Who had a worse game? Dane or Isaiah?

Ya Digg?

Just now, HappyDays said:

He unofficially had 6 targets. Their was a defensive holding on one of his 3 drops which wiped the play off the stat sheet.

So that’s what we’re doing now, we’re keeping count of all the drops and interceptions and stuff that happen on a penalty and get called back?

We doing that for everyone?

McKenzie is going to be a liability in the playoffs.  Dude can't catch a cold.  Every once in a while he comes through when needed because teams never double him and honestly let him roam a lot.  Dude should be have an amazing year but again........ Dude can't catch a cold.  

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So that’s what we’re doing now, we’re keeping count of all the drops and interceptions and stuff that happen on a penalty and get called back?

We doing that for everyone?

No? I'm just saying he had a bad game. He dropped 50% of his targets and there were all easy catches.

Edited by HappyDays

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Dane Jackson, by far.  McKittrick had two FD catches and a good jet sweep.  I think Dane had one PD, but gave up a lot of catches and missed a lot of tackles.  

Where do you stand on Dropsome Knox in the 2nd half?  He also dropped two FD catches.

I liked that they got Knox involved today. Didn’t hate the play call on the final drive when they threw to him on first down-was definitely a tough catch, wish he would’ve come down with it. I think I’d they can get him more involved downfield like they did today going forward that can help get the offense going again. It seems for several weeks he was used solely as an outlet

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

I liked that they got Knox involved today. Didn’t hate the play call on the final drive when they threw to him on first down-was definitely a tough catch, wish he would’ve come down with it. I think I’d they can get him more involved downfield like they did today going forward that can help get the offense going again. It seems for several weeks he was used solely as an outlet

Agreed, I also liked the play action and kill shot.  That catch would have ended the game.  I just don't understand the McKittrick hate compared to the Dropsome lack of hate.  Both had the same number of drops today, and they're probably comparable on the season drops.  Yet McKittrick is "unreliable", and Dropsome has never been labeled as such that I've seen here.

43 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He dropped 3 third down passes that would have been first downs. We punted.

So first off, as @HappyDays was educating me about, we get 3 drops only if we count a “no play” due to a DH penalty giving us a 1st down.  We didn’t punt; Dawson Knox caught a pass and scored a TD on the next play.  And it wasn’t a 3rd down, it was a first down.

Yes, McKenzie failed to haul in 2 passes on 3rd down.  Where was he, where were the sticks, where was the defender?  If he single-handedly stopped the drives, what happened on 1st and 2nd down?  Were those also incomplete passes to McKenzie?

3rd and 16 on the Buffalo 12 yd line after an ineligible downfield on Morse, holding penalty on Dawkins and Saffold 1st and 15, 1st and 20, 2nd and 20, 3rd and 16 - yeah that sounds like “McKenzie single-handedly stopped the drive” on a pass short left.  Unclear he would have had the 1st if he caught it  But we did punt, so that’s 1 of your 3 confirmed.

3rd and 3 on the Jets 20, McKenzie failed to haul in the pass, we kicked a FG.

Narrative changes what we perceive.  

We now return you to your regularly scheduled tar and pitchfork session.

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

So first off, as @HappyDays was educating me about, we get 3 drops only if we count a “no play” due to a DH penalty giving us a 1st down.  We didn’t punt; Dawson Knox caught a pass and scored a TD on the next play.  And it wasn’t a 3rd down, it was a first down.

Yes, McKenzie failed to haul in 2 passes on 3rd down.  Where was he, where were the sticks, where was the defender?  If he single-handedly stopped the drives, what happened on 1st and 2nd down?  Were those also incomplete passes to McKenzie?

3rd and 16 on the Buffalo 12 yd line after an ineligible downfield on Morse, holding penalty on Dawkins and Saffold 1st and 15, 1st and 20, 2nd and 20, 3rd and 16 - yeah that sounds like “McKenzie single-handedly stopped the drive” on a pass short leg.  But we did punt.

3rd and 3 on the Jets 20, McKenzie failed to haul in the pass, we kicked a FG

Narrative changes what we perceive.  

We now return you to your regularly scheduled tar and pitchfork session.

So he single handily ruined 2 drives instead of 3?

Okay…

Just now, Einstein said:

So he single handily ruined 2 drives instead of 3?

Okay…

We.  Scored.

We. Did Not Punt On 3 Drives involving incomplete passes to McKenzie

We scored a TD on 1 and a FG on another.

If you wanna describe a drive that starts with a busted pass play/ineligible man penalty and moved on to 2 holding penalties, and an incomplete pass to Davis as “McKenzie single-handedly ruining a drive so we had to punt” when it was a short pass on 3rd and 16, Hokay, but it seems like a bizarre descriptive to me.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Seriously. 

Unless they step it up, we need a new #2 and 3 wR next season

My biggest fear is seeing Diggs doubled, while Allen can't find an open receiver in the playoffs. 

Great teams will focus on Diggs. Someone else needs to step up. Otherwise, it's time to seriously consider getting a legit #2 receiver in here. Whether it's giving picks to Browns for Cooper or something else.

• Agree 1

No doubt Isaiah dropped some passes, but he was not the only one who dropped passes in the horrible weather today (nothwithstanding what people write on this board). Clearly, the ball was slick. We also had some players who were not even getting open.

In my judgment, this topic is driven by a bias against a player by certain people on this board.

The more pertinent question should have been which of our offensive linemen had a worse game.

Edited by Peter

1 minute ago, Peter said:

No doubt Isaiah dropped some passes, but he was not the only one who dropped passes in the horrible weather today (nothwithstanding what people write on this board).  We also had some players who were not even getting open. Clearly, the ball was slick.

In my judgment, this topic is driven by a bias against a player by certain people on this board.

The more pertinent question should have been which of our offensive linemen had a worse game.

Not sure how the answer to that question wouldn’t be Dawkins-4 holding penalties, 3 accepted 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

Not sure how the answer to that question wouldn’t be Dawkins-4 holding penalties, 3 accepted 

Sadly, he is supposed to be our best offensive lineman.

We have MILLIONS of dollars invested in an elite, generational QB, and we have a horrible line in front of him (and our running backs).

Improving the offensive line in the offseason better be our highest priority . . . not only to protect Josh, but to improve our running game.

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

Sadly, he is supposed to be our best offensive lineman.

We have MILLIONS of dollars invested in an elite, generational QB, and we have a horrible line in front of him (and our running backs).

Improving the offensive line in the offseason better be our highest priority . . . not only to protect Josh, but to improve our running game.

For the most part Dawkins had been very good this year, today was not his day

5 hours ago, stevestojan said:

We won. We have 10 wins. We’re #1 in the AFC regardless of what the chiefs do to the broncos today. 

But let’s give out anti-game balls. 

Seen the Chiefs schedule over the last 4 weeks?

Seen our schedule?

There should be a level of concern after today, because it is a very fragile #1 at this point when we play the Fins and at Cincinnati in the last month.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

My biggest fear is seeing Diggs doubled, while Allen can't find an open receiver in the playoffs. 

Great teams will focus on Diggs. Someone else needs to step up. Otherwise, it's time to seriously consider getting a legit #2 receiver in here. Whether it's giving picks to Browns for Cooper or something else.

Yup.  That’s what smart teams will do.  It’s up to knox and the RBs to get open or Josh to scramble.  

20M a year for Cooper is too steep imo.  We should draft at least 1 wr in the first 2 rounds and sign a value FA or two, maybe a trade.  Cap wise, adding another WR making 20M…..ehhhhh.  We’d be done big trouble down the road

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

We.  Scored.

We. Did Not Punt On 3 Drives involving incomplete passes to McKenzie

We scored a TD on 1 and a FG on another.

If you wanna describe a drive that starts with a busted pass play/ineligible man penalty and moved on to 2 holding penalties, and an incomplete pass to Davis as “McKenzie single-handedly ruining a drive so we had to punt” when it was a short pass on 3rd and 16, Hokay, but it seems like a bizarre descriptive to me.

So he single handily ruined 2 drives instead of 3.

Okay.

Glad we got a FG instead of a TD because of him and that’s somehow a win.

i will defend Isiah a tiny bit on the first drop,  he was interfered with by Sauce,  and for the life of me,  i have zero idea why its never called on Gardner.   he does it all the time,  its not even sneaky.    as a rookie ive never seen somebody get away with it on such a regular basis as Gardner does.   the other drops, well one was terrible,  other was a tough grab if he made it,  still should have though.

we definitely miss Beas.   he was the slot guy who got open every time,  and wasnt afraid of getting hit.   that isnt Isiah.  we dont have a replacement right now for Beas and what he did to open up the offense in the middle.  i guess thats what Crowder was for,   didnt get to see it though.

i know Beas and Kelce are different animals,  but imagine how much the Chefs would struggle without Kelce owning the middle of the field,  the threat he brings.  it opens things up on the outside.    i love Knox but we havent been using him all that much in the passing game,  he has to help block now because the OLine is banged up or just playing poorly.    its rough right now.

I’m guessing this was in response to fans getting on McKenzie about his drops.  

I hope he does not lean in on the wet ball as an excuse too much.   IMO this is a bad comparison considering most fans aren’t professional athletes.  Probably fair to say a starting NFL wide receiver should be better than a shlub off the street.    

here's the thing though YOU mr Mckenzie are a professional football player, you are PAID to catch the football...   how bad are you going to look when a fan comes out and catches a wet football?  so I guess Josh should take this as when the football is wet dont throw it to McKenzie.

Edited by gordong

7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I’m guessing this was in response to fans getting on McKenzie about his drops.  

I hope he does not lean in on the wet ball as an excuse too much.   IMO this is a bad comparison considering most fans aren’t professional athletes.  Probably fair to say a starting NFL wide receiver should be better than a shlub off the street.    

I’d love to see some out of shape 50+ year old show up and snag 3 in a row.

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.