To get #1 seed, homefield and win the SB, it requires an 11 game winning streak

zow2

Are these guys up for that?  Dating back to the Browns game at Detroit, the Bills are on a 6 game heater.  Not saying they can't win 5 more in a row (2 regular season, 3 playoffs)  buts it's going to get a lot harder obviously.  

I think the Bills will win at Cincinnati but in the event they don't win,  I'm not putting a wrap on the season.  Buffalo is an excellent road team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I’m giving up on the rest of the season and burning all my Bills gear if we lose on Monday.

If you pay me, I’ll take it off your hands. This way you will not burn yourself or your house. I might also save you from an arson conviction.  I’m just trying to help, being a good guy and all. 

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

If you pay me, I’ll take it off your hands. This way you will not burn yourself or your house. I might also save you from an arson conviction.  I’m just trying to help, being a good guy and all. 

thanks, expect a PM late Monday night perhaps!

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Are these guys up for that?  Dating back to the Browns game at Detroit, the Bills are on a 6 game heater.  Not saying they can't win 5 more in a row (2 regular season, 3 playoffs)  buts it's going to get a lot harder obviously.  

I think the Bills will win at Cincinnati but in the event they don't win,  I'm not putting a wrap on the season.  Buffalo is an excellent road team.

Well considering I was one of the few on the board who thought the Bills could win out in the regular season(based on what other SB winning teams had done from the midpoint of the season onwards), I'd say absolutely.  The bigger the game, the better Allen plays. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes 6+5 still equals 11. . One way it wouldn't require an 11 win streak, beat the Bengals and KC loses to the Broncos. Now before you say that can't happen, the Broncos nearly came back from down 27-0 two weeks ago against KC. The defense picked off Mahomes 3 times in the game.

Given the beatdown the Rams put on the Broncos I think it's safe to say the Broncos have "checked out" on the 2022 season. Even their defense didn't put up a fight. KC is not losing to the Broncos, and they aren't losing to the Carr-less Raiders either. I hope they do. I want to be wrong, but I doubt it. KC will blowout the Broncos this Sunday. Probably something like 38-14.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Given the beatdown the Rams put on the Broncos I think it's safe to say the Broncos have "checked out" on the 2022 season. Even their defense didn't put up a fight. KC is not losing to the Broncos, and they aren't losing to the Carr-less Raiders either. I hope they do. I want to be wrong, but I doubt it. KC will blowout the Broncos this Sunday. Probably something like 38-14.

Teams often check back in the week after an HC is fired. Has happened countless times in NFL history.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I agree although my wishful thinking is that Hackett was the only issue and the Broncos look like the team people thought they'd be before the season and they beat KC in a thriller.

Anyway back to reality, if we get the 1 seed, it was incredibly earned

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If say you’re probably right, but Denver did just fire HACKett.  First game without him. Crazier things have happened 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

I would've probably agree with you had the Broncos not fired Hackett. I think that changes the attitude of the players going into this game. Hackett was a disaster as a HC. Players will want to put good play on film these last 2 weeks for the new coach to see. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's an uphill climb for the Broncos, but the defense gave Mahomes fits at times 2 weeks ago and good defense travels.

• Like (+1) 2

A Lombardi this year would be so incredible because this team and community has been through so much this year. The Tops shooting, the 2 crazy winter storms, the worst injury plagued season I can remember, 3 games in 12 days, one game moved, players being stuck in Chicago on Christmas eve and Christmas day. People all around not being able to be with their loved ones for the holidays. A Lombardi would be so great for this team, city and wny community after everything the team and people in wny have dealt with. This one would mean a lot

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes 6+5 still equals 11. . One way it wouldn't require an 11 win streak, beat the Bengals and KC loses to the Broncos. Now before you say that can't happen, the Broncos nearly came back from down 27-0 two weeks ago against KC. The defense picked off Mahomes 3 times in the game.

23 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Just think of Saturday.... as in Jeff

Colts fired their coach, won the next game.  Many times when a team fired their head coach, they play better, particularly the first game or so, Carolina has been playing better of late.  Could be very true in Denver as from everything that's been written, Hackett was a real mess.  

Have to say, read a couple articles about Hackett being fired, but don't recall reading at all who is interim head coach??

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Are these guys up for that?  .

One game at a time. Don't look back or too far ahead. 

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Have to say, read a couple articles about Hackett being fired, but don't recall reading at all who is interim head coach??

They should just prop up a full sized cut out of Mike Shanahan on the side lines and won't do any worse than they have been

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

KC could lose. So could Cincy.

Plus Cincy is on a longer streak than Buffalo is (7 games), so it's even more daunting for them.

But the Chiefs have just been toying with teams, taking it easy and going through the motions until the playoffs roll around. Then they’ll turn it up a notch. The Bills have been struggling and Allen has regressed to his 2019 form. I heard it on sportsball talk shows so it must be true! 

18 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

A Lombardi this year would be so incredible because this team and community has been through so much this year. The Tops shooting, the 2 crazy winter storms, the worst injury plagued season I can remember, 3 games in 12 days, one game moved, players being stuck in Chicago on Christmas eve and Christmas day. People all around not being able to be with their loved ones for the holidays. A Lombardi would be so great for this team, city and wny community after everything the team and people in wny have dealt with. This one would mean a lot

Not to forget that a very visible Team owner is down with some health issues. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I would love the 11 game win streak.  I almost prefer it over KC losing to Denver and then the Bills (who of course will beat Cincy) would then be in the position of debating whether to keep the star players out.

Right now everything is possible- SB winners, 11 game win streak, undisputed best team of 22-23, Josh MVP.  That happens and the Bills will be the front runners for a 2023 repeat.

The thing that I like is that this team has not fired on all cylinders for 4 quarters in a game in a LONG TIME.

Remember back when we were the "team that doesn't punt?" 

Yeah, that hasn't been true for a LONG TIME.

If, at any time rolling forward, we keep winning one way or the other, but then find a way to make it all hum and sing again, we ABSOLUTELY can go on that long win streak.  Absolutely!

We are riding a 6 game win streak playing very patchy, sloppy, misfiring type football now and again...but we have the talent depth to find ways to win.

This currently sits at 7.  The longest win streak in bills history is 8.  In order for bills to keep the 1 seed they need to win out.  Then they need to win 3 games to win the superbowl.  Can this team accomplish another 5 wins in a row and win the super bowl?  I think they can if they beat the bengals on monday night.  That means they have patriots at home and then homefield thru out playoffs.  LETS GO BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.