TNF- Jaguars @ Jets

T&C

1 minute ago, Process said:

Imagine getting the bye and then getting to play the Jags in the divisional round. Not that far fetched, chargers should get the 5 seed and Jacksonville blew them out earlier in the year, though the chargers will be healthier this time around.

True, but I think Lawrence has gotten a lot better as a NFL QB since then too.. he looks poised and relaxed in there.. not to many dumb passes at least tonight against a better D than the Chargers have. 

3 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Had to decide between Engram and knox in fantasy playoffs. Engram has been hot and worried about weather in Chicago so chose Engram 

Definitely with the weather forecasted for Chicago there’s a very, very, very, very good chance you picked correctly.😂 Engram had a really good game!

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Definitely with the weather forecasted for Chicago there’s a very, very, very, very good chance you picked correctly.😂 Engram had a really good game!

Prob is I still have josh and Diggs so hope the wind is less severe than expected Saturday 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I guess Saleh and Jets won’t be seeing us again this year. Loved his false bravado though a couple weeks ago. 

I was going to say Saleh better get on Ticketmaster so he can buy a chunk of tix to take the team on a field trip to Highmark to see the Bills first playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

Zach Wilson has just regressed to the point where he doesn’t do anything well.

Holds the ball too long, take sacks. Can’t run at all. When he leaves the pocket and throws desperation heaves, they are wounded ducks that don’t make it to the WR.

There doesn’t appear to a play that he can execute.

And on the whole what a flat production. No crowd noise whatsoever, Al Michaels looks like he’s done as an announcer, both teams completely flat. 

40 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Correct, as I said I love Gabe, not hating at all, just giving an honest opinion. I think it's fair to say he's had a few really good games and no so much in the other ones. And that it's time for him to step up with the playoffs approaching. We know Josh and Diggs are going to step up, Gabe's play, offensively speaking, will probably have the biggest impact on how far we go in the playoffs. Imo he's that important.

He’s always been hot and cold. Maybe he becomes more consistent. Maybe not. 

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I thought he was a lock to be a Jet in 2023, but after getting pulled after producing nothing tonight, anything is possible, especially if anyone is willing to give them even a low round pick.  

PS: Looking more like JP Losman every game.  

LOL:

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Fitz and Sherm buried Zach Wilson.  It’s over in NY.  They know the inside scoop in the Jets locker room. 

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

You can eye test all you want, results are the only thing that matters. He's been very up and down this year and as I said in another post half his yards and 2/3 of his tds are in 3 games. He has about 375 and 2 tds in all the rest, that's not good. His catch rate is  horrible, 42 catches on 77 targets? He has almost as many misses as hits and I know not all are his fault, but that's the same with every other WR too.

I mean the comparison was Zay Jones vs. Gabe Davis. I’m going to do the same thing you just did…

Zay Jones 

100% of his TDs, 45% of his yards and 36% of his catches are in 3 games. He’s got a 70% catch rate. 

Gabriel Davis 

66% of his TDs, 46% of his yards and 31% of his catches are in 3 games. He’s got a 55% catch rate. 

32 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

He’s always been hot and cold. Maybe he becomes more consistent. Maybe not. 

If he wants to make the big bucks and we know he does, he's gonna have to show he can do it consistently.

I thought he had a solid game against Miami, nothing eye popping, but at least 3 of his 4 catches came at big moments. The 21 yard catch on 3rd and 17 on their 2nd td drive, the 14 yard reception to get the final drive started getting them out of the shadow of their own endzone and the 15 yard catch on 2nd and 18 to make a manageable 3rd and 3 a few plays later.

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I mean the comparison was Zay Jones vs. Gabe Davis. I’m going to do the same thing you just did…

Zay Jones 

100% of his TDs, 45% of his yards and 36% of his catches are in 3 games. He’s got a 70% catch rate. 

Gabriel Davis 

66% of his TDs, 46% of his yards and 31% of his catches are in 3 games. He’s got a 55% catch rate. 

70% would be first on our team at the starting position, just ahead of Diggs. 70% to 55%, a 15 point diffence in catch rate is a big difference.

Just to be clear Zay still has him in catches, yards, 1st downs and catch rate. Gabe has 1 td more and a better ypc average. One player is exceeding this year's expectations of them and the other is not. No one had Zay having a chance at 1,000 yards this late in the season.

Gabe has more talent, I'm not questioning that, he just needs his play to equal his talent. With teams using a spy on Josh and an extra man on Diggs, that's 2 less guys to worry about, he should be having a field day. He's the one that needs to make teams pay for doing that.

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Pouring one out for all of the gamblers that suddenly thought Zay Jones was good tonight. 

The Jets are still a mess, sorry. Don't care how good some talking heads think Saleh or that WR room could be. 

They're a franchise QB away from contending for a Super Bowl. The defense played uninspired tonight, but they've been really good all year, even with an offense that doesn't move the ball. You put Josh on that team and they might be as good or better than our 11-3 record. With Josh not on our team, their games against the Bengals and the Vikings would be the only 2 in question, they get wins in all the rest imo.

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

They're a franchise QB away from contending for a Super Bowl. The defense played uninspired tonight, but they've been really good all year, even with an offense that doesn't move the ball. You put Josh on that team and they might be as good or better than our 11-3 record. With Josh not on our team, their games against the Bengals and the Vikings would be the only 2 in question, they get wins in all the rest imo.

A Super Bowl? C'mon man. Both Moore and Mims wanted off the team just less than 2 months ago. They've got a trio of flashy young players in Gardner, Wilson, and Hall that I think injects a lot more hype than is legitimate. Their defense is not the brick wall that Saleh fanboys want it to be and they're 7-8 for more reasons than their extremely sub-par QB play. Also, it's not like a franchise QB just inevitably drifts toward you. As if they're just guaranteed one in the next couple of years while they have their current roster. Their increasingly long list of QB misses is part of the reason why they're still a mess. Why the confidence that they're going to suddenly get it right any time soon?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.