Beasley claims Dak is "best leader he ever played with by far"...

Big Turk

I've always found the best leaders are the people that are the biggest reason for the team's success. 

Allen is generally well liked by almost anyone who meets him. Players say they're coming to the Bills because "he's a dawg". He consistently leads by example in games. I'm amazed at the Einstein's in this thread who don't think that is leadership. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Which begs the question...what does he think Allen needs to do to reach that level or where is Allen lacking in comparison?  I don't think this is a dig at Allen at all, Beasley has said many times he thinks Allen can be the best QB in the league and has immense talent and ability.  

I'm super curious as to what he thinks Allen needs to get better at in this department because all you have heard is how amazing Allen is as a leader since pretty much day 1...

I wasn’t sure before but now I am that if he can troll the Bills and Bills fans because of their reaction to his Covid takes he’s going to. 

Is Dak isn’t even a better leader then Diggs or Poyer or Milano or Hyde? 

I don't have a problem with his comment, he's said very flattering things of Josh which wouldn't contradict this statement.   It's possible that Josh may not be a finished product when it comes to leadership, he does have a friendly goofy nature and maybe he hasn't mastered the art of cracking the whip the way Brady has.

I sense that Josh is looking to take his game from a leadership role to another level this year.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

How is he interjecting? By having an opinion about someone who doesn’t play for the Bills? He didn’t mention Josh or the Bills at all until a butthurt fan replied to him, and then all he did was give Josh a compliment as well. 

I think your affection for Dak is messing with your objectivity. First, he’s desperate to get a contract and by blowing smoke up Dak’s rear end, he figures it can’t hurt. He’s openly lobbying for a spot on the Cowboys on social media. By comparing Dak to Josh in the area of leadership is silly especially when Dak has underperformed in the last 2 post seasons and is generally considered the most overpaid QB in football, hamstringing his team’s ability to add talent. I know you’re not a Josh fan because anyone who’s watched Josh’s career knows he leads by his heroic performance on the field with disregard for the pain he absorbs. His teammates all talk glowingly about him and rush to his defense when he takes  undue punishment.He leads by playing through injury and taking full responsibility for losses. He only praises teammates and coaches and makes it his business to organize activities off the field to build strong relationships. Naturally Cole complimented Josh grudgingly because he’s acknowledged as one of the top 3 QBs in football. If he’s trying to get a contract do you think it serves him to sound like a malcontent. Everything Cole does has an underlying purpose. His disdain for Bills fans was part of this imbecilic statement.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Beasley has told Josh Allen many times that he loves him, mostly as the team has left the locker room and is in the tunnel on the way out to the field.  And as we all know, the course of true love never runs smooth.  So Prescott may have Beasley's respect, but Allen will always have his heart. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

To me his fundamentals are completely wrong.

Yes you want to move the right hip forward, then the back and shoulder should come forward, the arm last.

Maybe this is why his accuracy is so bad.

Dude, you've played in a total of 3 NFL games and have a 45% completion percentage and you have the audacity to criticize another QBs fundamentals!!!!!?????!?!?!?!?

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Watching him dance with Elaine Benes would be like watching Charles Barkley golf before he fixed his swing.    😋

I refuse to believe that Barkley's golf swing is fixable...

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Amari Cooper called Dak the black Kirk Cousins fwiw

I'm not quite sure what that means?

28 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

Beasley is just trying to find a job.  The Bills have turned him down and he is now lobbying to get a spot with the Cowboys.  Pumping up Dak has to help, or so Beasley thinks so.

Like I said elsewhere, sounds more to me like he is lobbying for a spot with the Texans.  The Cowboys seem to be pretty set at WR.  Who do the Texans have except 30 yr old Bobby Trees?

Edited by Beck Water

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not quite sure what that means?

Like I said elsewhere, sounds more to me like he is lobbying for a spot with the Texans.  The Cowboys seem to be pretty set at WR.  Who do the Texans have except 30 yr old Bobby Trees?

stat padder

• Like (+1) 1

I'm in the major minority here, but just because a guy is likeable, physical, and says the right things, hardly makes him a guy you will storm the beaches for. I don't know what kind of leader Josh is or isn't. But I think the people who are just assuming Beasley is throwing shade are no more likely to be right than the people who aren't. Personally, I don't see Josh as an Alpha type natural leader. A guy that takes command when the chips are down. Walks the sidelines holding people accountable when mistakes are made. He might have shown glimpses. But I don't see it being who he naturally is. I have seen what it looks like when somebody is just built that way and as I said, that quality has nothing to do with playing prowess. I do think a guy like Josh can grow into it more. It's like all things. Some of it is natural and some of it is developed. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Does Allen ever rank the receivers he's played with that way?

No, because he has the emotional intelligence to understand that nothing good can come of that.

If Beasley wasn't such an all-around complete f#cking idiot he would know to just keep these guys names out of his sparsely toothed mouth. :doh:

He even does it FOR FREE on twitter.    At least get paid for it if you are going to alienate former teammates.

It's not very hard to just say "I played with no better leader than Dak".   Then nobody else is thrown under the bus.  (Never mind that he b!tched about Dak only throwing him the ball on 3rd downs on his way out of Dallas.:rolleyes:)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Dak is reportedly a good leader.  I don't know why people are upset by this.  I think there are people on this board with better leadership skills than Allen.  That's not a knock on Josh.  But leadership doesn't seem to be Allen's forte.  He's a strong-armed talented passer, a good runner, a fierce competitor, and an overall nice guy.  But nothing I've seen or heard makes me think he excels as a leader.  

Then again, my opinion is based on observations from afar.  I've never been in the huddle or locker room with Josh.  But Beas has.  

I don’t think there’s much rage about it but I do think folks think beasley goes out of his way to stoke fires for attention while also playing victim… which isn’t a particularly endearing quality. 

he quite literally has called himself out for being an idiot that can’t handle social media and the like, even prior to covid 

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, because he has the emotional intelligence to understand that nothing good can come of that.

If Beasley wasn't such an all-around complete f#cking idiot he would know to just keep these guys names out of his sparsely toothed mouth. :doh:

He even does it FOR FREE on twitter.    At least get paid for it if you are going to alienate former teammates.

It's not very hard to just say "I played with no better leader than Dak".   Then nobody else is thrown under the bus.  (Never mind that he b!tched about Dak only throwing him the ball on 3rd downs on his way out of Dallas.:rolleyes:)

“dak is a great leader- I’m excited to see CJ play” is real easy… you know, unless you actually are looking for the attention on you, instead of dak or cj 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

I think your affection for Dak is messing with your objectivity. First, he’s desperate to get a contract and by blowing smoke up Dak’s rear end, he figures it can’t hurt. He’s openly lobbying for a spot on the Cowboys on social media. By comparing Dak to Josh in the area of leadership is silly especially when Dak has underperformed in the last 2 post seasons and is generally considered the most overpaid QB in football, hamstringing his team’s ability to add talent. I know you’re not a Josh fan because anyone who’s watched Josh’s career knows he leads by his heroic performance on the field with disregard for the pain he absorbs. His teammates all talk glowingly about him and rush to his defense when he takes  undue punishment.He leads by playing through injury and taking full responsibility for losses. He only praises teammates and coaches and makes it his business to organize activities off the field to build strong relationships. Naturally Cole complimented Josh grudgingly because he’s acknowledged as one of the top 3 QBs in football. If he’s trying to get a contract do you think it serves him to sound like a malcontent. Everything Cole does has an underlying purpose. His disdain for Bills fans was part of this imbecilic statement.

Not reading that essay

Why do some Bills fans get so defensive over any slight (real or perceived) when it comes to Allen? Can’t wait for the Bills to finally win a Lombardi so maybe all this sensitivity towards any criticisms of Allen can go away. Not holding my breath though. 

• Like (+1) 2

I loved Beasley as a player, think he played an integral and vital role in both Allen's and the offense's development.  He was a super reliable target in the short middle who almost always separated and got open. Fluid and smooth and extremely reliable. Not having a player like Beasley last year, to me, was a fatal blow to this offense and championship aspirations.

But shut up, Beasley!!!

What a ridiculous thing to say when he played with Josh Allen, and as supportable as his vaccine ideas, and based on the same kind of nonsense floating around in his head now.

Prescott looks like a scared deer in the headlights almost every time he plays against a good defense or in an important game--and almost never makes the needed plays to win those games.  That is not a high level leader, cannot instill confidence in his teammates.

I don't even feel the need to contrast that with Allen, as the difference is so clear, so obvious.

Prescott will continue to be a mediocre/poor quarterback when it matters most, and it is doesn't seem to be because of a lack of physical ability, but the other qualities that make a player a great quarterback--and a great leader of men.

Beasley seems to be having some long term Covid complications, further damaging his reasoning ability.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, boyst said:

he did not like brady. and the bucs did not like brady. some bucs message boards brought this up and it was noticeable to those watching - brady treated his teammates like dogs in TB.

And he got them to win the Super Bowl

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Beas is not smart. 

I don't understand the hate here.   It's just Beasley's opinion and not an outrageous one.  Other people have commented on Prescott's leadership qualities.  Just because people think it is a slight swipe at Allen doesn't mean he doesn't believe it.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

I defended Beasley for years when people thought he put himself ahead of the team, but hearing his sourgrapes dig at Bills fans with a nonsensical remark about Dak being a “much” better leader as rookie and 2nd year than Josh, is just pitiful. Beasley should just go away.

Where did he say all that?

21 minutes ago, boyst said:

Defense got them there, the lack of turnovers helped.

This is a worse take than thinking mint jelly is best on toast. 

The Bucs had the #3 offense for points and the #2 offense for passing yards the year they won with Brady.  #28 rushing offense.  Clearly their offense had a strong role in getting them there, and specifically their passing offense - which means Brady.  He got them to the NFC Championship Game that year.

The only game where you can say the Bucs got there in spite of Brady, was the Conference Championship with Green Bay.  Brady threw three picks, and was helped out by ticky-tak penalties against GB's secondary, at the worst time.  I thought Green Bay shoulda won that but they just couldn't close the deal.

And yeah, the Tampa D and their run game carried the day against KC.

So Brady got them there,  no question.  Then the refs, the run game, and the D closed the deal.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Why do Bills fans have such thin skins?

Thick skin makes you slow and less maneuverable. We need light armor for the agility needed to jump to conclusions, and the dexterity to run in circles as the sky is falling. 

I'm irritated because I staunchly defended Bease and Feliciano in their wildly unpopular (and unfortunately ultimately correct) personal health decisions. Only to have each one of them end up talking trash about the team like jilted exes. Who in Boo Easley's inner circle doesn't love him enough to at least monitor his Twitter? At least while he's not officially retired and has a potential income to think about? Mongo being the worse of the two because he can't stop talking crap after being on two different teams. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.