Ike Boettger Status ?????

Riverboat Ritchie

• Simon changed the title to Ike Boettger Status ?????

I always liked Boettger, so I recall a lot of people complaining about him last year. But I guess now he is the savior. I do think he can help us, but an achilles is really a terrible injury for offensive linemen as that plant foot has to be able to bear weight and explode. It happened so late last year that I wouldn’t be shocked if he he doesn’t play this year. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I always liked Boettger, so I recall a lot of people complaining about him last year. But I guess now he is the savior. I do think he can help us, but an achilles is really a terrible injury for offensive linemen as that plant foot has to be able to bear weight and explode. It happened so late last year that I wouldn’t be shocked if he he doesn’t play this year. 

It seems to be a "he's better than the guy he's replacing" type of thing.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m more concerned w Morse, as he’s had a history of concussions and if I remember correctly, he was contemplating retirement after the last one. Hes been our best lineman this year and could spell bad news if we lose him for any considerable amount of time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I like Ike. Remember the cheap shot Kiko put on Allen a couple of years ago? Boettger was 1st Bill into the melee to defend his qb. But when Boettger went down last season, Bates replaced him and o-line improved the rest of the season.

Edited by BillsDad51
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

They talked about this on GR yesterday.  The Bills are expected to activate him today, as his 21-day window is up.  If they don't, he's GAN.

6 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I've read todays the deadline

I've read Monday is the deadline

Take your pick!

Sal explains this.  The Bills need to activate him today, but the league doesn’t put out a Transaction report today.

So unless the Bills announce it (and their employees who do such stuff may be chillaxing on a rare Sunday off), we won’t know until Monday

43 minutes ago, Putin said:

More importantly what’s up with Mitch Morse ???

“He’s in concussion protocol” is all the info you’re going to get until he clears.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Ike isn’t any good so I’m not sure why people think he’s a much need addition. 

He was so bad that he was replaced by Bates.

The question is, isn’t is he “good”, it’s is he better than Van Roten or Quessenberry at RG?

And he may be, don’t under-estimate the effect of bringing in fresh, strong legs at a time of year when both OLmen and DLmen are by and large playing dinged.  Feliciano looked great 2/3 of the way through the season coming back from a torn pec, got a contract, and sucked next year playing “good on good” with everyone healthy.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The question is, isn’t is he “good”, it’s is he better than Van Roten or Quessenberry at RG?

And he may be, don’t under-estimate the effect of bringing in fresh, strong legs at a time of year when both OLmen and DLmen are by and large playing dinged.  Feliciano looked great 2/3 of the way through the season coming back from a torn pec, got a contract, and sucked next year playing “good on good” with everyone healthy.

Ike is probably on a similar level to the guys you mentioned. 

If anything, Van Rotten and Quessenberry are crap sandwiches and Ike is a crap sandwich with mayo. 

We desperately need to address the OL this off-season and it can’t be with guys like Ike.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Sal explains this.  The Bills need to activate him today, but the league doesn’t put out a Transaction report today.

So unless the Bills announce it (and their employees who do such stuff may be chillaxing on a rare Sunday off), we won’t know until Monday

“He’s in concussion protocol” is all the info you’re going to get until he clears.

I’m sure he won’t be playing this week but do you think there’s a chance he’ll be back the week after ? 

49 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Ike is probably on a similar level to the guys you mentioned. 

If anything, Van Rotten and Quessenberry are crap sandwiches and Ike is a crap sandwich with mayo. 

We desperately need to address the OL this off-season and it can’t be with guys like Ike.

Ike is better than both of them (certainly at guard). He is a very similar level player to Bates and the Bills put Ike in before Bates in 2020 and 2021 and only went to Bates when Ike got hurt. I see both as guys who you are always trying to upgrade if they are your starter. But you are really comfortable if either is your lead interior backup. 

I thought I head Ike was going to be done for the year though on one of the pods the other day. The expectation was he wouldn't make it back and would revert to IR. I hope not because if Morse is missing time I feel better about Bates at center and Ike at RG than I do about Quess inside or GVR snapping the football.

Agreed he isn't a long term starter. But he would be a short term boost if he can return.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Ike was not a great player when he played. Serviceable would be a fair e v a l. Yet, he may have been a big help last night with Bates out... 

yea. like we were all clamoring for bates to play. coaches stubbornly refused for some reason (like his backup versality or some crap). once ike went down. bates in. the O started clicking - i believe @NE game?

11 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I like Ike

Activate him and release the Punter rougher.

yeah as much as I have been pulling for that UB guy...he muffed the Jefferson catch at a critical time (tried to catch it rather than knock-it-down) and now the roughing-the-punter-personal-foul-wtf in a big game...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.