NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, DD4Bills said:

Pathetic from beginning to end. Can we please stop this super bowl talk nonsense?

they showed zero heart today, zero grit, zero fight. Josh played his worst game of the season (and coming on the heels of last week’s worst game of the season, that’s a huge concern). Gabe Davis has completely disappeared, total non factor. We are 1 game away of seeing Diggs true colors come out. 

Yes this is totally an overreaction to a terrible loss…but this loss was very exposing. 

Because no team that has won a Super Bowl ever had a bad game where they lost an away game to a decent team? These reactionary take are so ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Talley56 said:

It was around this time last year the Bills lost the Jacksonville.  Maybe there's something about early November where they just struggle?  Then hit their stride in December?

hopefully, but that’s nonsense if you want the one seed.  

• Agree 1

Very aggravating loss. They deserved to lose though. They didn’t play good enough on either side of the ball.

Mid season slumps are truly an annual tradition with this team. I think it started the 2nd half of that Green Bay game and obviously continued today. Hoping they get their **** together by next week. They can’t afford to drop another game now if they want any shot at the #1 seed. Heck, they need to start worrying about not even winning their division if this continues. Jets are at 6 wins. Dolphins are at 6 wins. Patriots at 5 wins. Bills have no breathing room.

• Agree 3

I'm not jumping off a cliff.......yet, but Josh seems to have reverted back to rookie Josh the last 2 weeks. The defense has been completely decimated by injuries so if they can get mostly healthy, they're still a force, but you'd be crazy not to be at least a little concerned.

• Eyeroll 1

Disappointing for sure. Season is not over, but ideally this will humble the players, coaches, and hometown pundits.  Too many dismissed the Jets and they just ran the ball down our throats and made us look soft and very undisciplined.

Karma is a b*$& and just slapped us in the face.  Josh needs to stop podcasting, thinking about commercials, and get back to being the best quarterback he can be. 

McDermott is baffling too me. I am not sure "he has the lockerroom" like most of us hope or see from the post game speeches after a win and he does get outcoached more that we would like to see.

Lots of room to improve, go Bills!

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen is a mess right now.  

Offensive flow is gross. No rhythm, no simple pass plays.  

For a pass heavy team, Gabe Davis and Isaiah McKenzie ain’t it.  Gambled on them stepping up and neither has made the jump. 

This loss is squarely on Allen and the Offense.  (Defense barely escapes the brunt of criticism)

McKenzie had a good game today, Davis was brutal, dropped a first down pass and the last pass with both hitting him in the hands.

1 minute ago, Sandhill Mike said:

Not worried about home field, Super Bowls, or any of that.  Got to win a week at a time.  Bills need to get healthy (or start having open tryouts) and figure out how to counter these heavy/run offenses.

Offense will be fine... I hope Allen's elbow is okay.  That's my biggest concern at the moment.

That’s a mistake I promise you. The Bills never lose a playoff game at home and never win one on the road. You can tell yourself it doesn’t matter all you want…it matters a lot . We might have blown out shot at this thing today. Anyone that down plays this loss is just flat wrong. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

This. This is an absolute coaching loss

Not even close. The only person on offense that played consistently great football was Diggs. On defense we are down a bunch of starters. We needed more players including our star QB to make big plays in critical moments.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.