Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Did Poyer miss any snaps in the game?  What the hell is with this team and players who finish games with no apparent injury but then have injuries that keep them out the following week(s)?

He did this a couple of weeks ago..... DNP all week until the last practice, was limited,  and played all snaps during the game. Just body management i am sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

That's a "trifecta" of "things I really really don't like about this week's injury report": Josh suffering from "general elbow soreness", Poyer with a knee injury missing 2 practices, and Mitch Morse still in concussion protocol (I think the likelihood is high he will miss this game).

🤐

One is impressed, but a little concerned, at your apparent ability to collect actual Moose Piss for a taste comparison

When Nature Calls Moose GIF by ABC Network

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm quite partial to Community Beer Works "The Whale" 

I haven't had the pleasure of trying it, but it looks like it's an American Brown Ale?

Based on the notes about it on Untappd, sounds like its perfect for this time of year.

Edited by Logic

6 hours ago, ALF said:

What the Dolphins reportedly brought to be ready for the cold at Highmark Stadium

Despite Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel saying earlier this week that he personally wasn't going to spend time monitoring the Buffalo weather, that doesn't mean the Dolphins are not prepared for Saturday night's game against the Bills.

According to the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, here is what the Dolphins brought to be ready:

• 1,400 pounds of trunks with cold weather gear. 

• 7 extra trunks total. 

• 3 trunks of scuba gear.

• 3 trunks of thermal gear, including hand warmers and toe warmers.

• 1 trunk of snowboots for coaches.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/what-the-dolphins-reportedly-brought-to-be-ready-for-the-cold-at-highmark-stadium/article_5f8220aa-7e3b-11ed-81f8-dba2d79b802a.html

With the Bears long out of the playoffs , they can take chances and gamble . Hurts runs for 3 TDs as Eagles squeeze by Bears 25-20. — Jalen Hurts had trouble feeling his hands. With bone-chilling wind whipping through Soldier Field, .

This is so dumb. I think we look so stupid talking about the weather for that game. All this fan base did was talk about the snow, incorrectly reference the equity rule, and talk about what a revenge game thus was going to be.

It was a giant nothing burger. Tua played well. Miami played well. 

The Bills didn’t get any revenge this game. They came in much healthier than before in neutral conditions and squeaked a win out. 

New flash, every time likely traveled everywhere this time of year with the pack list you referenced. It was likely on their plane to LA as well. They would be wildly irresponsible not to bring that pack list anywhere outside of south Florida no matter what the weather report says.

Get over it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

That's a "trifecta" of "things I really really don't like about this week's injury report": Josh suffering from "general elbow soreness", Poyer with a knee injury missing 2 practices, and Mitch Morse still in concussion protocol (I think the likelihood is high he will miss this game).

🤐

One is impressed, but a little concerned, at your apparent ability to collect actual Moose Piss for a taste comparison

Where was is stated that Allen has general elbow soreness?

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He just told Bills Beat Reporter Sal C. that his elbow hasn't felt this good in a long time and yesterday was more just letting it rest since it more of a walkthrough.

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Sal Capaccio 

@SalSports

·

Follow

Josh Allen said his elbow “felt really good today” and “hasn’t felt that good in a long time.” Said yesterday was just about laying off it a bit since it was more of a walk-through practice.

23 hours ago, NewEra said:

To my eye, he’s regressed since he first took over.  He’s taken a bunch of bad angles and is a liability vs the pass.  He’s ok, but I’m worried about the better passing team going after him.  

I agree it feels that way too.  I think he showed some of the whiffs on tape earlier and now teams have figured out where/when hes good at coming from depth and when he is not.  But agree feels like those players are more common.

3 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Our nickel D has held up against the run for most of the season, don't know why it would magically stop holding up now...

Top 5 in total rushing yards allowed

15th in YPC

Top 10 in TDs allowed via the rush

DVOA run defense top 10

I dunno man, seems to be working. Our issues haven't been because of the nickel, its been missed tackles. 

Agree.  I think playing nickel will be about personnel and not how much Chicago runs (which is what the poster you replied seemed to imply).  If Chicago goes 11, why wouldnt we want Taron out there when a WR has to block him.  He is incredibly effective in the run game because of the personnel match up (he even plays against 12).

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

My Turkish Brother!!

That's my Dad's Name! 😃

Diggs is a treasure.  It was all there to see when he was traded.  He stayed at Maryland to keep his brother out of trouble when he couldve gone to a big school; his brother went to Bama.  Amazing some of the things that were said about him.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hopefully we don't have any Bills fans replicating this one in Chicago...

Different view showing what happened leading up to it and apparently it's a Bears-Packers game not Eagles...

Yeah if you are new to a stadium situation take note that one can manhandle a much larger human being with leverage of being up one step higher and the other guy having people behind him to stumble over.    Seen it many times.   Once you get them going downhill just a little they are finished. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Sal Capaccio 

@SalSports

·

Follow

Josh Allen said his elbow “felt really good today” and “hasn’t felt that good in a long time.” Said yesterday was just about laying off it a bit since it was more of a walk-through practice.

Ok so the “soreness” never really was stated, it was inferred. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

When Nature Calls Moose GIF by ABC Network

I haven't had the pleasure of trying it, but it looks like it's an American Brown Ale?

Based on the notes about it on Untappd, sounds like its perfect for this time of year.

Effectively yes. I remember trying it at the Bidwell market before they got a space. It has the coffee notes of Guinness but with a fae lighter body.

I rarely drink now but that it one I still crave

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So I watched this interview on my phone on youtube (I have adblocker on my pc so never have to worry about it) but when Sal asked Diggs about the whole "get me the ball" thing, right as he said "I mean I feel like...." it cut to a clothing ad with Charles Wright: Express yourself.  probably the best ad I every got. 🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.