Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

just say you’re still mad about the vax already 😂😂

I am not.  He is just not very good, and was not very good for the back half of last year at least.  I watched the two games he played in Tampa.  He was awful.  Sadly many people are more in love with their idea of Beasley than the facts.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Good. I said it earlier in the week that Allen needs those 7 to 10 yard completions that move the sticks. Beasley will be a key addition moving forward. Not only will he give Allen a reliable target but he could really open up some intermediate stuff in our passing game for Davis, Diggs, Knox, etc.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This talk about Beasley not being good after the catch doesn't jive with facts.  Beasley when he was last in a uniform led the team in yards after catch average.   Second in yards after catch in yards just behind Diggs who had a lot more receptions.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

This is a great proactive move. If he's got nothing left he stays on the practice squad and we "lose" nothing. 

I think there was something about the timing routes and work over the middle for high completion attempts that got Josh in rythm and sparked the offense. 

If he's 75% of what he was in his last year this was still worth a shot imo

Many of our successful drives last year began with a Beas catch. Completely agree with the rhythm. Even physically limited, Beas can be an asset to this team. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ya gotta wonder how out of shape OBJ was if the Cowboys and Bills both went and got other players. Sheeesh

Has nothing to do with kind of shape he's in, he blew up his knee in February. It took Tre a full calendar year to come back, OBJ was not going to be ready to play this year.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They can take the flier. I am not saying they absolutely shouldn't do it. I'm saying it won't succeed. I don't think there is anything left beyond a bloke who can catch 3-5 yard passes and fall over on the spot. 

We’re in America.  No such thing as a bloke.

• Haha (+1) 5

Just now, Beast said:

Good. I said it earlier in the week that Allen needs those 7 to 10 yard completions that move the sticks. Beasley will be a key addition moving forward. Not only will he give Allen a reliable target but he could really open up some intermediate stuff in our passing game for Davis, Diggs, Knox, etc.

I agree Mckenzie is just not consistent enough and Allen knew it and pushed for this move.   It could be OJB told Allen he was not signing with Bills,  me thinks he will sign with Giants for off the field endorsement money/attention

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No one opposed the move? Not even Dirty?

He loves Bease. And McKenzie is not getting cut. Might see a drop in targets but bease could help in the long run, he’s his mentor. He talked a lot about it on his Ty Dunne show

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Luka said:

Has nothing to do with kind of shape he's in, he blew up his knee in February. It took Tre a full calendar year to come back, OBJ was not going to be ready to play this year.

Isn’t the state of his knee the very definition of the kind of shape he’s in? I mean if you can’t run or cut then you’re not in playing shape. (Not trying to be an arse.)

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had a couple people laughed (or vomited) at me early in this thread for suggesting something similar. Both Brown and Beasley are there in an attempt to get the QB play back on track. Josh is a stud. But he has been a bit off for a number of weeks now. Beasley and Brown are efforts to find his rhythm by recreating past success before we enter the playoffs.  

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ya gotta wonder how out of shape OBJ was if the Cowboys and Bills both went and got other players. Sheeesh

Not sure if out of shape, just knee is not prolly ready to go based on his refusal to work out. Plus he wanted a multi year deal , will be an off-season acquisition for someone.  

1 minute ago, ILBillsfan said:

Who is this guy? Been seeing him a Twitter a lot, and don’t know him. Any clue? 

I don't mind signing Beasley.  Fine, whatever.  But if we're this desperate for a slot receiver, what does that say about Shakir?  

More generally, we are desperate at CB, and Elam is sitting on the bench.  We are desperate for better RB production, and Cook barely sees the field.  We're signing guys off the street to play WR, and Shakir is just standing around.  What the actual hell?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

Well that probably means it's McKenzies last year with the Bills. Oh well. At least Beasly can make tough catches. Hope he keeps quite for the rest of the run. Reports will be targeting the sound bites from him. I do appreciate that we are at least trying to fix an issue.

He has a 2 year deal and I doubt bease is a long term thing. He will still need to earn his 2023 spot but I don’t think it spells certain end. I think it’s more about the crowder injury. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Isn’t the state of his knee the very definition of the kind of shape he’s in? I mean if you can’t run or cut then you’re not in playing shape. (Not trying to be an arse.)

To me, out of shape conjours images of Kelvin Benjamin. An injury is different. That's all.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Niagara Dude changed the title to Updated Beasley signing to practice squad
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.