Mac Jones being shopped?

HappyDays

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Belichick has shopped Jones to multiple teams during the 2023 offseason.

The full list of potential destinations isn’t known. The teams mentioned as potential destinations were the Raiders, Texans, Buccaneers, and Commanders.

Obviously, a trade hasn’t occurred yet. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen. A team hoping to draft a quarterback could pivot to Jones, if that team doesn’t get the guy it wants.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/04/tension-lingers-between-bill-belichick-mac-jones/

add this in here as well

The last remnants of the Dynasty are falling apart....Kraft openly endorsing Mac, BB hating Mac, questions about BBs decision making from Kraft......will he make it to break Shulas record?  He may not

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/04/tension-lingers-between-bill-belichick-mac-jones/

"Obviously, a trade hasn’t occurred yet. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen. A team hoping to draft a quarterback could pivot to Jones, if that team doesn’t get the guy it wants."

This passes for journalism in 2023.  Then again, it's PFT so not surprised. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

As noted in a link within the article, Mac’s end run efforts outside the building to talk to Alabama staff about how to properly run the O system Patricia was struggling to implement, was a source of significant tension with Belichick—this is all fantastic stuff!! 😂

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Trading mac is their fastest route to a Super Bowl.  

tank for Caleb or Drake.  Let’s hope it doesn’t happen

I think BB is toast. Without Brady and a real chance at a championship players won’t put up with his coaching style. But you’re right that tanking is their best chance at getting there. I also don’t need his successor set up with a FQB. 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Any idea what's their solution at QB if they get rid of Jones? Bailey Zappe? Or did I miss something?

Zappe wasnt  terrible and is a Pats fan favorite.  Mac Jones meanwhile is not exactly a Belcihek favorite, doesn't apear to like the "Patriot Way" too much.

I think the more turmoil at Foxborough the better.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and I mean does Bill Belichick look like a man that holds a grudge.....somebody should trade for Mac for his own safety.

I get that.  I just meant that I thought this was already discussed a while ago about Mac calling bama so it's not really anything new.  Just  "stirring the pot" for the trade rumors with old data from PFT.

21 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think BB is toast. Without Brady and a real chance at a championship players won’t put up with his coaching style. But you’re right that tanking is their best chance at getting there. I also don’t need his successor set up with a FQB. 

Oh I agree, BB is toast.  Especially considering the state of the division and the afc in general.  He should hung it up after the perfect game.  Making the playoffs with that team was an accomplishment.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

You can't buy goods at Wal-Mart and then try to get a refund at Neiman Marcus.

Nordstrom has a notoriously loose return policy 🙂

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I get that.  I just meant that I thought this was already discussed a while ago about Mac calling bama so it's not really anything new.  Just  "stirring the pot" for the trade rumors with old data from PFT.

Still insanely unprofessional - I'd say calling an audible at the LOS would be less unprofessional than calling your ex coaches. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Still insanely unprofessional - I'd say calling an audible at the LOS would be less unprofessional than calling your ex coaches.

To be fair to him, Bill put him in a room with a couple of guys who were like "So we're going to try and figure out how to offense."

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

BB pointing fingers at Mac when he should be pointing fingers at himself.   He drafted the guy, put Stromboli from Pinocchio in charge of the offense and then wonders why Mac is looking for outside help.   Trade him away, go for it.   He is going to get the same result with any QB not named Tom Brady.  Its the only result he has ever gotten with a QB not named Tom Brady.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Problem is Mac Jones acts like he’s Brady. He is average in every possible way. I was never happier than when the Pats took him. That said, what they did to douche Mac was criminal and every other coach in the nfl would have lost their job for if.

The buzz is they want lamar. Belichick has struggled against mobile qbs. Problem is NE’s offense is about as bad as baltimores so I’m not sure it would help lamar. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.