Former Bill T.O. Runs 4.40 at 48 years old

Warriorspikes51

Even with all that surrounded him i always was hoping that a team would give him another shot & i loved it when he was with the Bills ! 

The NFL has this thing about possibly putting some out to pasture before their time or even if teams bring them in they don't use them as much but it looks as if TO could still contribute even today .

I know in my last what if post i caught a lot of crap but i wouldn't mind to see him line up on a team today just to see if he still had some of what he had when he was playing & am glad to see that he is still in top shape for what some would call his advanced age .

• Like (+1) 1

That's the type of player our roster is missing.  A big, physical WR that has to be taken into account every Sunday.  

We're too "small" at the position (Sorry Addison, Flowers.....). 

Give me Johnston...  (only 1st round consideration IMO)

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Beane reaching into that Bills endless stack of 1 year contracts.........

Anyway, there's no way this is a 4.40.  He barely beat out that other collection of randos......including the guy who was filming on his phone!

lol

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’ve always been a T.O. fan and loved the season he played in Buffalo. 

Obviously he’s not a legitimate target at 48, but I think it’s pretty awesome that he’s still in shape and has those kinds of wheels. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Yantha said:

That's the type of player our roster is missing.  A big, physical WR that has to be taken into account every Sunday.  

We're too "small" at the position (Sorry Addison, Flowers.....). 

Give me Johnston...  (only 1st round consideration IMO)

Like Tillman, Mingo later rounds as well. Enough smurfs, let's get Josh some bigger targets that can run. 

Everybody's different.  He's a genetic wonder. He looks way younger, i think there's something psychological to that.

Shoot I'm 33 and ppl think I'm 23 . Looked super young all my life. It bothered me actually,  not cause I couldn't get girls or have a solid group of friends,  just felt like a freak for looking so young. Now that I'm in my 30s I'm loving it! Also physically,  I can do everything at the same level then when I was younger. Gotta cut back on the booze though😔

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Here is the thing, the old body can't take the pounding at 48. IF he was to return to the NFL he would need 3 weeks off after every single game. 

so active for the divisional playoff, and then ready to go after a couple weeks to recover for the Super Bowl???

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Beane reaching into that Bills endless stack of 1 year contracts.........

Anyway, there's no way this is a 4.40.  He barely beat out that other collection of randos......including the guy who was filming on his phone!

lol

How do you know who the other guys are or how fast they run?

I personally think it would be interesting to see TO put on an NFL uni again.  Can an NFL WR still compete at age 48?   As an older guy myself, I'd love to see it.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

How do you know who the other guys are or how fast they run?

I personally think it would be interesting to see TO put on an NFL uni again.  Can an NFL WR still compete at age 48?   As an older guy myself, I'd love to see it.  

A 4.4 is a very good time for a college athlete at the combine.  This is a bunch of dudes at the track.  One of them is holding up a camera the whole time and finishes in the group, not far behind behind TO.  There is no time posted.  Other than that, sure, there's no reason to believe  he didn't run a 4.40 there. lol

Anyway--if he could play, the XFL would have him on a roster. 

2 hours ago, T master said:

Even with all that surrounded him i always was hoping that a team would give him another shot & i loved it when he was with the Bills ! 

The NFL has this thing about possibly putting some out to pasture before their time or even if teams bring them in they don't use them as much but it looks as if TO could still contribute even today .

I know in my last what if post i caught a lot of crap but i wouldn't mind to see him line up on a team today just to see if he still had some of what he had when he was playing & am glad to see that he is still in top shape for what some would call his advanced age .

TO was a class act when with the Bills, much to my surprise after his many episodes around the league..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I mean that is great and all, but TO didn't do anything in his chances with the CFL and the fan controlled league in his most recent attempts to play.  He has no shot of winning a roster spot on an NFL team.  

Its one thing to run fast in a straight line in shorts, it is a whole other thing at 48 to make violent and hard cuts in pads with full contact.  Not to mention, hand eye coordination significantly degrades with time too.  

That being said pretty impressive 40 at age 48...he is just not a football player anymore.  

14 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Everybody's different.  He's a genetic wonder. He looks way younger, i think there's something psychological to that.

Shoot I'm 33 and ppl think I'm 23 . Looked super young all my life. It bothered me actually,  not cause I couldn't get girls or have a solid group of friends,  just felt like a freak for looking so young. Now that I'm in my 30s I'm loving it! Also physically,  I can do everything at the same level then when I was younger. Gotta cut back on the booze though😔

You can maybe do everything at the same level on day one. For an amateur athlete, that's entirely believable. Many of us actually achieve BETTER fitness levels in our early 30s. But the RECOVERY needed after highly strenuous exertion changes considerably with age. And 33 is still young enough for amateur athletes. We don't need to measure things in 1/10ths of seconds. We never possessed the kind of elite explosive movement traits that diminish by age 30. 

And let's be honest, that was probably NOT a 4.40 40-yard dash right there. T.O. has always been a freak, and he's always taken ELITE care of his body. But let's get serious. The guy with his phone out must have run a 4.6 turned sideways lol.

10 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Our generation is a different breed. I'm 49 and still run a 4.3. I don't have the wind capacity anymore because I smoke like a chimney, but still fast and quick.

I can't tell if this is actually a joke. Reads like sincere delusion. 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.