Shaq Lawson has been playing good.

akcash

Last 2-3 weeks hes been balling. 

Baltimore- Standout solo run stop around LOS late in the game. Also had a couple nice pass rushes and the key hurry/contain on Poyer's pick.

Pittsburgh- I honestly can't remember anything specific but I'm pretty sure he has a couple pressures.

Yesterday- Couple pressures and a coverage sack.

I'm glad to see he's healthy and happy for him that he's been playing good.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 8

Shaq was pretty good when he left. 
I get the feeling he just needs constant motivation or to be held accountable by people he respects or trusts. Cause he was quite bad in Miami and houston. Seemed ok with the Jets. 
Maybe it’s the rotation or even that crazy culture thing but he’s a good player here. Not his fault he wasn’t a 10 sack a year guy his draft slot said he should be. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

For all the talk this offseason that the young DEs had taken a step forward, AJE and Basham have largely been disappointments thus far. I’d like to have both those 2nd round picks back.

I disagree, at least for Boogie. I think he has shown some decent flashes so far this season. He has a ways to go to become what we need him to be, but I’d say he’s making some progress.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Shaq was pretty good when he left. 
I get the feeling he just needs constant motivation or to be held accountable by people he respects or trusts. Cause he was quite bad in Miami and houston. Seemed ok with the Jets. 
Maybe it’s the rotation or even that crazy culture thing but he’s a good player here. Not his fault he wasn’t a 10 sack a year guy his draft slot said he should be. 

Same can be said for Jordan Phillips.......these guys just seem to play their best in a Bills uniform!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Romo said it several times during the game that the Bills' 8-man DL rotation is superb.  Lawson is a huge part of that.

Beane knocked it out of the park with the way he addressed the DL in the offseason, with the crowning jewel, of course, being Von.

It's just a shame he couldn't do something about the outside WR depth.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

i was thinking we should have added him last year during hte post season.

You may have been correct on that.  Sunday Mahomes ran for 21 vs 69 last year.  

We’re definitely a lot better vs the run with DaQuan & Shaq.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, akcash said:

Baltimore- Standout solo run stop around LOS late in the game. Also had a couple nice pass rushes and the key hurry/contain on Poyer's pick.

Pittsburgh- I honestly can't remember anything specific but I'm pretty sure he has a couple pressures.

He really has!! Welcome back Shaq. Next time the Bills play the Chiefs, I'd like to see a pass rush package of Shaq/Groot/Phillips/Von. Shaq can rush yet maintain that edge. Von, Phillips, Groot can go frog hunting

9 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

For all the talk this offseason that the young DEs had taken a step forward, AJE and Basham have largely been disappointments thus far. I’d like to have both those 2nd round picks back.

I think they've both played quite well. Basham was the highest rated pass rusher in the league a few weeks ago and has a sack and int with a 31% snap count. Epenesa has 2.5 sacks with a 38% snap count

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Romo said it several times during the game that the Bills' 8-man DL rotation is superb.  Lawson is a huge part of that.

Beane knocked it out of the park with the way he addressed the DL in the offseason, with the crowning jewel, of course, being Von.

It's just a shame he couldn't do something about the outside WR depth.

This offense is a Gabe Davis ankle injury away from being stuck in the mud again.  You know that right?

Classic case of a guy who is a good player and has a long, productive NFL career, but isn't worth the draft capital spent on him.

As a DE1 and the guy you depend on to lead your team in sacks? He's just not that guy.

As a rotational guy who can set the edge, occasionally be a plus pass rusher, and definitely has a valuable role on your roster? He's great to have.

I like Shaq. Glad he came home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think they've both played quite well. Basham was the highest rated pass rusher in the league a few weeks ago and has a sack and int with a 31% snap count. Epenesa has 2.5 sacks with a 38% snap count

Basham was also the guy in Mahomes face when Elam picked the ball off in the endzone I believe. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2022 at 11:49 PM, Big Turk said:

I have always thought Lawson was underrated by people...he was turning into a pretty good pass rush guy for us and always was great against the run and setting the edge.

McDermott seems to know how to play Lawson as he's never played better. The question is if he can keep doing it with a possible increase in snaps with Miller out. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/17/2022 at 8:48 PM, akcash said:

Him and Jordan Phillips just seem to be at their best when they are here.  I am glad to see that Shaq is getting some recognition around here because he has been a strong member of this defense this year.  

• Like (+1) 3

I was going to start a Shaq appreciation thread this morning. Glad this was bumped.  His 1 year 1.1M contract turned out to be the best value signing of the offseason.  I thought of him as a 5th DL that would only be active due to injury.  Turns out he’s been our 3rd best DE and should get 55%+ of the snaps for the remainder of the season.  He’s made a handful of huge plays for us this season.

With neither AJ or Boogie showing vast improvement (yet), I would hope we

look to bring him back again next season. The question is, at what price?  I doubt 1 for 1.1M is going to cut it again.  I envision both he and Jordan leaving for “greener” pastures next year as it’ll be their last time to try and cash in on anything other than 1 year deals. 

but I hope we can retain both.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.