  He'll figure it out. I have Faith he can do it.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

His scrambling isn't the problem.   He just needs to slide or get out of bounds more often.  Russell Wilson is the best ever at not taking hits when scrambling.  That's what I'd like to see from Josh.  

Save the beast mode heroics for those pivotal moments or big games.  

Russ is also 5 foot 10

It’s a lot easier to slip tackles and make people miss at that size… Josh is a thoroughbred 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

The first game against the Rams last year he checked down pretty good.Still don't know what happened the rest of the year

• Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Russ is also 5 foot 10

It’s a lot easier to slip tackles and make people miss at that size… Josh is a thoroughbred 

yes,  guys like Russell Wilson (sub six footers) can get down sliding  a lot easier than a 6-5 beast.

Edited by tomur67
wrong word

1 hour ago, muppy said:

"trying" is the key verb there folks

If he can shirk his first instinct to run that to me is a positive growth mindset for he to "try"

If his linemen and offensive teammates fail to get the job done then IMO that idea will go straight out the window.

Which is his more dominant desire. His longevity as an NFL QB  or gaining the crucial first down. I cannot and will not downplay how smart a guy he is. Forget his athleticism. 17 IMO is at least as smart as he is athletically gifted.  He'll figure it out. I have Faith he can do it.

I think this is the point. Well done

he has often reacted. or over reacted and got out running.
Had good reason often times !

But other times it was just expecting a failed block again or poor blitz pickup.
Shifting laterally was not his thing. He did get better at stepping up, But when young he rolled out an awful lot.

If the O line knows where he will be they might be better blockers  LOL ?

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

You want to win the big one…

You win from the pocket.

It’s the way the game is designed.  It’s the way it is shaped.

The QBs who hoist the Lombardi…win from the pocket.

No.  See: Mahomes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.