Trade Deadline Transactions and Rumors

wppete

Trade Deadline is tomorrow, Tuesday Nov 1 at 4pm. As of now the only real discussion Buffalo has had has been talks with The Saints for Alvin Kamara but The Saints shut it down. 

Post here if you see or hear any other news about the Bills and possible trades. 

Edited by wppete
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

Trade Deadline is tomorrow, Tuesday Nov 1 at 4pm. As of now the only real discussion Buffalo has had has been talks with The Saints for Alvin Kamara but The Saints shut it down. 

Post here if you see or hear any other news about the Bills and possible trades. 

How do we know this?

• Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

How do we know this?

If there is one thing I've learned, if new leaks early about the Bills and a player its probably not true. Comes from the team or agent trying to drum up extra interest. Beane if he is working on something, is probably something no one has ever heard of yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

39 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I don't think any trades happen until Poyer's MRI results come back. Any need we had before that is now on the back burner

I would imagine they already know his MRI results, as I would hope that was done early in the AM.

Is there a known scheduled time for the MRI?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Kinda like I am by women for dates

Keep at it laddy!  All you need is one "hit," if she's the right one.  

Remember that.

• Like (+1) 1

I think a legitimate WR2/3 possession type WR makes a lot of sense, if one is available.. depending on what we may/may not have in place with OBJ.

Diggs is elite.  However, outside of him, we have playmakers.  So far Davis, Knox and McKenzie have all shown they can make splash plays, but none have emerged as a legitimate possession WR for Allen.  Shakir has the look of that, but is just a rookie. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

You didn't hear? There was a report by Jay Glazer that the Bills called to inquire about Kamara but were shot down by the Saints. Kinda like I am by women for dates

Not to speak for NewEra but I think he meant, how do we know that was the ONLY serious discussions.  It was "confirmed" that we inquired about Kamara...but I am sure that isn't the only inquiry.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I think a legitimate WR2 possession type WR makes a lot of sense, if one is available.. depending on what we may/may not have in place with OBJ.

Diggs is elite.  However, outside of him, we have playmakers.  So far Davis, Knox and McKenzie have all shown they can make splash plays, but none have emerged as a legitimate possession WR for Allen.  Shakir has the look of that, but is just a rookie. 

Yeah Bills fans got a little reminder about why Davis isn't a 1B receiver and Knox isn't anywhere near elite.   They are nice players but the Bills would benefit most.....at the least expense.........by more help at receiver.      The Packers came into last night determined not to get blown out but they DO get blown out and have to pass the football if those guys don't have a couple of their obligatory WTF? games.    Those 2 left A LOT more yardage on the table than any different RB than the Bills have would have........that is for sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Would love to grab another receiver like a Brandin Cooks. Hoping Poyer isn’t serious, but it would be smart to flip a late pick (or Zach Moss 😂) to grab a Dean Marlowe type to shore up our safety depth that appears to have taken a hit. Finally, I wouldn’t mind a move at RB (someone like Hunt), but Motor and Cook looked good last night so may be less important depending on how they project that production out the remainder of the year. Only other place would be oline, but not sure who teams would be willing to make available on their line at this point in the year (maybe Corbett? But we don’t know if he’s available or much better than what we currently have). 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I wouldn't mind seeing what the Raiders thoughts are on trading Josh Jacobs. There's no need to have Josh throwing it from inside the 5 with a RB like Jacobs.

Agree with you as I mentioned him late last week as well. My 2 cents:

Raiders put themselves in a bind by not taking his 5th year option. Now they either have to sign him to a likely pricy second contract or let him walk in the hopes of getting a comp pick. So, in theory if the Bills (or anyone, really) were to offer a 3rd it would be higher than the comp pick they would get for him by letting him walk. At 2-5 this should be their play. I could even be talked into a 2nd as our second would be at the end of they round most likely and then we would end up potentially gaining they comp pick for letting him walk. So a late second that we would give up would possibly become a late 3rd for the services of a nice power running back.

The offense has looked good so far, but we aren't that far away from the weather being an issue much like we saw last year. The Patriots game, the Falcons game...heck did we have any good weather games last year? In any even weather is going to be an issue soon and Jacobs being added to Motor and Cook just looks a lot better than the possibility of Moss getting carries because he's a "power back"

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Every year there’s tons of hype for the trade deadline and every year barely anything happens. Add in there’s already been a few moves and the odds are even lower imo. Anything can happen but generally there’s a ton of discussion for nothing. 

More like every year some idiots on TSW complain about all the "hype" for the trade deadline and every year trades that move significant players and picks happen in the NFL.    It's not the NHL/MLB/NBA where teams trade for a player and can put him in the starting lineup 6 hours later and expect results.........if those people understand that difference and are still getting too" hyped" that's a them problem.     

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every year we spend a bunch of time on the deadline and ALMOST every year nothing happens. Probably will just come and go

Yes and no. What we do know from several interviews is Beane tried to get Diggs at the trade deadline in 2019. So we know that he is out there trying, but isn't going to give up too much to do it.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

My sources have informed me that we will NOT be trading for Jaire Alexander. So that's one player we can eliminate. That leaves something like 3,519 players left.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Agree with you as I mentioned him late last week as well. My 2 cents:

Raiders put themselves in a bind by not taking his 5th year option. Now they either have to sign him to a likely pricy second contract or let him walk in the hopes of getting a comp pick. So, in theory if the Bills (or anyone, really) were to offer a 3rd it would be higher than the comp pick they would get for him by letting him walk. At 2-5 this should be their play. I could even be talked into a 2nd as our second would be at the end of they round most likely and then we would end up potentially gaining they comp pick for letting him walk. So a late second that we would give up would possibly become a late 3rd for the services of a nice power running back.

The offense has looked good so far, but we aren't that far away from the weather being an issue much like we saw last year. The Patriots game, the Falcons game...heck did we have any good weather games last year? In any even weather is going to be an issue soon and Jacobs being added to Motor and Cook just looks a lot better than the possibility of Moss getting carries because he's a "power back"

The raider locker room would implode if they trade Jacobs-  I’d love to trade a 2nd for him (because of the 3rd rd comp pick we’d get when we don’t resign him), I just don’t see them pulling the trigger on it. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Poyer is out I would expect them to send a conditional pick to the Falcons for Dean Marlowe.      Outside of that, they need to bring in another offensive weapon, unless they start to use Cook more in the slot.

I would not mind Bills resigning Dean Marlowe.  He always performed when needed but Bills had a lot of players who would get paid first and they had two top safeties.

Dean actually got paid less by Lions and would not have been surprised if Bills matched it if they had opportunity but he probably wanted chance to start.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Heard a report last week about Buf being interested in Hunt and Cam Akers.

I personally hope we don't trade for a RB. I'm more than fine with Motor as RB1 and Cook as RB2

I agree, but we are a injury to Singletary away from being in BIG trouble.  (kind of like our current Secondary situation with Poyer out).  

I'm fine with adding to Secondary (biggest need to replace/backup Poyer, IMO), WR, RB, OL (also a big need in general), 

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

You didn't hear? There was a report by Jay Glazer that the Bills called to inquire about Kamara but were shot down by the Saints. Kinda like I am by women for dates

Did the women problem start early for you too.

Lol!

Rejected Kid GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Safety is a must.  Poyer is not going to make it to the playoffs.  He has been the walking wounded for weeks now.

He looks to be getting hurt every other week.  

Not good.....

Hate it that I have to agree with this.

Maybe we should check on Jonathan Abram Safety for the Raiders?

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

When discussing Josh jacobs, why not discuss his stat line from yesterday?  😉 😘 

Why pigeonhole it? Let’s talk about his season so far😉

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The raider locker room would implode if they trade Jacobs-  I’d love to trade a 2nd for him (because of the 3rd rd comp pick we’d get when we don’t resign him), I just don’t see them pulling the trigger on it. 

What do you call what’s happening now??

18 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Did the women problem start early for you too.

Lol!

Rejected Kid GIF

I’m gonna save this for early daughter training 😎

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.