Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

what is our 3rd and short conversion%?  Link please

Doesn't have conversion % that I can find, but does have a lot of information on run vs pass in different situations and yardages

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2022_splits.htm

I'd like to see a 3rd and short conversion % myself

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

You’re moving the goalposts. You said we already know we can’t run….  You said nothing about Devin Singletary being the only runner on the team.  The other runners being 17 and 28.

Josh Allen is a part of our run game.  Not sure why you exclude him?  Do the ravens exclude Lamar?  Does Philly exclude Hurts?  

How is James cook averaging 5.3 ypc if we can’t run.  Does he sometimes play QB and scramble?  

what is our 3rd and short conversion%?  Link please

There you go, trying to confuse a perfectly good baseless fan hot take with pesky facts.  Be careful, you will make his head explode.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

It is so simple and frankly,lame, to just say "trap game". Do you listen to the interviews with Bills players and coaches? They are professionals, all focusing on one game at a time.

I hope you're right.  

5 hours ago, gordong said:

that's a really big dome....then you have to worry about airspace...and making sure the doors are big enough for the trucker's to get in and out and that's nothing compared to the ships bringing the sand into buffalo.  are we paying to bill to heat and A/c this space as well or is that the county or state?   LOL. 

4 hours ago, hemma said:

I think he secretly wants a 60 mile diameter dome over the entire area, but is afraid to ask.  Because of shyness.

Fun fact, in the 70's they had a wacky idea to put a dome over the entire town of Winooski, VT

https://vtdigger.org/2022/04/24/the-winooski-dome-how-this-mill-town-was-almost-sealed-in-a-bubble/

And people think the folks in Buffalo drink a lot...  🤣:beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

Assuming Morse is out this game. Hopefully Bates is ready to go. Has Ike been practicing? Assuming he’ll be inactive this week. It sure would be nice if the Bills put this game away early and some of the starters could rest in the 4th qtr but not counting on it. Regardless Bills D needs to improve their tackling this week and shut down their offense. Put this game away early!

Snowfall totals for some areas of WNY have really jumped the past few model runs...Buffalo Metro in the 15-20" range with the area from Erie,PA all the way up to the Eastern burbs of Buffalo looking at potential in the 3-4 feet range...

Not really looking forward to this one...even if the snow totals stay down a little there is high potential for power outages and blizzard like conditions for much of the Friday Night - Saturday Night period.

Edited by Big Turk

On 12/19/2022 at 8:02 AM, BlazinBill said:

Went to boot camp in Chicago - just a miserable environment - so many times just going outside and my nostrils freezing instantly and I grew in Rochester so it's not like I wasn't used to the cold

Same. Oct -Dec 2004. My graduation day was 17 below with the wind chill.  It was horrible but looking around at all the people from Georgia and Florida, etc.  warmed me up a bit. Haha. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, gtw3 said:

Same. Oct -Dec 2004. My graduation day was 17 below with the wind chill.  It was horrible but looking around at all the people from Georgia and Florida, etc.  warmed me up a bit. Haha. 

I was August 95- Feb'96 - got super lucky and boot was longer because of a government shutdown and our training was stuck 2.1 day- the first day the could exercise us.

Then had another month of training after boot was over- was with the same types - I mean I was cold but so many others were feeling it way worse coming from warmer climates- I still have zero ambitions on ever returning 

2 hours ago, Heitz said:

Fun fact, in the 70's they had a wacky idea to put a dome over the entire town of Winooski, VT

https://vtdigger.org/2022/04/24/the-winooski-dome-how-this-mill-town-was-almost-sealed-in-a-bubble/

And people think the folks in Buffalo drink a lot...  🤣:beer: 

I hope they didn’t throw out the plans.  

Could be useful in 15 years for the Mars mission.

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Chicago may only have three wins but they have lost a ton of close games.  Four out of their last six losses have been 5 points or less. Let’s play well and clinch the AFCE this weekend.

I feel like most nfl games at this time of year are pretty close regardless of records between teams 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Gotta love that Buffalo always ends up in these games :doh:

Certainly seems the case, but there’s going to be a ton of bad weather games this weekend.. starting on TNF with wind and rain for MetLife. 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Gotta love that Buffalo always ends up in these games :doh:

He is talking about the Buffalo area not Chicago, we are about to get hammered twice...first with the main storm system and heavy snow with near hurricane force winds, then by heavy lake effect snow...

Basically think of this as a Blizzard of 77 level storm without the 3+ feet of snow sitting on the entire length of frozen Lake Erie to blow into Buffalo.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is talking about the Buffalo area not Chicago, we are about to get hammered twice...first with the main storm system and heavy snow with near hurricane force winds, then by heavy lake effect snow...

Basically think of this as a Blizzard of 77 level storm without the 3+ feet of snow sitting on the entire length of frozen Lake Erie to blow into Buffalo.

Now I’m starting to get worried about what this storm could end up being. Good news is I’ll be out of town in a tropical climate for the holidays. Bad news is what damage can happen at home while I’m not there. Need to show my house sitter how to use the generator and make sure the sump pump doesn’t go out.

Edited by rusty shackleford

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

For once I’m happy the lake hasn’t frozen over yet.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Pretty sure I read all about how Hamlin totally sucks and is a liability, elsewhere on this site

I think Hamlin is a gamer and has made some plays, but damn, that kid misses a LOT of tackles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Probably because he got tomahawk chopped on the same arm when he was strip sacked.

If you watch the play, after the tomahawk he also gets spun to the ground and hits with his right elbow. This is not a great view of it, but was the best I could find.

=========

Chicago Bears INJURIES

RB Khalil Herbert has been designated to return from injured reserve and has returned to practice.

WR Chase Claypool (knee) was listed as limited in Tuesday's walk-through

WR N'Keal Harry (back) full

WR Equanimeous St. Brown (concussion) DNP

OL Teven Jenkins is back at the team facility and considered day to day after being carted off with a neck injury against the Eagles on Sunday, per head coach Matt Eberflus.

LB Jack Sanborn (ankle) is being placed on injured reserve and his season is now over, per Eberflus.

The big impacts would be Tevon Jenkins their starting RG and Jack Sanborn who took over the starting middle linebacker role when Roquan Smith was traded. In the 5 games where he started and finished (got hurt against the Eagles so did not count) he had 53 tackles and 2 sacks with a fumble recovery. He appears not not be used at all agianst tha pass as he has zero passes defenced. In addition of his tackles 33 were solo during that 5 game period which would place him 3rd overall in the NFL.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-solo-tackles?rate=per-game

Edited by CorkScrewHill

15 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Singletary is the #26 ranked back. It’s great that Allen can scramble (which is where the majority of the team’s rushing yards come from), but when it comes to actual designed runs with our running backs we stink.

Why is that? I blame the o-line mostly.

The Bills are the only team to rush for 100+ yards every game this season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Nineforty said:

I take Josh at his word and think it was a meaningful admission a couple of weeks back when he said he is going to be dealing with the elbow issue for the foreseeable future.

Doesn't mean I expect losses! But I think it is an important factor and something that makes me nervous for the rest of the season and in the offseason when I'm expecting a surgery to be scheduled (shortly after he hoists the Lombardi). 

I was concerned about those comments but then saw he wasn't limited at all last week in practice. I feel like if he was truly dealing with pain in that elbow when throwing they would still keep him limited in practice, no? That gave me hope that he's on the other end of this injury. He would still be listed on the injury report because he is receiving treatment on it, but as far as it limiting his effectiveness in games I was hopeful we were past that point. 

Then of course, that strip sack probably was a set back. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I was concerned about those comments but then saw he wasn't limited at all last week in practice. I feel like if he was truly dealing with pain in that elbow when throwing they would still keep him limited in practice, no? That gave me hope that he's on the other end of this injury. He would still be listed on the injury report because he is receiving treatment on it, but as far as it limiting his effectiveness in games I was hopeful we were past that point. 

Then of course, that strip sack probably was a set back. 

Part of his comment of dealing with it for the foreseeable future is the pain of throwing the ball that is present. 

He slyly said he doesn't feel it as much or at all on gameday. It is what it is for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

Part of his comment of dealing with it for the foreseeable future is the pain of throwing the ball that is present. 

He slyly said he doesn't feel it as much or at all on gameday. It is what it is for him. 

Yea I remember him saying that. Im just thinking if he was still feeling pain last week while throwing, he would have been limited in practice because why put him through unnecessary pain? But I guess they could also be weighing the need to get him all the practice reps possible with his receivers since the offense needed to get back on track....which seemed to have worked for the most part against the Dolphins. Had been a while before last week of having a full week of practice with all the guys on offense going full. 

What the Dolphins reportedly brought to be ready for the cold at Highmark Stadium

Despite Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel saying earlier this week that he personally wasn't going to spend time monitoring the Buffalo weather, that doesn't mean the Dolphins are not prepared for Saturday night's game against the Bills.

According to the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, here is what the Dolphins brought to be ready:

• 1,400 pounds of trunks with cold weather gear. 

• 7 extra trunks total. 

• 3 trunks of scuba gear.

• 3 trunks of thermal gear, including hand warmers and toe warmers.

• 1 trunk of snowboots for coaches.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/what-the-dolphins-reportedly-brought-to-be-ready-for-the-cold-at-highmark-stadium/article_5f8220aa-7e3b-11ed-81f8-dba2d79b802a.html

With the Bears long out of the playoffs , they can take chances and gamble . Hurts runs for 3 TDs as Eagles squeeze by Bears 25-20. — Jalen Hurts had trouble feeling his hands. With bone-chilling wind whipping through Soldier Field, .

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, ALF said:

What the Dolphins reportedly brought to be ready for the cold at Highmark Stadium

Despite Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel saying earlier this week that he personally wasn't going to spend time monitoring the Buffalo weather, that doesn't mean the Dolphins are not prepared for Saturday night's game against the Bills.

According to the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, here is what the Dolphins brought to be ready:

• 1,400 pounds of trunks with cold weather gear. 

• 7 extra trunks total. 

• 3 trunks of scuba gear.

• 3 trunks of thermal gear, including hand warmers and toe warmers.

• 1 trunk of snowboots for coaches.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/what-the-dolphins-reportedly-brought-to-be-ready-for-the-cold-at-highmark-stadium/article_5f8220aa-7e3b-11ed-81f8-dba2d79b802a.html

With the Bears long out of the playoffs , they can take chances and gamble . Hurts runs for 3 TDs as Eagles squeeze by Bears 25-20. — Jalen Hurts had trouble feeling his hands. With bone-chilling wind whipping through Soldier Field, .

McDaniel wishes it were colder though 🙄 

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

For once I’m happy the lake hasn’t frozen over yet.

That Blizzard of 77 Storm was probably a once in a 10000 year event based on all of the factors that had to come together for it to happen the way it did over a two month period. Truly remarkable when you read about some of the record setting things that occurred from November onward to make what occurred possible.

• Like (+1) 2

"Snow and strong winds Thursday into Friday will likely be sending travel issues cascading across the country. Chicago’s O’Hare and Midway airports said they have 350 pieces of equipment and 400,000 gallons of pavement de-icing fluid between them to keep runways and taxiways clear", the Associated Press reports.

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

"Snow and strong winds Thursday into Friday will likely be sending travel issues cascading across the country. Chicago’s O’Hare and Midway airports said they have 350 pieces of equipment and 400,000 gallons of pavement de-icing fluid between them to keep runways and taxiways clear", the Associated Press reports.

Just to illustrate the difference in airports, the director of operations for Buffalo-Niagara International Airport this morning said we have 4,000 gallons of pavement de-icing fluid ready.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

No plans to move game kickoff according to the Chicago Sun Times https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022/12/20/23517075/bears-news-bills-matt-eberflus-justin-fields-stats-rushing-injury-update-week-16-schedule 

"Eberflus said there haven’t been any precautionary conversations about pushing back the noon kickoff, but there are logistical concerns if the snow proves problematic on the roads. The Bears would typically go downtown Friday and stay in a hotel."

Edited by GottaRun

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.