We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

This is somewhat surprising.

I don't think our Bills "D" is bad, but it is missing some pieces and I did think a few would be ranked higher Esp. Eagles.

Probably has more to do with how forensically we watch our own team and know our warts.

Like 3rd and forever.... here comes the 30 yrd completion :)

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Oh, and also anyone who has been a fan of this team for at least within the last 40 years or so will always feel this way. 

Yep… best to keep humble for now and hope the team does their thing… then we waive the Dolphins back home!

The PTSD runs deep.
We’re expected to dominate..  It would be a baaaaad day if we somehow lost. The Billsiest of all Billsy. 

14 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

This is truly amazing!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

You still gotta be ready and prepared.  Last week Baltimore used a 3rd string QB no one ever heard of and rested some offensive players.. Cincinnati needed it and played the game for real.  The Ravens still outgained the Bengals 386 to 257.   Balt had four turnovers and only lost by 11.

It's just a caution to beware and play the game with the intensity of everything on the line.  

I don't think Balt wins with or without Lamar. Without him I give them almost no shot. 

23 minutes ago, WideNine said:

This is somewhat surprising.

I don't think our Bills "D" is bad, but it is missing some pieces and I did think a few would be ranked higher Esp. Eagles.

Probably has more to do with how forensically we watch our own team and know our warts.

Like 3rd and forever.... here comes the 30 yrd completion :)

The Bills get a LOT of TFLs. Like a TON compared to most other teams. 

They lead the NFL in stuff percentage on D(runs that go for no gain or negative yards) at 25%. So basically one out of every 4 runs gets nothing or loses yards against the Bills.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4

Just a random thought - The best thing about the announcement that Tua will not play is that we are spared a week's worth of incessent whining about the the great Miami offense and weapons and the Bills inability to contain them, and the constant ball washing of Mike McDaniel, Boy Genius coming from the national media and the self loathing Bills fans around here.  Perhaps we can all just relax and enjoy the butt whipping to come.  There will be plenty of time come Sunday night to twist our collective panties into a knot over the juggernaut known as the Bengals.  

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Marijuana is a gateway drug for PCP.  They contain the same chemicals except PCP has chili powder.  That’s what the CP in “PCP” stands for.  I don’t know what the P stands for.

God I hate you. 

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I absolutely LOVE recipe threads!!! 

Why not, this thread's gone everywhere else...

Lil grilled Mahi Taco perhaps?  Buffalo hot sauce w a pickled celery slaw and some BC on top. 🌮

:beer: 

4 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Why not, this thread's gone everywhere else...

Lil grilled Mahi Taco perhaps?  Buffalo hot sauce w a pickled celery slaw and some BC on top. 🌮

:beer: 

Tacos are one of my favorite food groups! About to have the related nachos for a college hoops game time snack. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, balln said:

Im wondering if he just needed a micro diskectomy / decompression. Would be rare and very lucky. No way he plays if fused or had a disk replacement. 

only thing that makes sense is simple decompression / like you see all the time in lumbar spine

I was thinking the same thing.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ditali pasta + Progresso Lentil soup (only use the lentils, not the broth) + lots of Penorino Romano cheese + salt, pepper, crushed red.  Thank me later 

I’ll thank you now. Progresso has the best soups, especially the minestrone.

My wife makes a good middle eastern lentil soup with a name I could not begin to spell.  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

Totally off topic, but just had to vent a bit. When the term "pick 6" first came out, it drove me nuts. I couldn't tell you why, it was just one of those things that sounded stupid to me. Now I'm used to it and whatever. But now I see lots of people on Twitter refer to touchdowns as "tuddys", and that feeling is back

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Totally off topic, but just had to vent a bit. When the term "pick 6" first came out, it drove me nuts. I couldn't tell you why, it was just one of those things that sounded stupid to me. Now I'm used to it and whatever. But now I see lots of people on Twitter refer to touchdowns as "tuddys", and that feeling is back

What are your thoughts on “celly” for TD celebrations 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I hate the term "pick 6". I never call it that.

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You have to draw the line somewhere! I think we have found that spot! 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

The Bills get a LOT of TFLs. Like a TON compared to most other teams. 

They lead the NFL in stuff percentage on D(runs that go for no gain or negative yards) at 25%. So basically one out of every 4 runs gets nothing or loses yards against the Bills.

Yea they give up some yards in the rushing game but they make some huge tackles behind the line especially on short yardage situations.  

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Well...fans that use that jargon are "Fannies."

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Steptide said:

My favorite tuddy is a thick six.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, muppy said:

or maybe just lingering effects of those things and not sufficiently well enough to play. I hope one of our resident Dr's will chime in with some thoughts as to what that actually means

I have no idea what McDaniel means by "compounding variables" and "no setbacks", so I don't think anyone could begin to guess.

In the Tua thread I posted a couple links about Kevin Kolb.  Kolb suffered a couple of concussions with Philly and with AZ that looked like nothing much, pretty routine, but kept him out for weeks.  Then he reportedly suffered a concussion with the Bills in preseason that took him 8 MONTHS to recover from and has caused him lasting effects including ringing in his ears, light sensitivity causing headaches, and short-term memory loss.

It's entirely possible that Tua is suffering similar lingering effects.

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I have no idea what McDaniel means by "compounding variables" and "no setbacks", so I don't think anyone could begin to guess.

In the Tua thread I posted a couple links about Kevin Kolb.  Kolb suffered a couple of concussions with Philly and with AZ that looked like nothing much, pretty routine, but kept him out for weeks.  Then he reportedly suffered a concussion with the Bills in preseason that took him 8 MONTHS to recover from and has caused him lasting effects including ringing in his ears, light sensitivity causing headaches, and short-term memory loss.

It's entirely possible that Tua is suffering similar lingering effects.

Idk how they start him potentially missing three starting offensive linemen either.  Even if he has no more lingering concussion effects, the reinjury risk is pretty high 

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I’ll take a guess…I watched his press conference and I took it as his way of being vague about multiple, very concerning symptoms.  McDaniel spoke about concern for Tua “as a human being” which suggests to me he’s concerned about Tua’s welfare and not even thinking in terms of his ability to play football. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.