We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Drew21PA said:

Gotta say

i love how Bengals fans and media are using last years playoff success as a measuring stick for burrow

gane 1 against the raiders - Whoopi!!!! 

game two against a SHOT tennessee titans team - yes they were the 1 seed but everyone knew they werent the big boys

then KC after our emotional thriller

idk. I don’t give them much credit for it - maybe I am under estimating.

I don’t find their 9 game win streak impressive at all

I don’t see their playoff run impressive 

and I do see they are REALLY lucky and have been all year

so whatever 

Cinci is a good team.

They remind me of our Bills... elite QB, and some stars on offense and defense, but a few holes too.

They probably have a chip on their shoulder based on the fact that they represented the AFC last season and all anyone could say is that it should have been the Bills.

After the offseason all the prognosticators were saying it was going to be the Bills and KC with the Bills going to the SB.

They were treated like their run last season was an anomaly.

Should be a very competitive game, but I am expecting another down to the wire nail biter.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Not going to argue with you there as far as his offensive mind.  Makes me wish McD was more of an offensive-minded coach. With Frazier, not much need for McD to get involved with the Defense.  

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Oh same here drove me insane…

The most frustrating part? They never even worked.

Same thing with the 13 Second debacle last year

At least he won a challenge 😄.

I'll never get over Diggs' reaction here, lmao.

• Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

Listening to the radio here in San Diego, and the gents were talking about the game this weekend.

Kept bringing up Josh Allen is a turn over machine and this past week he did this and that...  anyways..

It made me think, how come when the media heads talk about the Bills offense they are not bringing up that it is an Offense being lead by a FIRST TIME OC?  and maybe, just maybe, the offense is misfiring at times due to design vs defenses, vs timing of play calls etc..  but nope.

I remember plain as day, when the Steelers had a new OC and roethlisberger was struggling, they pointed it more towards the OC and not the QB.  

another post, I read that media heads will hold onto their initial evaluation of Josh from when he was drafted and any time Josh does something negative, they act like the last 3 years the Bills haven't been a top team with Josh leading it.  

And isn't it funny how they don't call Lawrence a "turnover machine" in spite of his throwing four bad INT's in the first half last week? And if Allen is a "turnover machine" what does that-make Dak Prescott given all the INT's he's thrown in 5 fewer games then Allen?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

I keep thinking about how aggressive the offense was against Miami and thinking that they are just getting warmed up. Josh is going to be slinging the rock a lot against Cincy and continue to aggressively take those deep shots. Miami was just a test run for what to expect later.

I actually hope we were on the ball get up on Cincinnati and then start grinding out the clock

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Strange, isn't it. Once these talking heads get a narrative in their heads, they look for all else to support that narrative. It's really just basic confirmation bias. It's nothing new. Here is Francis Bacon writing in 1620:

I think my favorite narrative this season was against the pats. We had 2 kick offs returned for TDs and Allen only had 250ish yards and turnovers.

That's two offensive drives they didn't have because of special teams TDs but he was mocked for it for the reason of "I must make fun of Josh Allen".

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Flawed logic here. The Bengals aren't the Bills. Plus, the Bengals have vast experience playing with a poor oline. Sure it's not an ideal or great situation. The Bengals went to the Super Bowl with a terrible Oline. Lastly, the Bills just played a Miami team that had practice squad players on their Oline. The Dolphins oline might be worse than the Bengals current Oline. The Bills Dline was somewhat disappointing vs Miami. They have to play better be Cinci. 

Whatever meds you’ve been taking- take more. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Gotta say

i love how Bengals fans and media are using last years playoff success as a measuring stick for burrow

gane 1 against the raiders - Whoopi!!!! 

game two against a SHOT tennessee titans team - yes they were the 1 seed but everyone knew they werent the big boys

then KC after our emotional thriller

idk. I don’t give them much credit for it - maybe I am under estimating.

I don’t find their 9 game win streak impressive at all

I don’t see their playoff run impressive 

and I do see they are REALLY lucky and have been all year

so whatever 

They won the f*cking SUPER BOWL. Give credit where credit is due. Cmon!

• Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Flawed logic here. The Bengals aren't the Bills. Plus, the Bengals have vast experience playing with a poor oline. Sure it's not an ideal or great situation. The Bengals went to the Super Bowl with a terrible Oline. Lastly, the Bills just played a Miami team that had practice squad players on their Oline. The Dolphins oline might be worse than the Bengals current Oline. The Bills Dline was somewhat disappointing vs Miami. They have to play better be Cinci. 

The bengals oline last year is an all pro squad compared to what they’ll likely have Sunday.  Not saying they won’t find a way to gut out a win but come on now lol  

also Miami had two great offensive linemen Connor Williams and terron armstead.  If you’ve got a few guys that you know can reliably hold up in one on one matchups it gets a lot easier to gameplan around having a couple bad players.  

cincy will have one mediocre olinemen and then the rest are bad. 

Miami keeps a ton of extra guys in to block too…they run heavier packages than cincy.  If cincy wants to do the same to help their oline out  they will have to sacrifice some routes from skill position players.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And isn't it funny how they don't call Lawrence a "turnover machine" in spite of his throwing four bad INT's in the first half last week? And if Allen is a "turnover machine" what does that-make Dak Prescott given all the INT's he's thrown in 5 fewer games then Allen?

and Burrow and Mahomes who threw 2 less than Allen in the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think my favorite narrative this season was against the pats. We had 2 kick offs returned for TDs and Allen only had 250ish yards and turnovers.

That's two offensive drives they didn't have because of special teams TDs but he was mocked for it for the reason of "I must make fun of Josh Allen".

Throw in another possession lost on the NE punt in the 4th quarter when it touched Taiwan Jones(?) and NE recovered.

And Gabe dropping a perfectly thrown 49 yard td pass in the 4th quarter.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

22 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

and Burrow and Mahomes who threw 2 less than Allen in the regular season.

My favorite for this week has been how since burrow didn’t play a great game this past week they’ve been referencing all of last years postseason(which was honestly quite pedestrian) as an argument for him going forward. But I’ve not see one person bring up Allen’s historic 2 game run from last season. Every show is “how many more to’s will Allen have this week?” 

It’s honestly baffling. Watching the tv today one would have thought the Bills were a 9-8 Cinderella 7 seed as opposed to a 14-3 team coming into the week on a freaking 8 game win streak. How do the Bills even stand a chance against Burrow and his 7 tds in 5 playoff games!!!??? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snamsnoops said:

He's digital!

Im glad someone got the joke.  Not that it was a good one but hey, I tried 😃

And with that said this is my 15k post and I just made all pro.  Too bad it wasnt a better post for it =(

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Burrow & Mahomes get so much more respect than Josh.

JA was perfect in the playoffs last year.  9 TD's, no picks.  One of the best, most clutch games a QB has had in the playoffs.

But he is getting so disrespected this week - by pundits, by opposing fans.  It's a little frustrating to see & read it all as a fan, but I have a feeling he's going to have one of those "sssssshhhhh" games on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

They won the f*cking SUPER BOWL. Give credit where credit is due. Cmon!

Go ahead and abandon this account, create a new one, and freely mock your old post.

No one will judge you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I don't understand how everyone seems to think Cincy wins the game but yet the point spread keeps moving the other way 

Smart money has been on the bills. Like it was the first matchup in Cinci. There is nothing smart about the clowns on ESPN, or the general betting public.

• Like (+1) 2

Lamar had 13 INTs in 11 games last year...and everyone was calling for him to be MVP. 

The Chiefs lost two games this year with Mahomes throwing game ending picks with a chance to win. He single handedly cost them the AFCCG last year when he turned into Nathan Peterman at halftime.

I've been plenty critical of Allen but the talk this week re him and the Bills is out of control.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Media hype is pointless. 

Don't feed the troll.

@SUNY_amherst only purpose here is to be as negative as possible about the Bills.

He and @Airseven are the resident "Get Off My Lawn" trolls that have nothing good to say about the Bills and only try to rile up posters.

Just put them on ignore, your experience will be much more pleasant.

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Lamar had 13 INTs in 11 games last year...and everyone was calling for him to be MVP. 

The Chiefs lost two games this year with Mahomes throwing game ending picks with a chance to win. He single handedly cost them the AFCCG last year when he turned into Nathan Peterman at halftime.

I've been plenty critical of Allen but the talk this week re him and the Bills is out of control.

I don't know of a single person who was calling for Lamar to be MVP

• Agree 4

18 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

yeah the Bills who have been media darlings all year and are getting an undeserved home divisional game get no respect, it’s totally unfair

Awww ... pumpkin.  I just want to pinch your cheeks and eat your FACE!!! :wub:

• Haha (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Process said:

And in besides the game ending INT; he also threw a red zone INT that Elam pick off in the endzone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rockinon said:

I keep thinking about how aggressive the offense was against Miami and thinking that they are just getting warmed up. Josh is going to be slinging the rock a lot against Cincy and continue to aggressively take those deep shots. Miami was just a test run for what to expect later.

This is why I wanted Miami, and said so in the poll.

The Bills secondary needed reps against a great WR group, to get one more look at that level of speed.

And on offense? Had to go up against a solid defensive line with corners jammed in their faces.

Cincinnati can sit in their zone, but find Eli Apple and go at him all game. That’s who the Rams went after in the Super Bowl.

I think we’re kind of in the same spot as them on the offensive line. Our RT has to play better. He can’t get beaten as routinely as he has been. If he could keep it down to 3-4 pressures, instead of 6. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Success said:

Burrow & Mahomes get so much more respect than Josh.

JA was perfect in the playoffs last year.  9 TD's, no picks.  One of the best, most clutch games a QB has had in the playoffs.

But he is getting so disrespected this week - by pundits, by opposing fans.  It's a little frustrating to see & read it all as a fan, but I have a feeling he's going to have one of those "sssssshhhhh" games on Sunday.

Yeah, the Josh Allen diss is in overdrive this week from the pundits to even some fans here.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Process said:

I think a lot of it is we came into the season as a favorite so we’re not as fun of a team to talk about for these analyst people 

Considering we had no major injuries last week, and we won, it was probably better to not have the bye. No chance to get rusty, and got some looks against speedy WR and a good pass rush.

It would have been nice to face the lower seed in the divisional though…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Can't recall the last game where all the money was coming in on one team while the national media seemed to be all on the side of the other team. The line continues to move towards the Bills from 4 , to 4.5 to 5 and now 5.5. But every talking head seems to like the Bengals this week. 

At this point all these talking heads in ESPN, Fox ect. are all morons and are just repeating what they are told by whoever writes their scripts.