TNF- Jaguars @ Jets

T&C

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Streveler is horrible. How has this guy been in the NFL for even as long as he has? Started a game for Arizona in 2020, then was on Baltimores practice squad. He’s absolutely terrible. His arm strength looks to be on the same level as a middle school QB.  

Says Peterman's Redemption ...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Lawrence and Justin Fields (just not this weekend please) are making that leap right now. I think the difference is Lawrence has found his coach. Fields will have to wait.

Except Ohio State qb gonna have to beat history AND hope to get a coach, WR’s, O-line…

9 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Did you miss the previous plays with Zay? He’s had moments, very few and a year or so more than Gabe to get them. 13 all day long in comparison. 

This year though it's close, real close. As in Zay has more receptions, 1st downs, a few more yards and a far better catch rate than Gabe. Gabe has 1 more td and a far better ypc average. Gabe has the luxury of already playing a few seasons in this offense and with Josh and has a far better #1 WR to take coverage away for him. I would say Zay has had the more impressive season. So it depends, do you want a possession receiver or a big play receiver?

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not so obsessive that I'll actually do this, but someone really ought to count how many times this sentiment was expressed in the course of the last 3 hours ... (including by me)

In December, the real teams take the next step while the wannabes just become who they really were all along. Parity is the great equalizer across the league early, but not when the money is on the line.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

This year though it's close, real close. As in Zay has more receptions, 1st downs, a few more yards and a far better catch rate than Gabe. Gabe has 1 more td and a far better ypc average. Gabe has the luxury of already playing a few seasons in this offense and with Josh and has a far better #1 WR to take coverage away for him. I would say Zay has had the more impressive season. So it depends, do you want a possession receiver or a big play receiver?

Gabe. Eye test.

I think he’s been super hobbled by his ankle from earlier in year

we Play a first place schedule. Jags a last place schedule. They play in a soft division. 

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Gabe’s first season in this offense.. Dorsey. 
Jones has had a fine season, not taking that away from him and am happy for him. Gabe’s the real deal with a real QB, IMO. He’s gonna show up when it counts. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Remember the haters earlier in the season talking up the Jets? Same things gonna happen with the fish 

Bills drought team.  Get in position with a hot start then repeatedly soil yourself until you are out of it.  Losing these last two games in the manner they will lose them, to the teams they will lose them to, has a distinct whiff of Dick Jauron.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed. But the raw talent is downright Allen-esque. 

I wouldn’t go that far. Allen always displayed a great arm and willingness to throw. He also worked hard to improve each series,game,off season. Fields looks the same as last year. 

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Bills drought team.  Get in position with a hot start then repeatedly soil yourself until you are out of it.  Losing these last two games in the manner they will lose them, to the teams they will lose them to, has a distinct whiff of Dick Jauron.

Whiff of Dick. Should’ve left it at that. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not so obsessive that I'll actually do this, but someone really ought to count how many times this sentiment was expressed in the course of the last 3 hours ... (including by me)

In December, the real teams take the next step while the wannabes just become who they really were all along. Parity is the great equalizer across the league early, but not when the money is on the line.

Just now, WyoAZBillfan said:

Gabe’s first season in this offense.. Dorsey. 
Jones has had a fine season, not taking that away from him and am happy for him. Gabe’s the real deal with a real QB, IMO. He’s gonna show up when it counts. 

He's had a very up and down year, very much a feast or famine. He has half his yards and 2/3 of his tds in 3 games(Pitt, Minnesota, Rams). Not a whole lot done outside of those games.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Correct. But I think comparison is to the Marrone/EJ Manuel years. Championship caliber defense, overdrafted a QB prospect who was really just a project, can go 9-7 (now 9-8) with a Kyle Orton or maybe Mike White, but that's their ceiling until they find an actual good QB.

• Agree 1

Al sounds like he’s broadcasting a golf tournament 

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

I think those are two different aromas.  When I think of Dick Jauron's essence I think of Werther's Original, moth balls, and a touch of Ben-Gay.

I just spit my coffee. Lol. 

6 minutes ago, balln said:

Gabe. Eye test.

I think he’s been super hobbled by his ankle from earlier in year

we Play a first place schedule. Jags a last place schedule. They play in a soft division. 

Jags are getting better as the year goes on.. the win against Titans, Cowboys and now Jets and earier in the year beating Ravens and Chargers. Most of their wins are against good teams l, they actually seem to play down to their competition. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.