Cowherd has it in for Bills

I'm Spartacus

Not sure what this guys issue is, but he seems to be down on Buffalo and he particularly seems to dislike McDermott. He obviously doesn't like defensive minded coaches. Said there is all kinds of issues with Diggs not happy (whomever is sourses are). Also said McDermott is rigid and hard nosed. Compared him to Caughlin (sp?). Wonder if its all click bait crap?

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Mods, apparently it is time for a Cowherd sub forum.

Who actually listens to these national blowhards on a regular basis?  Listen to music!  Or podcasts!  Learn something new!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Not sure what this guys issue is, but he seems to be down on Buffalo and he particularly seems to dislike McDermott. He obviously doesn't like defensive minded coaches. Said there is all kinds of issues with Diggs not happy (whomever is sourses are). Also said McDermott is rigid and hard nosed. Compared him to Caughlin (sp?). Wonder if its all click bait crap?

Somebody has to be the Skip Bayless while he's on hiatus 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He use to love us, now he hates us. Oh well. 

This is pretty universally true.

We were league darlings for a couple of years there.  Everything sort of turned last year, and now it's popular to slam the Bills, or say they're window is closing or closed.

I blame Romo & the "Mr. January" stuff.

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Who actually listens to these national blowhards on a regular basis?  Listen to music!  Or podcasts!  Learn something new!

It took me some wasted time but I eventually learned that 99% of sports talk radio (and talk radio more generally) is hot garbage made by, about, and for morons

l

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

We were league darlings for a couple of years there.  Everything sort of turned last year, and now it's popular to slam the Bills, or say they're window is closing or closed.

What’s crazy is I think this roster is the best roster the Bills have had since McDermott and Beane have been together.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 7

Though he feels he's a very good HC he's not high on McDermott because he's a defensive coach. All the playoff contenders last year had Offensive minded HCs other than,....you guessed it, Buffalo.

He even goes on to say McDaniels out coached him all 3 games last year although the Bills won 2 of 3 and put up 500 yards in their only loss. 

Go figure🤔

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Though he feels he's a very good HC he's not high on McDermott because he's a defensive coach. All the playoff contenders last year had Offensive minded HCs other than,....you guessed it, Buffalo.

He even goes on to say McDaniels out coached him all 3 games last year although the Bills won 2 of 3 and put up 500 yards in their only loss. 

Go figure🤔

the 'out-coached' point is the worst one, unless mcdaniels can coach the sun to crank up the heat and the clouds to roll away.

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What’s crazy is I think this roster is the best roster the Bills have had since McDermott and Beane have been together.

There's nothing crazy about it.  It IS the best roster, top to bottom, and I think a lot of folks will be eating crow in February.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

I love this energy compared to being SB favorites and media darlings last year..

I just felt uncomfortable hearing that , I'm sure guys are taking notice and play with a chip on their shoulder 

These same morons had us winning a SB last year and suddenly we reached our peak with a better roster 🤡 city

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Let’s knee cap his azs…,  anyone got Tanya Harding’s phone number…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

The Bills arent the feel good story & Josh Allen isnt an underdog anymore. We are a team thats not good enough and won’t get over the hump. Thats the narrative until we win the Super Bowl or McDermott gets fired.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

There are a number of ‘pundits’ bailing on Buffalo, regardless what we think about the changes through the offseason. I’m not seeing a lot of bailing on Allen -no one can and be reputable. But most fingers are pointing at McDermott as assuredly he  is simply not good enough to take this team any further. No history to defend this either. 
I’m certainly excited about the additions we’ve added, but equally tempered knowing McDingleberry will screw it up/not start Kincaid/fail miserably coaching in the playoffs.

The League has had numerous opportunities to watch and critique the Bills. Nearly to a man, the finger of blame is pointed at the bald wrestler.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Cowherd has never, NEVER been on the Bills. He has always hated the team because he hates small market franchises. Among plenty of other reasons he doesnt like our team. Go back to ignoring him.

He has like 2 decent takes across ALL of his sports opinions, and both have to do with how stupid most Sports Radio Callers are.

• Disagree 3

He realized, as many media members realized, you get clicks these days when you talk about the Bills.

There's a lot of interest in the team. Good story, bad story, it's all the same.

Who wants to read a story about the Colts? Vikings? Titans? Nobody cares...

I'd even argue good teams like the Bengals, Chargers, Ravens, and Jaguars aren't as interesting to talk about. The Bills are likeable, they haven't gotten over the hump yet, and they've been the new shiny toy for a while now. KC still will get the most clicks, but they're undeniably the class of the AFC until proven otherwise, so there isn't as much to talk about.

• Agree 1

That's the fun thing about national pundits. Last year the popular "group think" predictions were that Buffalo would win it all. Then, the Bills had the unmitigated NERVE to...well not win it all. So the pundits need to regroup. "How could this be? It couldn't be because we were wrong...no. SOMEONE has to take the fall."

They can't blame Allen. Half of them only know Dorsey because he smashed a tablet. So, McDermott is the fall guy because "he coached defense". Easy target and something that's easy to hop on board for those that struggle with original thoughts or ideas.

I will guarantee all season long we see graphics every broadcast on "defensive coaches winning Super Bowls" every telecast followed by a weekly discussion about the unhappiness of Stef Diggs. A shot or 2 of the Falls and call it a telecast.

Lol, it is pretty hilarious how Cowherd is doing weekly monologues just destroying Sean McDermott in particular.  Cowherd won't be satisfied until every head coach with defensive lineage has been evicted from the league.  

Fact is, there are so many more head coaches with offensive backgrounds nowadays, that the Super Bowl will most likely be won by an "offensive" head coach.  It's sheer numbers.

If McDermott somehow overperforms, then Cowherd will go after Robert Salah.

• Agree 1

Most, if not all, Bills fans wore the ‘favorite to win the SB’ media tag last season like it was a Lombardi Trophy. Gotta take the good with the bad. It’s not like sports media knows anymore than the average fan. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

if it’s clickbait, he certainly has you hooked.  How many times are you going to start this thread?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

the 'out-coached' point is the worst one, unless mcdaniels can coach the sun to crank up the heat and the clouds to roll away.

The Bills still put up 500 yards on that 105 degree day with half their starting defense out. 

The second game you can make the argument. They ran it down the Bills throat and protected Tua by putting him in favorable situations. It was a good game plan, but they still lose.

The playoff game gets the popular view of " if Tua played" they would've won. Bills had many misfortunes that game. Going for it on 4th and 3 on the 30 instead of taking the 3.  The Int off Cole Beasley's hands. The fumble recovery for the TD. The Josh overthrow that Howard picked off. The bomb Shakir dropped. 

Like the first game the Bills dominated the stat sheet but it looked a lot closer on the scoreboard.

OUTCOACHED? Hardly....

Edited by billsbackto81

Never listen to him.  About the only thing I listen to is Mad Dog, and that's because it happens to be on when I'm driving home, and because it's entertaining to listen to him rant (not that his rants make any sense for the most part).

Just win baby.

I don't listen to or watch a lot of sports talk.  I don't dislike it, but I prefer to watch live sports and form my own opinions and conclusions.  If there are not live sports available, I prefer to get some exercise, read a book, watch a movie, etc.  When I say live sports, it's limited to NFL and college football, college hoops, NHL, NBA (playoffs only), MLB (playoffs only), and maybe the last few holes of a major golf tournament.  If I want the opinion of others, I come....HERE!  If I'm flipping through the channels and there's sports talk on and nothing else of interest, I'll listen to what they have to say, particularly if it's about one of my teams, but, I honestly don't get too worked up about it.  If Colin Cowherd (or Jim Rome, or Nick Wright [not sure I know who he is, but have seen his name here on TBD], or some other bloviating talking head) doesn't like the Bills or Sean McDermott, who cares?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

That's actually a good idea, make it for all the "analyst, podcast etc, like Nick Wright.  It would be great not to see these posted on this forum because no one but the posters of these threads care.  If they did they already read them

10 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

What role did the sun play in almost losing to a third string led fins team at home in bufffalo as they barely won a 3 Point squeaker , only to be outcoached by the Bengals head coach with much less tenure?  I guess you think he coached well against the TEXANS and both  losses to KC?  NO SUN IN THOSE GAMES. Regarding cowherd, Having had season tickets in JAX thru the coughlin years , the only similarity is their press conferences are worthless. Tom was more rigid , and got what he wanted as it was his way or get out.  Mcd is almost paranoid about info getting out, so that IS coughlin lite. Mcds coaching  gaffs have lead t0 a .500 playoff record and he has made 1 afc championship while kc has two titles, bengals at least made it to 2 afc championships and a SB with less experience at qb and HC, as have the EAGLES with a less experienced  HC and less talented franchise qb. COUGHLIN 2 SB WINS, mcd zero appearances. I suppose Cowherds next point will be ELI  was more talented than JOSH? Yeah, coaching matters in the playoffs. ( the jags teams were built from other teams castoffs, and didn’t have talent until Boselli and Taylor were drafted ; funny how bills help other teams roster development as Taylor / mahomes are where they ended up  related to bills draft choices !)

Tom did not lose games with ridiculous , repetitive coaching gaffs; he was saddled with lesser talent as an expansion team until the run where they beat both the BILLS AND BRONCOS on their home fields in 96. The diggs issue would never occur under coughlin;  either diggs would be used correctly like smith or McCardel or he would be gone. He would never be seen upstaging the qb and coughlin would not be seen with his arm around DIGGS, consoling him. There seems to have been a lack of accountability in the coaching ranks with mcd;  this year might show its really been issues primarily with mcd. 

People on live podcasts last night were saying the diggs behavior is nothing, just overblown clickbait by fans and press.  Meanwhile  florio is reporting DIGGS is unhappy with his role in the o and playcalling. Put your head in the sand if you wish to , but this is more evidence Dorsey was not ready for last year. After watching an unimaginative o struggle the second half of the season until they imploded against the bengals. scoring JUST 10 points at home , it could be plausible diggs has seen some of the current Dorsey play book and his unhappiness could have a well founded basis.

This isn’t going to just disappear.  You can have all the new talent infused you want , but its about creatively using that talent , and if an OC and qb are ok with a talent like diggs getting 0 targets in some halves, allowing teams to take him away as they were scheming for GABE to prove he could  beat them, and it appears diggs just fired more warning shots that Dorsey may not be a highly qualified OC capable of developing  a SB WINNING offense.  Allen hand picked Dorsey; seems obvious why the relationship w diggs is strained and josh went overboard to the press to prove diggs is his guy and he will “do better”. We have heard josh say he would do better so many times about ints, fumbles, taking bad sacks losing fg position etc, and the fact is he actually needs to if he wishes to win the SB he wants for BUFFALO and that goal goes thru diggs per joshes own statement. Imagine this wr corp without diggs if he chose to sit out; hard to think of beating kc, Cincy , Miami, not to mention the rising eagles without a true #1 wr.  It took a lot for DIGGS to confront Mcbeane. They need to listen ; some of those games were horrible to watch with receivers almost running into each other. 

This doesnt seem like the process or unified vision like mcd has preached, and despite things like the better RB ROOM, Dorsey and josh struggle handing the ball off based on past performances and Dorsey needs to prove he can develop an offense that can be effective in different conditions and when teams are daring the bills to run.  I can see digg ‘s points ; Dorsey AND mcd have to show they can adapt.   Back to COWHERD, Coughlin did adapt and won 2 SB’S. Mcd is no coughlin YET; this year will prove if he can do more than just create a player centric culture.  He has to prove he has learned to adapt and can win while having an extremely talented qb and very good roster. So far all he has proven is  he can be outcoached come playoff time. Those are the facts. Great guy, but if you don’t win with ALLEN, it’s a career and time wasted, and as an owner I would take a chance i might find better.  It’s about the Lombardi , not afc east titles. It’s cliche , but where there’s smoke , there’s fire, and when a guy who will get  24 mil is complaining something’s burning. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheCockSportif said:

When Dan Synder still ran that team, I'm literally shocked that Cowherd wasn't given a shot as GM, or the Lions, or something like that.

Or members of sports forums. We fans/sports talk hosts talk sometimes like we really know more than coaches.......we don't, we know less. Still we enjoy the back and forth.😁

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

There are a number of ‘pundits’ bailing on Buffalo, regardless what we think about the changes through the offseason. I’m not seeing a lot of bailing on Allen -no one can and be reputable. But most fingers are pointing at McDermott as assuredly he  is simply not good enough to take this team any further. No history to defend this either. 
I’m certainly excited about the additions we’ve added, but equally tempered knowing McDingleberry will screw it up/not start Kincaid/fail miserably coaching in the playoffs.

The League has had numerous opportunities to watch and critique the Bills. Nearly to a man, the finger of blame is pointed at the bald wrestler.

Giving you an awesome vote just for the bald wrestler comment 🤣

Hilarious! 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

You gotta win to keep the National Bandwagon on board

While everybody was saying how amazing it was to be the media darlings for once last year I said yeah but if we don't pull it off watch how fast they all jump off the wagon

They scored 10 points in a home playoff game and looked nothing like a contender, when you don’t follow any particular team closely like the fans do and you’ve maybe seen a handful of prime time games and that loss is your last impression then you see all the rats jumping ship.

I would have been surprised had they not got off the Bills nut sack given their view of the team prior to the KC divisional loss. They need to win a title and even after that, there’ll be a segment of people who say do it again and then we’ll crown you.

Life of the Mafia.