TUA in Concussion Protocol Again!

wppete

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

So what the penalty for this?

So now Tua has an excuse for the INTs... good keep the fools gold in Miami for another year.

There needs to be a huge fine , suspension and forfeiture of draft capital!

The player and the organization clearly have a pattern of hiding game ending injuries against the safety protocols installed by the league because of said player.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, pigpen65 said:

Cleary Miami's "system" needs to be investigated by a third party at this point. This is unacceptable.

This is THE player the league has instituted new scrutiny over 

Oh I don’t know…..you think the team that he plays for would be paying extra attention to him.  Especially him. 

THEY DON’T CARE

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I didn't see him hit his head at all in the game... I wonder if this is an emotional concussion.

I mentioned that tweet in another thread yesterday. You can clearly see his head bounce off the ground. I'm surprised they don't have people, you know, looking out for this stuff, especially with a player with a history of concussions.

Well if he can't go next game you'd have to think they're screwed. Despite his troubles recently their offense was even worse without him in there, and that was before defenses had caught up to what they're doing

• Agree 2

Poor guy.  That sucks.  You can probably blame Miami for not identifying that first one and letting him play and getting the second.

If this is indeed true, probably best for his long term health to shut it down this season and see how he fares after a full off season.  Sadly those predictions of a ruined career may prove correct, but best bet is to shut down now and see how next year goes.

I’m no fins fan, but feel sorry for the kid.  Was even becoming a descent rivalry again.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Maybe there could be something to this?

This definitely is it. He smashed his head on the ground hard just like the previous 2 concussions he had this year…. Would be interesting to see if he hit his head again  in this game after that one. …. So sad to see this to a young man. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

There needs to be a huge fine , suspension and forfeiture of draft capital!

The player and the organization clearly have a pattern of hiding game ending injuries against the safety protocols installed by the league because of said player.

Or his PR team came up with an unverifiable way to explain the Pressure Bursting those Pipes for Tua. 

Very irresponsible by the Dolphins staff. You're literally playing with his future on n off the field.. brutal..

At the same time, the independent concussion guy or whatever it's called missed it too. So the whole system failed him

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Damn this feels like it won't end well.  There's a lot of blame to go around here and tua holds some, but I feel bad for him and he will pay the most of it doesn't end well 

The dolphins should send him to a wrestling school. They can focus on how to take a bump without hitting his head to the ground!

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Maybe there could be something to this?

Or, get this. The defender adjusted? 

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

And his coach is still worried about snowballs

This. I got a little snow ball in the back. It almost made a bruise. Jokers. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Damn this feels like it won't end well.  There's a lot of blame to go around here and tua holds some, but I feel bad for him and he will pay the most of it doesn't end well 

The dolphins should send him to a wrestling school. They can focus on how to take a bump without hitting his head to the ground!

Tuck the chin

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Late 2nd quarter. His head smacked against the ground pretty hard

AGAIN

Like with Morse, with each successive concussion the risk becomes more severe. I don’t know what the answer is, but Tua is not big enough or athletic enough to protect himself. I do think there should be some some of penalty for the Dolphins for allowing this to happen repeatedly. I suggest all their draft picks be awarded to the Bills for the back spasm/roasted opponent game when this all began.  Who is with me??? 😋

The Epenesa “hit” was really just a shove, and he wound up concussed. That was about as gentle as professional football can be, and he was broken.  He’s certainly not helping his team tossing multiple ugly picks with his foggy mind. I want the Dolphins to lose, but not like that. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

If he is getting concussed on small hits like this, he should retire.  Guy is just getting dumber and less athletic with every shove. 

Agreed, it appeared that he spun around in the tackle and landed on his back. The fact he played the rest of the game, did a press conference afterwards, 

and then had symptoms today is concerning for his long-term health.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.