1/22/23 GAMEDAY THREAD Divisional Playoffs Bills vs. Bengals

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, extrahammer said:

Why do I seem so content about this game? Anyone else? 

I'm feeling good, even confident at the moment.  I think the O dials it back enough to get on track and put up 24+.  And I'm liking the notion that we'll be moving our D line around to disrupt what we can only assume will be a quick pass game.  

Cinci is good, we're better today... :beer:

40 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Jesus H Christ…was your coffee a latte?

That @plenzmd1 is a classy individual - probably sipping Lagavulin and eating caviar with Hammer and the gang as we type... 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Dave_Bills said:

I think the key will be getting pressure on Burrow rushing four. If we can do that we will win. If we can’t? Offense needs TD’s and not field goals and can’t have more than one empty possession.

I read that in the KC game this year they did some 3 man rushes.  Its possible they do some of that today as well.  Also last week they played some press man.  That will help on the quick throw/timing stuff

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

We’ll just accept that this is what frazier is going to do, even though everything tells you we should the opposite. No one gets the ball out quicker with success than burrow and their line is banged up. Seems like a good time to bring some heat and jam the revivers. Instead we will rush 4 and play way off the LOS like we always do. Why? Because that’s what frazier does. He does it against teams with bad receivers so now we are playing the team with the best WRs in the league. He’s not changing. 

We need playoff josh to show up, not drunk josh. Can’t turn the ball over and need to get 6 not 3 every drive to match burrow. Do that and we have a shot. 

You’re being over dramatic. So to just have a chance, the Bills need to play another perfect game? And even then that only gives them a chance? The Bills will get stops on them I can guarantee you that. They do need to limit mistakes and turnovers-if they can do that the Bengals have very little chance of winning 

20 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

We’ll just accept that this is what frazier is going to do, even though everything tells you we should the opposite. No one gets the ball out quicker with success than burrow and their line is banged up. Seems like a good time to bring some heat and jam the revivers. Instead we will rush 4 and play way off the LOS like we always do. Why? Because that’s what frazier does. He does it against teams with bad receivers so now we are playing the team with the best WRs in the league. He’s not changing. 

We need playoff josh to show up, not drunk josh. Can’t turn the ball over and need to get 6 not 3 every drive to match burrow. Do that and we have a shot. 

Well if that's Frazier/McD's strategy today, Burrow will carve us up.

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You say that like there's something wrong with coffee.  I drink it a latte.

you like my avatar today Beck? hubba Hubba HUBBA !~!~!!!

haha GO BILLS!~!~!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Bills can win by scoring 27+. Won’t need to be perfect just efficient. 

Or they can win by holding Cincinnati to no more then 17 points.  IMO and given the resources pushed to the Defense by this organization and the fact that the Bengal's are missing 3 starters on the O line AND that the weather conditions won't be great this is the path to victory.

I hope the Offense plays great and boat races the Bengals.  But the Bills decided back in 2020 to follow the Carolina Panthers model - use an elite QB to elevate the offensive talent and plow the majority of the organizations resources into the defense.  Now it's time for that defense to shut down the Bengals and generate TO's.  IMO this game is on them.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Thats not true.  That may be mostly what he does and what people think he always does but in the KC game he did rush 3 at times.  Last week they did play some press man.

14 minutes ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

I hope that Dorsey adjusts his game plan compared to what he brought during the first quarter at the Bengals. The deep shot's need time and is a huge advantage for the Bengals defense. However with all pressure from the Bengals they are so vulnerable to speed on the edge, jet sweep, screen plays and the quarterback roll out draw.

If the weakness's of the Bengals defense is leading to points for Da Bill's I don't care if we call deep pass.  This is about win and that's it. 

50 years of some mafia I love me some buffalo

Go Bills 

Not sure what you were seeing in the Bengal game. I thought the Bills offense looked really good. They mixed up the pass and run. They just stalled when they got into the redzone and settled for a FG. They have to be good in the redzone today.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well if that's Frazier/McD's strategy today, Burrow will carve us up.

I think they attack Cincys Oline.  White and Elam will have to make some plays on the ball.  Cincy uses quick passes and a handful of shot plays.  Vs single high Burrow will throw it outside deep to Chase and Higgins.  

41 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That just means all the other teams have the extra cap room to pay higher salaries too. Players become more expensive as teams bid more with the extra cap room. Really doesn't help in terms of available cap space to sign players when the Bills will be out bid by teams with even greater cap space created by the increase in salary cap.

No that means Josh's contract will be a bargain in comparison to most other teams QB contracts 

34 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

In theory this makes sense and probably works vs our WRs except for Chase. He is excellent at the LOS.  Bills winning with a 4 man rush will be very difficult on the Bengals.  We will need Burrow to have a hero game to have a chance.

24 minutes ago, boyst said:

This dude is pure hating the Bills right now. Pathetically obvious. Pathetically pathetic when a data guy takes a preference and bias with information presented.

100% of this guy can suck a bag of *****. 

Warren Sharp is constantly mocked by both film grinders and analytics nerds. He’s a unifying force in the greater football analysis community.

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Starting the day at urgent care with our four year old. Got my ass here 40 mins early standing at the door in the 25 degree weather. That’s my tailgating for the day

I hope she’s doing better 🙏🏽

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Not sure what you were seeing in the Bengal game. I thought the Bills offense looked really good. They mixed up the pass and run. They just stalled when they got into the redzone and settled for a FG. They have to be good in the redzone today.

It's about our offense talking advantage of their weaknesses and putting up TDS instead of FG. Our offense need TDS to take weight off of our defense, which our offense is absolutely capable of. 

• Like (+1) 1