Tre'Davious, Micah, Jordan, Christian and Tremaine out…Defense allows 3 freaking points. Hmmmmm

BringBackFergy

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

So if it was just the scheme, did Dotson/Bernard play the scheme better than Edmunds? Let’s hear the excuses. 

Are you serious,  we let a rookie QB throw for over 300yards.  They could not finish and missed FG'S,  the fact is Edmunds is having his best season and we need him back because the Steelers have sucked on offence this season

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Edmunds has been a weak link since he came here. Putting a capable MBL made all the difference today. 

We came into the game with the second best scoring defense with Edmunds.  This while facing 2 of the top 10 scoring offenses with Edmunds.  Then we play the 23rd ranked scoring offense with a rookie QB in his first ever start, who also didn’t even score on our back ups….that was all the difference today??  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The entire TBD community can go back and see you created a quote (in italics) that was never typed by me. Yet you stay on this course and won’t retract it or remove it. I’d say that’s pretty childish. 

Everyone saw that you checked through your posts to find the quote.

You literally looked through your posts because you couldn't even remember what you said.

Do you even remember starting this thread?

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

So if it was just the scheme, did Dotson/Bernard play the scheme better than Edmunds? Let’s hear the excuses. 

You post this and then whine about others being childish?

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Talk to text. I meant Goatskin. 

Damn it. I mean Goatskin. 

Based on numbers and eye test the Bills had their worst passing defensive performance today.  Against a very green rookie with a much maligned offensive coordinator.  It's asinine to look at today and not see a significant dropoff from prior weeks.  The run defense was not tested much, and not possible to do any comparison between Edmunds and Dotson there.

We have a depleted secondary and LB core.  The play calling was clearly prevent much more than other games.  Its not feasible to attribute today's reduced performance to missing Edmunds, Poyer, gameplan, or just had luck, but it's also unlikely that missing any of them had nothing to do with it.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Rew said:

Based on numbers and eye test the Bills had their worst passing defensive performance today.  Against a very green rookie with a much maligned offensive coordinator.  It's asinine to look at today and not see a significant dropoff from prior weeks.  The run defense was not tested much, and not possible to do any comparison between Edmunds and Dotson there.

We have a depleted secondary and LB core.  The play calling was clearly prevent much more than other games.  Its not feasible to attribute today's reduced performance to missing Edmunds, Poyer, gameplan, or just had luck, but it's also unlikely that missing any of them had nothing to do with it.

Yep.

Just look from last week to this week; keeping with my Lamar vs Pickett theme since, you know, @BringBackFergy brought it up.

Pickett with 120 yards at the half and 327 yards by the end of the game.

Lamar with 108 yards at the half and 144 yards by the end of the game.

We all know who the better QB is (except maybe @BringBackFergy) but without Edmunds on defense, the lesser QB excels.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep.

Just look from last week to this week; keeping with my Lamar vs Pickett theme since, you know, @BringBackFergy brought it up.

Pickett with 120 yards at the half and 327 yards by the end of the game.

Lamar with 108 yards at the half and 144 yards by the end of the game.

We all know who the better QB is (except maybe @BringBackFergy) but without Edmunds on defense, the lesser QB excels.

Um do you think Pickett got a lot of yards in the second half because his team was down a billion and was playing backups for the 4th Q?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Um do you think Pickett got a lot of yards in the second half because his team was down a billion and was playing backups for the 4th Q?

And the Ravens by comparison were just coasting in the 2nd half with a comfortable lead?

What about the first half?

18 minutes ago, wppete said:

What is Edmunds injury? Is it along term injury?

I thought they said it was a hammy

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

And the Ravens by comparison were just coasting in the 2nd half with a comfortable lead?

What about the first half?

I thought they said it was a hammy

The Ravens were playing in a rain storm….

Josh didn’t even have a great statistical game.

Did the Bills play their backups vs the Ravens? Lmao

Edited by FireChans

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Ravens were playing in a rain storm….

Josh didn’t even have a great statistical game.

Did the Bills play their backups vs the Ravens? Lmao

If you don't like that, then check the other 4 games the Bills have played so far against better teams and QBs. Roflmao.

• Simon changed the title to Tre'Davious, Micah, Jordan, Christian and Tremaine out…Defense allows 3 freaking points. Hmmmmm
4 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The defense played very well but anyone with eyes could see that there was more available in the middle of the field for the Steelers' passing game than we've allowed in the past few weeks.  We allowed 3 points instead of 17-20 because it was a rookie QB who couldn't finish drives.  

I thought Elam got picked on some today.  (Yes he got a pic-which is nice)  He has a lot of work to do.  I like Benford's game better at this point.  I think Dane has gotten a lot better.  And brings an aggressive passionate playing style.  And Hamlin brings some presence on the back end.  The hit on Pickett wasn't dirty.  But it was a good solid shot that shook things up.  The defense has a lot of juice.  I hope we play aggressive against the Chiefs.  Don't lay back and give them easy receptions.  Our D can bring the heat.  There has been a lot of a lot of good defense played around the league over the first month of the season.  And we are a big part of that.  (And Milano is playing as well as any defensive player in the league so far)  Go Bills. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, KHAN said:

Mods: Please change title to

Tre'Davious, Micah, Jordan, Christian and Tremaine out…Defense allows 3 freaking points. Hmmmmm

Not to mention -  Not fully recovered Phillips and Oliver. 

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I thought Elam got picked on some today.  (Yes he got a pic-which is nice)  He has a lot of work to do.  I like Benford's game better at this point.  I think Dane has gotten a lot better.  And brings an aggressive passionate playing style.  And Hamlin brings some presence on the back end.  The hit on Pickett wasn't dirty.  But it was a good solid shot that shook things up.  The defense has a lot of juice.  I hope we play aggressive against the Chiefs.  Don't lay back and give them easy receptions.  Our D can bring the heat.  There has been a lot of a lot of good defense played around the league over the first month of the season.  And we are a big part of that.  (And Milano is playing as well as any defensive player in the league so far)  Go Bills. 

I am sure the Bills held the defense back in the 2nd half knowing that they are really banged up and need to avoid any further injuries.  The match up against Mahomes will be tough and they need healthy bodies to overcome the chiefs.

20 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

You’re better than this too. F*** is wrong with you people tonight?

The Edmunds haters are looking for any reason to hate, even if it's something as ludicrous as this.

"Bills D against a struggling Pitt offense with a QB playing his first NFL start, playing in bad weather, is held to 3 points.  Obviously this happened solely because Edmunds was out, proving without a shadow of a doubt he is useless and should be cut."

Do I have the meaning of the OP right?  Because it sounds pretty darn silly if I do, doesn't it?

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Bangarang said:

McD and Frazier are the masterminds behind our defense. They have a great scheme and coach everyone up so we see little drop off if guys go down. 

And we have great depth. I honestly think we could field and entire 2nd team D of:

AJE - Phillips - Settle - Boogie

Bernard - Dodson - Neal

Benford - Jaquan - Hamlin - Elam

And be a middle of the league defense. 

Defensively it is the best roster in the NFL without doubt for me. The depth on offense I do think is more patchy - at ouside receiver and oline - but nice to see Morris make a few plays as their TE2 yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

likely what happened wrt Tremmaine Edwards is this:

On the surface, they told Edwards that they want to rest him up for the Chiefs but they are gonna say he is injured so they dont appear to be disrespecting the steelers.  And its a rookie qb on his first start and we are at home

But to Brandon Beane, its a great opportunity to test what life looks like without Edwards.  I think This is the real reason.   Beane also needs Edwards and his agent to see what life looks like without Edwards.

If we had played the Chiefs today, Edwards would have played.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

likely what happened wrt Tremmaine Edwards is this:

On the surface, they told Edwards that they want to rest him up for the Chiefs but they are gonna say he is injured so they dont appear to be disrespecting the steelers.  And its a rookie qb on his first start and we are at home

But to Brandon Beane, its a great opportunity to test what life looks like without Edwards.  I think This is the real reason.   Beane also needs Edwards and his agent to see what life looks like without Edwards.

If we had played the Chiefs today, Edwards would have played.

Who?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

WHOA your OP has every single emoji displayed . That in itself is impressive to me. 🙂  I don't think you have any sort of grudge against Edmunds. It's more so you questioning his prowess. The guy has pro bowls on his resume which many of us questioned why he was elected. So  in the grand scheme of things this question is valid.  Did Dotson and Bernard play the scheme somehow better? Fair question. Controversial clearly but fair.

Edited by muppy

The guys who were out are all talented players. We need that talent against quality opponents. I’m not taking anything away from our win, but the Steelers offense is bad and inexperienced. It was a great defensive performance regardless, but a rookie QB is going to struggle against McD’s scheme. We always have a good scheme, but guys like White and Edmonds can be the difference between a win and loss against elite opponents. 

Edited by SirAndrew

14 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yes we did well, however I'd rather have the more talented players on the field. 

Mahomes and the Cheifs are a different team than a rookie QB & beat up Steelers Defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.