TNF- Jaguars @ Jets

T&C

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Jags are getting better as the year goes on.. the win against Titans, Cowboys and now Jets and earier in the year beating Ravens and Chargers. Most of their wins are against good teams l, they actually seem to play down to their competition. 

I'm not sure who I want to win that division.  I think it might be Tennessee tbh.

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, that was weird. Flacco must be in the doghouse again. The little bit he played this year he was actually ok. This team could have made the playoffs with Flacco at QB all year (assuming he'd stayed healthy, which he wouldn't have ...)

Being more serious I think they just want Flacco as an experienced guy in the room, they want him nowhere near the field at any cost at this point, he's maybe done after this season.

Edited by Warcodered

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Being more serious I think they just want Flacco as an experienced guy in the room, they want him nowhere near the field at any cost at this point, he's maybe done after this season.

Yeah, but this was the Jets season - win and you've got a decent shot (on paper) at the playoffs, with Mike White maybe coming back for the final 3. Lose and it's basically over (538 says it's a 4% chance now). So sticking with Wilson that long and then going to the 4th stringer is basically giving up.

8 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

In December, the real teams take the next step while the wannabes just become who they really were all along. Parity is the great equalizer across the league early, but not when the money is on the line.

Some teams lose games more than the other team wins them. That use to be the case a lot with my Pats threw out the years.. teams would do something screw up the game and make themselves lose.. (My Pats have 2 games like that and maybe a 3rd this year.. all caused by terrible coaching.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, balln said:

Gabe. Eye test.

I think he’s been super hobbled by his ankle from earlier in year

we Play a first place schedule. Jags a last place schedule. They play in a soft division. 

You can eye test all you want, results are the only thing that matters. He's been very up and down this year and as I said in another post half his yards and 2/3 of his tds are in 3 games. He has about 375 and 2 tds in all the rest, that's not good. His catch rate is  horrible, 42 catches on 77 targets? He has almost as many misses as hits and I know not all are his fault, but that's the same with every other WR too.

He needs to be better especially with teams doubling Diggs all the time. He should be feasting, but he's not. I love Gabe, I'm not a hater, but he needs to be more consistent game in and game out. It's playoff time, he needs to step up if we're going to go deep in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

I mean at this point what’s it buying the Jets to keep Zach Wilson on their roster? No one will want to trade for him and Saleh is clearly done with him. Only way back for Zach is if Saleh gets fired and they bring in a coach who’s willing to groom Zach 

I think Wilson is good for a 5th/6th rounder at this point. And I think there'd be takers: Belichick seems done with Mac, the Steelers have to be looking for someone more talented than Pickett, Carolina loves former Jets, etc., etc.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I mean at this point what’s it buying the Jets to keep Zach Wilson on their roster? No one will want to trade for him and Saleh is clearly done with him. Only way back for Zach is if Saleh gets fired and they bring in a coach who’s willing to groom Zach 

Some team will given them a 5th and 7th for him to compete in camp next year. 

10 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Nah… As much as I’d love to see them crumble, the Fish will at least be 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs this year. 

I could see them botching this and falling behind the Pats...or Raiders.  I could also see Tennessee and Jacksonville BOTH making it.  Not that crazy a scenario.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I think Wilson is good for a 5th/6th rounder at this point. And I think there'd be takers: Belichick seems done with Mac, the Steelers have to be looking for someone more talented than Pickett, Carolina loves former Jets, etc., etc.

Steelers are not giving up on Pickett.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, but this was the Jets season - win and you've got a decent shot (on paper) at the playoffs, with Mike White maybe coming back for the final 3. Lose and it's basically over (538 says it's a 4% chance now). So sticking with Wilson that long and then going to the 4th stringer is basically giving up.

I think they believe in his head maybe they just don't have any faith he can physically do it anymore.

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

He goes on the Sam Darnold/Josh Rosen carousel next season probably.

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

You can eye test all you want, results are the only thing that matters. He's been very up and down this year and as I said in another post half his yards and 2/3 of his tds are in 3 games. He has about 375 and 2 tds in all the rest, that's not good. His catch rate is  horrible, 42 catches on 77 targets? He has almost as many misses as hits and I know not all are his fault, but that's the same with every other WR too.

He needs to be better especially with teams doubling Diggs all the time. He should be feasting, but he's not. I love Gabe, I'm not a hater, but he needs to be more consistent game in and game out. It's playoff time, he needs to step up if we're going to go deep in the playoffs. 

He has had a down here prior to this year. Everything was trending up consistently. Do we throw away a player because they’ve had it down year?

No, you draft competition

Edited by John from Riverside

Just now, Warcodered said:

He goes on the Sam Darnold/Josh Rosen carousel next season probably.

Doubtful. the jets take an 11 million cap hit if they cut or trade Wilson. I don't see a good way for them to get rid of him. It might be worth for it for them to get him off the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Nah… As much as I’d love to see them crumble, the Fish will at least be 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs this year. 

I’m really hoping for a Miami/KC game in the playoffs. They don’t meet very often. That would be a fun game to sit back and watch.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

How can you groom a guy who can’t even see he was the problem? I know people dislike Mac Jones on here but at least he will say he SUCKED when they lost and he sucked.  I don’t know how anyone gets this kids head out of his butt. 

If they cut him some team will pick him up and try and “fix” him but he never should have been taken #2 overall… that team with Fields or even Jones from that draft are in the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Well, just got home and made dinner...ready to enjoy the game...but helas, the game is over. And it's only 8:15 here. I seriously wish the US had just one time zone, like China. No more missed games, and no more jet lag!

China sucks. And it’s commie government too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

He has had a down here prior to this year. Everything was trending up consistently. Do we throw away a player because they’ve had it down here?

No, you draft competition

Correct, as I said I love Gabe, not hating at all, just giving an honest opinion. I think it's fair to say he's had a few really good games and no so much in the other ones. And that it's time for him to step up with the playoffs approaching. We know Josh and Diggs are going to step up, Gabe's play, offensively speaking, will probably have the biggest impact on how far we go in the playoffs. Imo he's that important.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

How can you groom a guy who can’t even see he was the problem? I know people dislike Mac Jones on here but at least he will say he SUCKED when they lost and he sucked.  I don’t know how anyone gets this kids head out of his butt. 

If they cut him some team will pick him up and try and “fix” him but he never should have been taken #2 overall… that team with Fields or even Jones from that draft are in the playoffs.  

The grooming one is really an act of desperation by the jets. I don’t expect that from them. They should try to trade him, but I don’t think any team will want him. If I were the jets, I’d cut bait and move on regardless the dead cap

10 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Doubtful. the jets take an 11 million cap hit if they cut or trade Wilson. I don't see a good way for them to get rid of him. It might be worth for it for them to get him off the roster. 

I thought he was a lock to be a Jet in 2023, but after getting pulled after producing nothing tonight, anything is possible, especially if anyone is willing to give them even a low round pick.  

PS: Looking more like JP Losman every game.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Malazan said:

He's even more expensive the year after, they moved away from Darnold in year 4, I just don't know how they keep a guy they've benched for the 4/5th string guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.