Josh Britt unverified Breakup rumour

14 hours ago, Logic said:

After a year in which his elbow injury impacted him more than many knew, and in which he was adjusting to the first offensive coordinator change of his pro career, and which ended with a bunch of NFL fans again questioning Allen's place among the best passers in the league...

I predict Josh will have a monster season in 2023, re-assert his place as a top three player in the league, and set career high marks in several categories.

I mostly care about Bills winning a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I'm not getting any younger!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

model? Really?? Did she buy a rack? Anyway Josh could have a whole lotta fun now…. A whole lot

Social media has loosened up the definition of modeling.  She’s paid and followed for her looks…thats a model.

She wouldn’t have anywhere near the following without Josh but she fortunately met him.

8 hours ago, AZSanta said:

I hear what you are saying. He certainly can stay true to his morals and values, but getting caught up in that scene can be bad news. I hope he can find a nice Buffalo chick to win his heart. I guess I am scared to death he will be ruined. He is ours and I don't want him anywhere near show biz.

I don’t think Allen has it in him to be ruined.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, boater said:

Well, let's hope motivated Josh hooks up again with his mentor Jordan Palmer. Goal: throw fewer interceptions.

An unpopular take for sure. But there's some there there. 14 for 2022 exceeds his 12 of his rookie year,

You don’t want to go back to pre Josh Allen in Buffalo for 20 years after Kelly retired it was bad really really bad as in they begged Kyle Orton to come out of retirement to stabilize the position. So you live with Josh playing hero ball every now and then. 

I’m glad he said this but I do love that he says he sees himself as football player first and a qb second. That’s why guys love him. And his style and running makes him so dangerous. But long term, it is going to catch up. Cam Newton set rookie passing records and win a MVP and his body started breaking down. Glad Josh is realizing it but it was fun watching him try to run over defensive players. 

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Mickey was right, women weaken legs.

Mickey got no chicks. 

12 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I hate the INT's to and everyone could stand to benefit from playing better.  But it seems to me that Allen gets more criticism on a Bills Board then Lamar Jackson gets on that same Bills board in that epic Jackson contract thread.  So I did a little mental exercise.  I compared Jackson & Allen's stats over the last 2 seasons:

Allen in 33/33 games:  8690 passing yards, 71 passing TD's & 29 INT's

Jackson in 24/34 games:  5124 passing yards, 33 passing TD's & 20 INT's

Allen in 33/33 games:  1525 rushing yards, 13 rushing TD's & 8 lost fumbles

Jackson in 24/34 games:  1531 rushing yards, 5 rushing TD's & 5 lost fumbles

Allen in 33/33 games:  10,215 total yards, 84 total TD's & 37 total TO's

Jackson in 24/34 games:  6655 total yards, 38 total TD's & 25 total TO's

We don't remotely have a QB problem even with Allen's INT's and room for further improvement.  It's clear what the Bills have to do to win a championship.  Copy KC, Cincy & Philly and throw all available resources into the offense.  The more talent the Bills surround Allen with the more Super Bowl runs this organization will have.

I have been an Allen proponent since before he was drafted and defended him when half this board wanted him gone after season 2.  Those who posted that back then rarely admit it now.

But saying he needs to play better is not the same as saying we have a QB problem.

In 2022, he had more INT than Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Brady, Rodgers, Hurts, and just about every other top QB except Prescott.  We all know he had several other dropped INTs. I'm sure those other QBs had dropped INTs as well.  And to be fair, the difference between Allen and the majority of these guys was 2-3 INTs. Only Hurts had single digit INTs(6).

He played with a bad elbow for a majority of the year but he was still careless at times.  The INT on the opening drive of the Jets away game was brutal.  He also had a few red-zone INT's taking points off the board.  

We all saw missed opportunities to take the safer checkdown.  

He is the best QB this franchise has ever had and yes he still needs to be better to get us a ring.  Both things can be true.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I have been an Allen proponent since before he was drafted and defended him when half this board wanted him gone after season 2.  Those who posted that back then rarely admit it now.

But saying he needs to play better is not the same as saying we have a QB problem.

In 2022, he had more INT than Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Brady, Rodgers, Hurts, and just about every other top QB except Prescott.  We all know he had several other dropped INTs. I'm sure those other QBs had dropped INTs as well.  And to be fair, the difference between Allen and the majority of these guys was 2-3 INTs. Only Hurts had single digit INTs(6).

He played with a bad elbow for a majority of the year but he was still careless at times.  The INT on the opening drive of the Jets away game was brutal.  He also had a few red-zone INT's taking points off the board.  

He is the best QB this franchise has ever had and yes he still needs to be better to get us a ring.  Both things can be true.

The Bills luck is unfortunate. 

Because they have their best QB ever, at the same time an even better one is in Kansas City, and 5-6 other AFC Teams have their best QB in Franchise History. 

25 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I agree with most of what you said.  But, when evaluating Josh's 2022 season, I think you paint an incomplete picture if you don't mention the porous OL or the many drops. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

His ex is 25.

So I will ask again, is this breakup of JA & his girlfriend confirmed, or just wild speculation by fans who have zero actual knowledge of anything beyond when is the next time they're going to be at the kiosk inside a McDonalds?

4 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

I mostly care about Bills winning a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I'm not getting any younger!

I hear ya, and I agree.

I'm not making any predictions about how the rest of the team will fair. I will only say that I believe that Josh Allen will have a huge year, and that if the Bills don't win a Lombardi, it will not be because of him.

16 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Amazing what a little snorkeling will do for morale.

My morale for Josh hasn't wavered much.

Now my feeling about the rest of the team (and coaching staff) assembled AROUND him...

That's more of a "two hour discussion over a round of beers and skinny-woman tequila drinks" kind of discussion.

4 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

So I will ask again, is this breakup of JA & his girlfriend confirmed, or just wild speculation by fans who have zero actual knowledge of anything beyond when is the next time they're going to be at the kiosk inside a McDonalds?

So I will definitively state again, you are not my real dad.  Draw your own conclusions and maybe don't miss the point so badly next time.

39 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Allen does have to take care of the ball better and limit turnovers, but I would look more at his supporting cast as to what needs to get better. OL, another elite level playmaker on offense to help Allen and Diggs. A defense that can show up in a big game would also be helpful. 

12 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's more then an unpopular take it's a completely irrational take and ignores the more important stats. Which is exactly what I mean by some fans being overly critical of Allen on a Bills message board!  You throw out his 14 INT's and compare them to his 12 INT's his rookie year as if this shows there's a problem.  But you leave out the rest of the story:

Rookie Allen threw for 2074 yards, 10 TD's and 12 INT's in 11 games.

Elite 2022 Allen threw for 4238 yards, 35 TD's and 14 INT's in 16 games.

So Allen threw 25 more TD passes and only 2 more INT's.  And Allen was almost as productive running the ball in 2022 as he was running the ball as a rookie. 

Rookie Allen had 631 rushing yards, 8 TD and 2 lost fumbles

Elite 2022 Allen had 762 rushing yards, 7 TD's and 5 lost fumbles.

I will admit, I could have made a more well-rounded argument like Ethan in Cleveland did.

And I could be suffering "they really stunk up the Cincinnati game" bias instead of looking at the whole season.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

It's speculation at this point but being that she has removed him from her social media, it's a pretty strong indicator.  

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's speculation at this point but being that she has removed him from her social media, it's a pretty strong indicator.  

Kyle Murray did the same with the Cardinals and they are still together 

• Haha (+1) 5

15 hours ago, finn said:

Let's see if he can coax Diggs out of his hissy fit moping. 

Lol. I'm not a fan of him missing the workouts but it's no big deal to me. 

I said this in a different thread but Von made a comment in his presser yesterday about how important it is to be present and how you earn respect of the teammates by being present.  I'm sure it wasn't a shot at Diggs but it's interesting 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Even though I quoted your post my comments were more aimed at other posters who seem to rag on Allen endlessly.

23 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Kyle Murray did the same with the Cardinals and they are still together 

I don’t think its the same.  That’s a leveraging move for contract negotiations and he’s not the only one to do it.

A personal relationship is much more of a sign.  A person you live with and have known since you were in elementary school removes you from her social media?

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Even though I quoted your post my comments were more aimed at other posters who seem to rag on Allen endlessly.

This board is getting pretty sour about anything Bills related, not just Josh.  I got to admit it's getting harder to come on here and

unfortunately, I think it's only going to get worse.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh is the best QB in the league......give him Kelce and that KC Oline and there would be very little talk of mahomes being better.

the bills over under win total is 10.5 games.....i'd say it's 90% likely goes over

bills are a legitmate Top 5 team in league

Josh locked and loaded sounds good to me

Go Bills

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This board is getting pretty sour about anything Bills related, not just Josh.  I got to admit it's getting harder to come on here and

unfortunately, I think it's only going to get worse.

If the team and player names were blacked out, and you came to this forum, you would think it was the Texans or Bears forum. It is getting truly ridiculous. We all want to see the team win a SB, but the doom and gloom BS is out of hand. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Josh is bigger than Jesus on this board and in WNY.  Its practically heresy to say anything even remotely critical of Allen on this forum.  I have no clue who or what you are reacting to.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Perhaps. I also think there's a strong argument that social media is the devil regarding relationships.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.