All-reds this week for the Fish...

eball

This year uniform combo record

Blue on White 0-2

White on White 3-0

White on Blue 1-0

Blue on Blue 6-1

Red on Red 0-0

Uniform history record (since uniform change from Navy)

Since 2011- Blue on White 42-26

Since 2011- White on White 20-28

Since 2012- White on White (Standing Buff Helmet) 8-4

Since 2012- White on Blue 15-22

Since 2014- Blue on Blue 15-7

Since 2015- Red on Red 6-2

Josh Allen Uniform Record

Blue on White 16-7

White on White 13-7

White on White (Standing Buff Helmet) 3-2

White on Blue 9-8

Blue on Blue 10-4

Red on Red 4-1

Playoffs uniform record

Blue on White 3-0

White on White 0-1

White on Blue 0-3

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

I don't like them either but I would imagine it be easier for the Offense to see players in Red. 

Not sure if it's true, but I seem to recall hearing that the Bill's Red Helmet design was brought in partially for their visibility to the QB.

Possibly an urban myth....

Can anyone confirm or refute?

7 minutes ago, HunTim said:

Not sure if it's true, but I seem to recall hearing that the Bill's Red Helmet design was brought in partially for their visibility to the QB.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/23/the-story-behind-the-bills-red-helmets/

Google. It's a thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, flmike said:

Ugh, I hate all the solid color unis, but the reds are the worst. Blue on white and all whites and sell off the rest. While we are at it, bring back the standing Buffalo!

By the by  ...

(as the Irish guys in South Buffalo used to say) WHEN are the BILLS scheduled to wear the standing Buffalo helmet?

I despise the red on red look, but admit it was a good look in the Colts snow game. 

I can recall posts suggesting that Kim Pegula was a big fan of red on red in the the snow. No clue if that had any legs.  Also haven't heard anything in awhile about whatever health issues she's been going through. But if the two things are related in anyway I am fully on board with the red on red regardless whether it snows on Saturday.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, HunTim said:

I think they started with them in 83 or 84 and I remember reading in one of the pre season magazines that they went to them to cut down on Joe Ferguson interceptions 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr Wild said:

Josh Allen Uniform Record

Blue on White 16-7

White on White 13-7

White on White (Standing Buff Helmet) 3-2

White on Blue 9-8

Blue on Blue 10-4

Red on Red 4-1

Sure about this? Which game was the one loss? I thought Allen was 4-0 in all reds. We only wear them once a year right and this being Allen's 5th year that would mean he's only had four opportunities to wear them.

Off the top of my head.

2018- Lions W

2019- ?

2020- Steelers W

2021- Carolina W

6 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Surprised we haven’t seen the classic standing red Buffalo helmet yet. I wonder if it’s being phased out or if they’ll have it for one of the final 3 games. 

Can’t wear them this year as the Bills didn’t request it with the league or something. I’d guess we will see them next season sometime though. 

I honestly think that is one of a few reasons why Mahomes is as good as he is in KC. More games in red seeming how it’s their natural color. If you put Mahomes on a team like the colts, I don’t think he has as much success. He would still be great, but I’d be willing to bet he’d have a handful more loses due to the color change (assuming) same roster and coaches. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I honestly think that is one of a few reasons why Mahomes is as good as he is in KC. More games in red seeming how it’s their natural color. If you put Mahomes on a team like the colts, I don’t think he has as much success. He would still be great, but I’d be willing to bet he’d have a handful more loses due to the color change (assuming) same roster and coaches. 

I'd put this slightly behind having Andy Reid as your head coach.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.