Josh Britt unverified Breakup rumour

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am not joking. JK was a womanizing douche before settling down... You  don't remember the stories?

JK was a complete douche-nozzle.  If social media was around then…oh dear.

Then he went and got “saved” and had a bunch of legitimately awful stuff happen around him (Hunter, cancer, etc.).

The young generation of Bills fans have no idea…they just see his presence now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, eball said:

JK was a complete douche-nozzle.  If social media was around then…oh dear.

Then he went and got “saved” and had a bunch of legitimately awful stuff happen around him (Hunter, cancer, etc.).

The young generation of Bills fans have no idea…they just see his presence now.

Yup. I was trying to be nice. If SocialMedia was around when that dude was in college @ Miami, he'd be toast!  Oh, you forgot the float plane crash in the Bering Sea Alaska... What was up with that? 

4 straight SBs losses... All kinds of crazy crap. Karma catching up with him for past bad actions?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jim-kelly-in-plane-crash/

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am not joking. JK was a womanizing douche before settling down... You  don't remember the stories?

I do. Kelly is also enshrined through the city and some people ignore that part of him and waive their hand at it so I am never sure.

When you say settle down, he was certainly running around town with women while he was married. I have stories of him teeing off on people/kids in public all the way to about 2010.

I feel bad for Jim’s health, but I am no Jim Kelly fan as a person. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I do. Kelly is also enshrined through the city and some people ignore that part of him and waive their hand at it so I am never sure.

When you say settle down, he was certainly running around town with women while he was married. I have stories of him teeing off on people/kids in public all the way to about 2010.

I feel bad for Jim’s health, but I am no Jim Kelly fan as a person. 

Let's just say he was playing games without frontiers too... lol...

Hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names and throwing water balloons at women too...

At least Josh didn't cause a root canal procedure to be done. /Smirk 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1990-04-05-9001290953-story.html

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah Jim Kelly was arrogant and handsome.  ............And a star athlete whilst at the U of Miami .  ..............Who had relations with a lot of women there,,,,,,, .................And then he met Jill from Attica..................The rest is history.now  a totally devoutly Christian husband, father and football icon NFL Hall of Famer,. #12

And now we have Josh Allen #17. A guy who has seemingly just broken up with his long time sweetheart Britt. She removing all his pics from Instagram in the day of social media is pretty telling.

This news makes me sad. They were a gorgeous couple. If this news makes me as s  fan sad imagine how the families and friends must be feeling

yes it is tabloid fodder and yes he and she have  right to their private lives. But it just makes me sad. The king of WNY has seemingly broken with his ladyfaire.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, muppy said:

Yeah Jim Kelly was arrogant and handsome.  ............And a star athlete whilst at the U of Miami .  ..............Who had relations with a lot of women there,,,,,,, .................And then he met Jill from Attica..................The rest is history.now  a totally devoutly Christian husband, father and football icon NFL Hall of Famer,. #12

And now we have Josh Allen #17. A guy who has seemingly just broken up with his long time sweetheart Britt. She removing all his pics from Instagram in the day of social media is pretty telling.

This news makes me sad. They were a gorgeous couple. If this news makes me as s  fan sad imagine how the families and friends must be feeling

yes it is tabloid fodder and yes he and she have  right to their private lives. But it just makes me sad. The king of WNY has seemingly broken with his ladyfaire.

It is sad when any long term relationship breaks up. We don't know what happened and we never will - while it's always easy to try and blame breakups on someone, sometimes people just decide they're no longer good together - it happens. Public folks are entitled to their privacy like anyone else on such matters.

Regardless, I hope the parties get through it OK - I'd hate for this to be a distraction for Josh because in his line of work you have to be all there all the time and the demise of a long term relationship is not easily shrugged off...

• Thank you (+1) 3

Yup. I was trying to be nice. If SocialMedia was around when that dude was in college @ Miami, he'd be toast!  Oh, you forgot the float plane crash in the Bering Sea Alaska... What was up with that? 

4 straight SBs losses... All kinds of crazy crap. Karma catching up with him for past bad actions?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jim-kelly-in-plane-crash/

Are you seriously talking about someone getting cancer or having to go through what they did with Hunter as “karma”?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Like there was a 3 game stretch where Kelly won't throw to Reed because Andre took home a girl that Kelly was going after.

Funny if true...but we often forget that these players are humans, not robots.  The late Joe Paterno always said he never trusted his players because a guy might have just broken up with his girlfriend last week and play like crap because of it.

We all have bad days at work because of non-work related stuff.  We just aren't typically doing our jobs in front of millions of people.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, muppy said:

OK....and I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you. 

I wish the man no ill will, but your assertion that the conversations around Kelly's treatment of people (women in particular) is relegated to his time at Miami, and that he just met Jill, straightened out, and found God is silly. 

Brett Favre loves Jesus too. Or does finding god only absolve some peoples behaviors?

• Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, Draconator said:

I one time sat at a table with Thurman and this girl I worked with at Waterbeds and Stuff. She brought a blonde-haired friend along. At the end of the night, Thurman writes his number on a piece of paper and slides it into her front pocket, and lets his hand "linger" in the pocket for a few extra seconds. 

But I also went to high school with his wife Patti. She literally turned the other way with Thurman's extracurricular activities. They have a very healthy and strong marriage today. 

Not talking about Thurman and Patti specifically rather open relationships and polyamory.

I have a few polyamorous friends in with long term significant others. Over the years I have also found myself in an "entanglement" or two with other women who are in the similar types of relationships. My polyamorous "partners" and friends generally have some of the most healthy lines of communication between them and their partners. It is really amazing and impressive. That level of openness, honesty, and vulnerability is something that I have tried to bring into my monogamous relationships. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, muppy said:

It's not that simple, Muppy. 

Kelly was still running around cheating on his wife for years after they married in 1996.  Reportedly his mother-in-law once gave him an ultimatum: tell his wife himself what was going on, or she would.  And, he pretty much left his wife to soldier through the daily burden of caring for a special needs child with a fatal genetic disease while being a mother to two other girls. 

A lot of the wives from that era of the Bills apparently made a decision to overlook serial cheating (Patti Thomas, Janine Talley, Jill Kelly etc)  It seems plausible that if the team as a whole had been less into partying and wenching (at least during the season) and a bit more into working on their game, we might have a Lombardi or two in Buffalo.

Most people are complicated, and Jim Kelly was more complicated than most.  And yes, he is a devoted Christian husband and father now....but he wasn't for many years after he married, more than a decade according to Jill's memoir.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Are you seriously talking about someone getting cancer or having to go through what they did with Hunter as “karma”?

Yeah.  Maybe... But I am not really sure. I did end what I said with a question mark. 

https://www.spiritualbee.com/posts/bhagavad-gita-on-karma-and-diseases/

But that's just me. You can think otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

OK....and I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you. 

I wish the man no ill will, but your assertion that the conversations around Kelly's treatment of people (women in particular) is relegated to his time at Miami, and that he just met Jill, straightened out, and found God is silly. 

Brett Favre loves Jesus too. Or does finding god only absolve some peoples behaviors?

wow well I might not have felt it totally necessary to write every single bit of dirt regarding his life. *shrugs* 

43 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's not that simple, Muppy. 

Kelly was still running around cheating on his wife for years after they married in 1996.  Reportedly his mother-in-law once gave him an ultimatum: tell his wife himself what was going on, or she would.  And, he pretty much left his wife to soldier through the daily burden of caring for a special needs child with a fatal genetic disease while being a mother to two other girls. 

A lot of the wives from that era of the Bills apparently made a decision to overlook serial cheating (Patti Thomas, Janine Talley, Jill Kelly etc)  It seems plausible that if the team as a whole had been less into partying and wenching (at least during the season) and a bit more into working on their game, we might have a Lombardi or two in Buffalo.

Most people are complicated, and Jim Kelly was more complicated than most.  And yes, he is a devoted Christian husband and father now....but he wasn't for many years after he married, more than a decade according to Jill's memoir.

I wasn't aware this was the rehash every bit of #12's life but so be it. *shrugs again* Is this the #12 thread or #17. either way Im Out.

😲

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

wow well I might not have felt it totally necessary to write every single bit of dirt regarding his life. *shrugs* 

I wasn't aware this was the rehash every bit of #12's life but so be it. *shrugs again* Is this the #12 thread or #17. either way Im Out.

😲

I didn’t rehash every event in his life. In fact I didn’t list a single instance whatsoever. I just said Kelly was a dick to people well after college, and certainly after marriage. Finding Jesus isn’t a fix all.

It was something like 4-5 total sentences. Much like this post. 

Praise be, or whatever…

• Vomit 1

Just now, Mango said:

I didn’t rehash every event in his life. In fact I didn’t list a single instance whatsoever. I just said Kelly was a dick to people well after college, and certainly after marriage. Finding Jesus isn’t a fix all.

It was something like 4-5 total sentences. Much like this post. 

Praise be, or whatever…

I choose whatever

13 minutes ago, muppy said:

Is this the #12 thread or #17

Well, it's a #17 thread, but when JK's name is brought up I, for one, feel some sort of obligation to remind those who weren't around or old enough to remember the 90s in WNY of what kind of a person he was.  It wasn't pretty -- even after he was married.  It took a whole lot of really terrible stuff happening in his life for JK to "morph" into what we see today.

• Agree 1

Just now, eball said:

Well, it's a #17 thread, but when JK's name is brought up I, for one, feel some sort of obligation to remind those who weren't around or old enough to remember the 90s in WNY of what kind of a person he was.  It wasn't pretty -- even after he was married.  It took a whole lot of really terrible stuff happening in his life for JK to "morph" into what we see today.

so be it. I personally dont see how dredging up a guys past in a thread where his only relevance is having been a QB for the Bills relates to Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

so be it. I personally dont see how dredging up a guys past in a thread where his only relevance is having been a QB for the Bills relates to Josh Allen. 

The relevance is in the allegations that Josh was unfaithful to his girlfriend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, muppy said:

😲

Muppy, darling....I was in direct response to you "Yeah Jim Kelly was arrogant and handsome.  ............And a star athlete whilst at the U of Miami .  ..............Who had relations with a lot of women there,,,,,,, .................And then he met Jill from Attica..................The rest is history.now  a totally devoutly Christian husband, father and football icon NFL Hall of Famer,. #12

If you wish to post a pretty clear implication that Kelly's "wining and wenching" days were over once he "met Jill from Attica", that's revisionist history.  Expect people to correct it.

Posting something yourself about Kelly that appears untrue on the most straightforward interpretation, and then flouncing out with a whinge about "write every single bit of dirt regarding his life" "rehash every bit of #12's life" when others respond, is Weak Sauce.

Merely pointing out the facts of what were disclosed in Jill Kelly's memoir is far from "every single bit of dirt" and "rehash every bit".  We'd be here more than a minute if we did that.

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Muppy, darling....I was in direct response to you "Yeah Jim Kelly was arrogant and handsome.  ............And a star athlete whilst at the U of Miami .  ..............Who had relations with a lot of women there,,,,,,, .................And then he met Jill from Attica..................The rest is history.now  a totally devoutly Christian husband, father and football icon NFL Hall of Famer,. #12

If you wish to post a pretty clear implication that Kelly's "wining and wenching" days were over once he "met Jill from Attica", that's revisionist history.  Expect people to correct it.

Posting something yourself about Kelly that appears untrue on the most straightforward interpretation, and then flouncing out with a whinge about "write every single bit of dirt regarding his life" "rehash every bit of #12's life" when others respond, is Weak Sauce.

Merely pointing out the facts of what were disclosed in Jill Kelly's memoir is far from "every single bit of dirt" and "rehash every bit".  We'd be here more than a minute if we did that.

my honest reaction Beck?  you win darling **throws confetti*** lol UNCLE

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

It seems plausible that if the team as a whole had been less into partying and wenching (at least during the season) and a bit more into working on their game, we might have a Lombardi or two in Buffalo.

So you're saying we lost 4 straight Super Bowls because the team was a bunch of partiers? And yet, somehow this partying did not affect their ability to get to 4 straight Super Bowls but only managed to inhibit their ability during Super Bowl game time. It just don't add up.

26 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

So you're saying we lost 4 straight Super Bowls because the team was a bunch of partiers? And yet, somehow this partying did not affect their ability to get to 4 straight Super Bowls but only managed to inhibit their ability during Super Bowl game time. It just don't add up.

There's regular-season partying and there's pre-Super Bowl partying. The latter is more intense. I don't know whether that affected all four attempts, but it seems plausible, at least, in the first one, especially when the opposing coach was such a disciplinarian.

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

There's regular-season partying and there's pre-Super Bowl partying. The latter is more intense. I don't know whether that affected all four attempts, but it seems plausible, at least, in the first one, especially when the opposing coach was such a disciplinarian.

The Giants game was the one they should have won. Even if they did party hard before the game they still would have won if they gave Thurman the ball more. He was on fire that day.  

• Agree 1

Yeah.  Maybe... But I am not really sure. I did end what I said with a question mark. 

https://www.spiritualbee.com/posts/bhagavad-gita-on-karma-and-diseases/

But that's just me. You can think otherwise. 

Yeah maybe.  Just asking questions, etc., etc.   I’m glad that when my loved ones have died painfully of cancer you’re just asking questions about t maybe getting what they deserve. 

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Yeah maybe.  Just asking questions, etc., etc.   I’m glad that when my loved ones have died painfully of cancer you’re just asking questions about t maybe getting what they deserve. 

Yeah... My mother died of ovarian cancer at 58 years old. I don't think you're suppose to view it the way you just did. 

• Agree 1

After a year in which his elbow injury impacted him more than many knew, and in which he was adjusting to the first offensive coordinator change of his pro career, and which ended with a bunch of NFL fans again questioning Allen's place among the best passers in the league...

I predict Josh will have a monster season in 2023, re-assert his place as a top three player in the league, and set career high marks in several categories.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.