1/22/23 GAMEDAY THREAD Divisional Playoffs Bills vs. Bengals

Chandler#81

Just woke up a little bit ago.  Didnt sleep well last night.  Nerves are kicking in already.  First time I have really felt that all season with exception of the last Bengals game that was cancelled.  Even then it wasnt this bad.  Stakes are even higher now.  I dont know how you nervous nellies (not meant as an insult) deal with this every week.  I wasnt even worried last week when people were freaking out during the game.

This week is different.  This team is equally as dangerous as we are.  Its a coin flip. I hope we are on the winning side of that coin flip today.  LFG Buffalo.  Get us that W today!  This is the year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Jesus H Christ…was your coffee a latte?

Right?  Real men drink black coffee that they grind by closing their fist tightly around the beans and filter through an old sock, then they swallow the avocado pit whole before their 16 hour shift at the rock quarry where they eat rocks.

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

but their going to lose though, amirite

fitz is awesome!

LFG!!

giphy.gif

Well, I am certainly no fortune teller, but I would think the Bills would have a better chance of winning if Josh is efficient with the football and limits turnovers…👍

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Salary cap is harder to work with next year with Josh's contract. This is the last year in our stack the roster SB window. Let's make it happen will be harder to fill a roster from here on out 

Not really. The cap will be going up exponentially every year for the next 4-5 years due to new TV contracts.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Bills said:

I think the key will be getting pressure on Burrow rushing four. If we can do that we will win. If we can’t? Offense needs TD’s and not field goals and can’t have more than one empty possession.

The thing that really hurt us in the Miami game was the starting field position after the turnovers and the defensive touchdown. We need to make the Bengals drive the whole field.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not really. The cap will be going up exponentially every year for the next 4-5 years due to new TV contracts.

Beane seems like a wizard w/ the cap, too.  I'm not too worried about being able to maintain contender-caliber rosters.

There may be a down year here or there, but I think the window is wide open as long as JA is QB. 

1 hour ago, finn said:

I feel confident about this game. I think the Bills will win, I'm only worried about one player: Dean Marlowe. He's the wildcard. I just hope the rest of the defense can make up for his play. (Yes, he intercepted a pass last week, but he admitted he was out of position and got lucky.) 

Marlowe played against Cinci earlier this year when he was with Atlanta.  PFF grade of 64.7 on 15 snaps.  Rest of the Falcon's secondary that day was trashed by Burrow for 60, 32, & 41 yard TD's.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

Beane seems like a wizard w/ the cap, too.  I'm not too worried about being able to maintain contender-caliber rosters.

There may be a down year here or there, but I think the window is wide open as long as JA is QB. 

I agree that having Josh allows the window to be open longer…But Beane will need to start hitting on some high end talent in the draft more frequently….Can’t think of one game changing player he has drafted since Josh…

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That just means all the other teams have the extra cap room to pay higher salaries too. Players become more expensive as teams bid more with the extra cap room. Really doesn't help in terms of available cap space to sign players when the Bills will be out bid by teams with even greater cap space created by the increase in salary cap.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Marlowe played against Cinci earlier this year when he was with Atlanta.  PFF grade of 64.7 on 15 snaps.  Rest of the Falcon's secondary that day was trashed by Burrow for 60, 32, & 41 yard TD's.

Marlowe more than makes up for his lack of elite athletic traits by being technically sound. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

With Cincy having an injured oline that would be epically dumb. 

We’ll just accept that this is what frazier is going to do, even though everything tells you we should the opposite. No one gets the ball out quicker with success than burrow and their line is banged up. Seems like a good time to bring some heat and jam the revivers. Instead we will rush 4 and play way off the LOS like we always do. Why? Because that’s what frazier does. He does it against teams with bad receivers so now we are playing the team with the best WRs in the league. He’s not changing. 

We need playoff josh to show up, not drunk josh. Can’t turn the ball over and need to get 6 not 3 every drive to match burrow. Do that and we have a shot. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I agree that having Josh allows the window to be open longer…But Beane will need to start hitting on some high end talent in the draft more frequently….Can’t think of one game changing player he has drafted since Josh…

James Cook has shown flashes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mark92 said:

Fandual has the parlay of Bengals win and 49ers win at +500 👀.  Vegas fully on board and doubling down on the Bills winning this game.  

You can get even better odds taking bengals ML and 49ers to cover the spread. 49ers only at -3.5 is free money. The general public betting the cowboys down to +3.5 is hilarious. If you want free money go take the Niners to cover. Honestly they’re going to roll the cowboys by maybe 2 TDs. Of course I’m biased here as I put a really healthy amount on the Niners to win the SB a few months ago after lance got injured. 

I hope that Dorsey adjusts his game plan compared to what he brought during the first quarter at the Bengals. The deep shot's need time and is a huge advantage for the Bengals defense. However with all pressure from the Bengals they are so vulnerable to speed on the edge, jet sweep, screen plays and the quarterback roll out draw.

If the weakness's of the Bengals defense is leading to points for Da Bill's I don't care if we call deep pass.  This is about win and that's it. 

50 years of some mafia I love me some buffalo

Go Bills 

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Probably worth a small bet but I’d be thrilled to lose it with a Bills win 

I usually feel like I have a good grasp on how a game should play out.  Vegas has been all over a Buffalo victory since the Miami game ended.  I personally feel like this game is a toss up but Vegas is saying Bills by 6.  

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This dude is pure hating the Bills right now. Pathetically obvious. Pathetically pathetic when a data guy takes a preference and bias with information presented.

100% of this guy can suck a bag of *****. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

I hope that Dorsey adjusts his game plan compared to what he brought during the first quarter at the Bengals. The deep shot's need time and is a huge advantage for the Bengals defense. However with all pressure from the Bengals they are so vulnerable to speed on the edge, jet sweep, screen plays and the quarterback roll out draw.

If the weakness's of the Bengals defense is leading to points for Da Bill's I don't care if we call deep pass.  This is about win and that's it. 

50 years of some mafia I love me some buffalo

Go Bills 

I expect Dorsey will have a solid game plan. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Best Williams Available said:

The table is set for this team to be AFC Champs now. Have not played a perfect game all season (since Pats playoff game). They’re capable. Hoping today is the day for that. Go Bills!

Bills can win by scoring 27+. Won’t need to be perfect just efficient. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

Today is my youngest sons second birthday. He just opened his gifts and got a Bills football. He’s now running around the house with it and saying “buff-a-wo” over and over. 

Bills by a billion. 

Take pics! Priceless memories right there. Iconic. OUR gift will be the BIG DUB later this afternoon

GO BILLS!~!~!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Just woke up a little bit ago.  Didnt sleep well last night.  Nerves are kicking in already.  First time I have really felt that all season with exception of the last Bengals game that was cancelled.  Even then it wasnt this bad.  Stakes are even higher now.  I dont know how you nervous nellies (not meant as an insult) deal with this every week.  I wasnt even worried last week when people were freaking out during the game.

This week is different.  This team is equally as dangerous as we are.  Its a coin flip. I hope we are on the winning side of that coin flip today.  LFG Buffalo.  Get us that W today!  This is the year.

Goes without saying I'm nervous. With all that has happened this year I can't fathom the end being today. That would suck so bad to put it mildly. I'm not ready to talk about team needs, coaches, trades, and draft choices. 

It's fate, destiny, or whatever you wanna call it. The Bills are going to win this f....ing game! 

• Like (+1) 2