Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e8e58f1bfa6e746b411c5da63a7b33b0.jpegAnother classless punk. I hope he loses or gets fired off his stupid show

I'm not going to defend Skip Bayless ever. But this played a big part in how long it took the NFL to cancel the game.

1. There isn't really protocol for a player ending up in critical condition on MNF. 

2. This isn't hockey where you can just fit a game in at the end of a back to back.

3. This is a CRUCIAL game with major playoff implications. It cannot be called a tie or forfeited. 

4. It cannot just be moved to tomorrow because we do not know what is going to happen with Hamlin. 

5. To move the NFL season back one week is a logistical nightmare beyond anything you can imagine. 

6. It's too late in the season to just fit a game into a bye week. 

So what do you do? This is a black swan event. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Can you imagine what it's like for them? They're not news broadcasters who are trained to be solemn and serious but keep the programme flowing. None of them want to be there, doing this, right now.

Agreed. I think they’ve done an admirable job and we’re the first to suggest the league suspend the game.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

This is what I think is most likely.  A heart rhythm problem could be due to a fairly common valvular problem in athletes.  A brain aneurysm that ruptured would also be preexisting but undiagnosed which is usually the case.   brain aneurysms aren't commonly screened for..

I am absolutely no doctor but it looks and sounds like commotio cordis which there’s a few examples of in the sports world 

I hope its not this:

Commotio cordis most commonly results from an impact to the left chest with a hardball (e.g., a baseball) during sports activity. The sudden focal distortion of the myocardium results in ventricular fibrillation, causing sudden cardiac arrest in an otherwise structurally normal heart.

24 minutes ago, NoName said:

This is from 2020,  i'm not sure this is still active.  

Prayers up for Demar Hamlin. I pray he comes out okay.  

Yeah, idk. Only thing I could find in response to another poster asking in the game thread. Chasing Ms is still his company, I believe.

2 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I hope its not this:

Commotio cordis most commonly results from an impact to the left chest with a hardball (e.g., a baseball) during sports activity. The sudden focal distortion of the myocardium results in ventricular fibrillation, causing sudden cardiac arrest in an otherwise structurally normal heart.

Same because it seems most likely.  He has an 80% chance of survival if they got a defib on him within 2 minutes. 

All we need is hope. I just want hope he's ok 

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e8e58f1bfa6e746b411c5da63a7b33b0.jpegAnother classless punk. I hope he loses or gets fired off his stupid show

Rather than wait for the NFL to do something rational and humane, perhaps the Bills and Bengals should agree to settle the outcome by coin toss. Simple, fair, and would have the fringe benefit of quieting people like Skip who can be counted on to spout nonsense under any circumstance. 

3 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I'm not going to defend Skip Bayless ever. But this played a big part in how long it took the NFL to cancel the game.

1. There isn't really protocol for a player ending up in critical condition on MNF. 

2. This isn't hockey where you can just fit a game in at the end of a back to back.

3. This is a CRUCIAL game with major playoff implications. It cannot be called a tie or forfeited. 

4. It cannot just be moved to tomorrow because we do not know what is going to happen with Hamlin. 

5. To move the NFL season back one week is a logistical nightmare beyond anything you can imagine. 

Nah.  You can handle this anyway you want.  This isn't mathematics or physics, where you can't break the rule.

There are MANY ways this could play out.

The honorable and easy thing would be for both teams to take a loss as a mutual forfeit.

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

WGR550 reports DH intubated, in critical condition at UC hospital.

If he can’t breathe on his own, he needs to be intubated and on a respirator, which means his condition needs a critical status.

I have been there at a loved one’s side, respiratory arrest, tube down her throat, on a ventilator.  

The next afternoon she was extubated and breathing on her own.

Pray for a like outcome for Damar Hamlin

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Skip Bayless getting roasted on Twitter. Hea an attention seeking *****. *****head. 

I honestly think he’s saying what many are- it’s a huge game, but it doesn’t matter in comparison 

it read clumsy but I genuinely think he was trying to say the right thing.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

If it's true that the NFL wanted to resume play after a 5 minute break then McDermitt & Taylor having balked at that may have saved the NFL.

IMO the only path froward is to call it a non contest and the Bills/Bengals would only play 16 games. They would use winning percentage to figure out playoff seedings. KC would get the #1 seed with a win next week while the Bills/Bengals would get the #2 & #3 seeds respectively if they win out. The Bengals would still win their division by beating Baltimore. I see no other solution and while it potentially hurts the Bills & Bengals a bit it pales in comparison to what happened tonight.

Should the Bills/Bengals play each other in the playoffs the game would be played on a neutral field.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I am absolutely no doctor but it looks and sounds like commotio cordis which there’s a few examples of in the sports world 

it may be but I didn't see a hit like that.  Either way, lack of spontaneous breathing suggests brainstem injury either as a result of the rhythm problem or the underlying cause of his collapse.  Again, there are other possibilities.

3 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Yeah, the timing and circumstance of this is as complicated as it can be. This isn't a Week 4 game between mediocre teams.

Again, all that matters is Hamlin's health and I pray he's okay, but this was a game with multibillion dollar implications. I'm gutted for Hamlin, his family, and the entire Bills community.

Seeing those guys show emotion like they did really, really hit me. Diggs openly weeping. Allen with his hands to his face. Guys on their knees just praying and praying and praying.

Just an unforgettable experience. I'm gonna be up all night praying for some good news.

• Like (+1) 2

I was worried to see the ambulance, but optimistic that it was a standard precautionary thing we see for neck injuries, that usually turn out to be just caution

Then the camera showed Josh Allen in a panic that you don't see on someone except for on some of the worst days of your life

That will be seared in my brain forever

Keep fighting like hell Damar

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.