Allen playing!

Process

Whether or not he played, to me it was a sign of how the Bills view the #1 seed and a first round bye. To date they’ve been extra cautious with players, seemingly overly so, but when #17 can go against a quality opponent versus sitting out, everyone involved wants him to play. Let’s just hope the injury doesn’t worsen. The way I understand it, it’d have to be another hit similar to the first and that he can’t tear it further just by throwing the ball. With that said, maybe there’s a chance Keenum starts and Allen is there in case the offense can’t move the ball.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Agree 9

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems like Keenum might still start but the good news is he’s healthy enough to be active. Could play situationally? Not looking at multiple weeks 🙏

Just curious, are there other tweets suggesting that Keenum may still start? Because the tweet doesn't really suggest that at all. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems like Keenum might still start but the good news is he’s healthy enough to be active. Could play situationally? Not looking at multiple weeks 🙏

Feels like the question for Barkley getting elevated is if Josh was alright throwing the ball, if he might get hurt worse by throwing they wouldn't have had him throw at all, so since they didn't elevate Barkley Josh is alright throwing and if he's alright throwing why the hell would you have Keenum start over him?

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Whether or not he played, to me it was a sign of how the Bills view the #1 seed and a first round bye. To date they’ve been extra cautious with players, seemingly overly so, but when #17 can go against a quality opponent versus sitting out, everyone involved wants him to play. Let’s just hope the injury doesn’t worsen. The way I understand it, it’d have to be another hit similar to the first and that he can’t tear it further just by throwing the ball. With that said, maybe there’s a chance Keenum starts and Allen is there in case the offense can’t move the ball.

I don’t think they’d be playing josh at all if there was a moderate risk of the injury getting worse regardless of 1 seed implications.  What good is the 1 seed if your qb is playing at 75%. 

this seems like a case of reporters rushing to get a story out there and getting it wrong to me.  I doubt his elbow is even sprained I don’t think the bills ever confirmed that part of it even 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

It would be great if Josh's arm is in better shape than everyone assumed and he starts. But I'm not ready to say for 100% he's starting until we see him under center.

They could very well be thinking that if something happens to Keenum, Josh could hand the ball off, make an occasional short to midfield throw, and take off on option runs - which would be a much better option than Barkley.

But here's hoping!

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he’s not healthy to start then he shouldn’t be playing at all. 

Why risk it? 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t see why they would have him be the backup.  If he’s injured enough to not to start, he should be injured enough to not to be backup.  

jmo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Yeah, I really don't see this team getting cute with Allen.  He's starting and he's not coming out of the game unless he gets hurt again or the score gets out of control.  Given that the Vikings will be facing angry, pissed-off Josh, I'm hoping for a rout.

I’m assuming the game plan is going to be a lot of running and some short throws.  

Yeah I doubt he's the backup. No real upside there.

Either he is healthy enough to play and start or you hold him out. 

If Allen is backup then he's too hurt to start and therefore should not dress 

Allen as backup makes no sense. If Case struggles you can't throw a guy who's not 100% into that pressure cooker 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

Just now, GolfandBills said:

I’m assuming the game plan is going to be a lot of running and some short throws.  

Honestly, that's fine anyway.  Allen needs to get back to taking the easy underneath stuff like he was doing earlier in the season.  I'm never going to try to paint an injury as a blessing in disguise or anything, but the coaches need to be in his ear about not forcing the deep ball.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.