1/22/23 GAMEDAY THREAD Divisional Playoffs Bills vs. Bengals

Chandler#81

36 minutes ago, Punch said:

Warren Sharp is constantly mocked by both film grinders and analytics nerds. He’s a unifying force in the greater football analysis community.

Is he really?  In past years, I've appreciated his web site "Sharp Football Stats" although he isn't keeping it up this season.

I'd mock him for his absurd Conspiracy Theory take about the NFL selling neutral site tickets - as though the Bengals, KC, and Buffalo weren't also selling Championship game tickets.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm fan enough to soak up all the footage, but this guy Brasky is just making up words to match with it when he tweets it out.

Is it just me, or does he set off the metal detector and just keep going while the security guards go on about their business?

40 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Everyone is talking allen turnovers turnovers turnovers… 

It's the single biggest factor in the game. Josh played excellent last week but the game was close because of short fields and a defensive TD. 

He doesn't turn it over today and Cincinnati is in for a long ride.

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Is he really?  In past years, I've appreciated his web site "Sharp Football Stats" although he isn't keeping it up this season.

I'd mock him for his absurd Conspiracy Theory take about the NFL selling neutral site tickets - as though the Bengals, KC, and Buffalo weren't also selling Championship game tickets.

I did too a few years ago but I’ve noticed the tide turn against him this year. There were always critics of him but it now seems  most reactions are overwhelmingly negative.

Probably not a big loss for you guys today but looks like Brady has an interview in NJ at 3:30.  Unless Josh goes with him as a sign of support.  One game is not bigger than a lifelong friendship and a man's career.  I'd respect that.

😏

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That just means all the other teams have the extra cap room to pay higher salaries too. Players become more expensive as teams bid more with the extra cap room. Really doesn't help in terms of available cap space to sign players when the Bills will be out bid by teams with even greater cap space created by the increase in salary cap.

That’s not the correct way to think about cap numbers. Realize that while all other costs are increasing, Allen’s cost is stable. So Allen’s cost has relatively decreased. 

Let’s say Allen has a cap hit of $40 million, and the cap is $200 million.  He’s taking 20% of cap, and that leaves 80% for the rest of the team. 

But if cap goes up to $300 million, and Allen hit stays the same (that’s the key component of the analysis), then it’s 13% of total, leaving 87% for the rest of the team. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Is this the actual Bills locker room or some kind of "NFL Experience" thing?  The pants look ridiculously short and I thought the Bills lockers had a different configuration.

Its the locker room.  Pants only go a little past the knees.

44 minutes ago, Punch said:

Warren Sharp is constantly mocked by both film grinders and analytics nerds. He’s a unifying force in the greater football analysis community.

He’s worn on me too. To be fair I think his business is built around actionable data for betting which is not something I care about. His editorializing on Twitter has been really bad though.

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm fan enough to soak up all the footage, but this guy Brasky is just making up words to match with it when he tweets it out.

Is it just me, or does he set off the metal detector and just keep going while the security guards go on about their business?

I thought that tweet was stupid too - not sure what his point was supposed to be

25 minutes ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

It's about our offense talking advantage of their weaknesses and putting up TDS instead of FG. Our offense need TDS to take weight off of our defense, which our offense is absolutely capable of. 

I get that and I agree. 

50 minutes ago, Punch said:

Sharp spouts numbers but doesn’t understand them. 

In one of his other posts, he was arguing that Cheffers the ref was biased toward Bills since Bills were 2-0 in games he officiated this year. But Bills are 14-3 this year. To determine if 2-0 is different than 14-3 you use a 2x2 contingency table and Fishers exact test. 

2-0 is not different than 14-3. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Probably not a big loss for you guys today but looks like Brady has an interview in NJ at 3:30.  Unless Josh goes with him as a sign of support.  One game is not bigger than a lifelong friendship and a man's career.  I'd respect that.

😏

What does your post mean? I’ve read it 3 times and it makes no sense. The jets interest in Brady has been known for weeks btw 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

It's Monday morning down here in New Zealand, and guess who just called in a "sicky" in order watch the game live on TV?

Let's go Buffalo!!!

Smart move!  We honeymooned in NZ and had an amazing time there!  Go Bills! LFG!

• Like (+1) 1