Your one, and only one, draft hot take?

We are less than 48hrs out from the completion of the first found of the draft. What is your biggest hot take?

Mine is Darnell Washington being the first tight end off the board.

I think this still qualifies as a hot take. I have seen some recent rankings and mocks that have Washington as the first tight end off the board or the second highest graded right end in the draft. 

Still, the overall consensus I think is that he is a second round prospect and the #3 TE. 

Some rumblings of possible medical issues but those could maybe be smoke screens. And after seeing how Gronk’s career panned out after his serious medical red flags I think more than one GM will be willing to take a gamble on him.

• Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

We are less than 48hrs out from the completion of the first found of the draft. What is your biggest hot take?

I think this still qualifies as a hot take. I have seen some recent rankings and mocks that have Washington as the first tight end off the board or the second highest graded right end in the draft. 

Still, the overall consensus I think is that he is a second round prospect and the #3 TE. 

Some rumblings of possible medical issues but those could maybe be smoke screens. And after seeing how Gronk’s career panned out after his serious medical red flags I think more than one GM will be willing to take a gamble on him.

It's not an exact comp but Washington reminds me a lot of Johnny U's favorite target

EjQSN3MXgAAKFwl?format=jpg&name=small

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

my hot take is I’m going to laugh at all the beat, fat, old, whipped wannabe draft experts here that skewer Beane no matter who he picks just because he didn’t pick their guy. 

edit: it’s not actually a “hot” take, I’ve done it for several years now.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Bills move up to #24 swapping 1sts with the Jaguars and giving them our 4th rounder.  Similar to what we did last year.  We leapfrog the Giants to take Jordan Addison or Zay Flowers (whichever one is left). 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's not an exact comp but Washington reminds me a lot of Johnny U's favorite target

EjQSN3MXgAAKFwl?format=jpg&name=small

IIRC Johnny was very upset when Leo Durocher stole this two sport athlete and future HR king.

Rashee Rice will have one of the two best careers of WRs in this draft.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hot take.... Jack Campbell will still be on the board at #59.

it’s only a hot take on this board. I think both you and I know that with the exception of maybe Simpson that those guys never were being picked in round 1 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

If true there’s really only about 15 players with consensus first round grades someone we all thought would be top 15 will be there when the Bills pick…

The guys this year will be Notre Dame TE Michael Mayer and WR Jordan Addison 

Beane will skip them to draft Mazi Smith of Michigan 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Angry 1

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Zay Flowers falls out of the first round.  

JSN

Johnston

Addison

Only 3 WR go in RD 1.  Unless we go Downs - I can live with Hyatt to I think.   

I’ll go opposite and say Zay Flowers will be the first WR taken. He’s who I want the bills to take but GMs know he’s the most talented WR in this class and he will go first 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the perceived lack of top end talent in round 1, team draft boards are all very different this year. This will lead to a TON of talk about teams "reaching" and many of the guys mocked in the 12-20 range will still be on the board when the Bills pick. This includes at least 1 of the top 4 mentioned QBs and wouldn't shock me to see either Levis or Richardson drop out of round 1 altogether.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

All top 7 TEs are gone by the end of round 2. 

Mayer, Kincaid, Musgrave, Washington, LaPorta, Kraft, Schoonmaker. 

Interesting. I definitely have 6 going. Schoonmaker too would be an interesting development. 

4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

If you're right, will he be on the board at #60?

Yea in the event he gets there I think they'd take him. I am not saying he definitely will but if I have a controversial (at least on this board) thing that I think might happen tomorrow night, it is Campbell falling much further than people expect. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Interesting. I definitely have 6 going. Schoonmaker too would be an interesting development. 

I don’t have any insight tbh but TEs in this game as we know have become vital. Once those top 6 come off there is a drop after 7 so I think someone reaches on schoomaker to make sure they get one of the top 7 compared to whoever they have at 8 

With JSM long gone, Giants take Addison and the Chiefs trade up one spot ahead of us to take Flowers, leaving us with Johnson, who doesn't fit our needs, and three players who should be taken in the second-round: Hyatt, Downs, and Mims. 

I don't think that's the end of the world, since we could trade down and pick up a fourth or fifth. But a Hopkins trade would be imperative if we want to go all the way this year. Diggs, Hopkins, Downs, Davis, Shakir, Harty, Sherfield, along with Knox and one of the TE in the draft... I'll take that. 

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don’t have any insight tbh but TEs in this game as we know have become vital. Once those top 6 come off there is a drop after 7 so I think someone reaches on schoomaker to make sure they get one of the top 7 compared to whoever they have at 8 

So I have the drop after 6 personally. I like Schoonmaker (I understand the Bills like him too fwiw) but I'm not sure I see a day 2 talent there. I think he is a day 3 guy. But I can see a team towards the end of round 2 or the very top of the 3rd having looked at this class and thought "we'll get a tight end in the second" going on the clock with 6 taken and reaching. It wouldn't be the first time.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

So I have the drop after 6 personally. I like Schoonmaker (I understand the Bills like him too fwiw) but I'm not sure I see a day 2 talent there. I think he is a day 3 guy. But I can see a team towards the end of round 2 or the very top of the 3rd having looked at this class and thought "we'll get a tight end in the second" going on the clock with 6 taken and reaching. It wouldn't be the first time.

Yes that’s what I see happening . I have Schoonmaker as a 3rd rounder so it makes more sense I guess with my ranking than yours 

ONE of these top ranked players will slip to the bottom of round two or even to round 3.  It seems to happen every year.  Some round 1 talent takes an unexpected tumble.  Last year for example, Utah Linebacker Nakobe Dean who was graded on most sources as a 1st round prospect, tumbled to the third round.  I could see the same thing for SOMEONE on the list below.  I've bolded a few that could have a higher chance of slipping...

Christian Gonzalez CB OREGON

Nolan Smith ED GEORGIA

Calijah Kancey DI PITTSBURGH

Brian Branch S ALABAMA

Paris Johnson Jr. T OHIO STATE

Myles Murphy ED CLEMSON

Deonte Banks CB MARYLAND

Michael Mayer TE NOTRE DAME

Broderick Jones T GEORGIA

Jordan Addison WR USC

Anton Harrison T OKLAHOMA

Emmanuel Forbes CB MISS STATE

Lukas Van Ness ED IOWA

Tyree Wilson ED TEXAS TECH

Will McDonald IV ED IOWA STATE

O'Cyrus Torrence G FLORIDA

Dawand Jones T OHIO STATE

Edited by Yantha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.