Buffalo was in on Patrick Peterson

BillsMafi$

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Would have loved the talent but probably too expensive unless we think Dane Jackson is not ready to start yet.

If Dane isn't ready by now, it's not likely he ever will be.  I've liked his play, but he needs to get better if he wants to be a long-term #2.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If we think Dane Jackson is not ready to start yet, why was he our primary backup such that he's started 8 regular season (6 in 2021) and 2 playoff games?

and why would we let Levi Wallace go if we didn't have confidence in Dane?

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Would have loved the talent but probably too expensive unless we think Dane Jackson is not ready to start yet.

Oh! Wow! 10 mill one year deal? IDK?

For a legend?

I thought we were collecting them? Saffold, Miller….

IDK?

It would have been cool to sign him….

Very happy to see the Bills are interested.

C’mon McBeane! Sign is that corner and this draft might turn out to be legendary.

Most impactful player in every round. Trade 5, 6 and 7 to go as high as we can….maybe a high fourth? Low third?

We would have six picks. Draft: WR, RB, CB, OL, CB or LB, P…..

We would have the most electric offense the NFL has ever seen. #1 of all-time!

Better than the greatest show on turf!

#1!

C’mon! I can feel it!

Sign Joe Haden!

Go Bills!

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

To continue in the great tradition of Vontae Davis and Josh Norman.

...and it IS an even year!!

LOL, you know Haden is shot?

• Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and why would we let Levi Wallace go if we didn't have confidence in Dane?

Wallace didn't sign for a huge amount in Pittsburgh.  I think the Bills, who have watched him closely for years, figured he just wasn't ever going to be good enough, and that someone with equivalent skills to his would be available.  I'm sure this wasn't a careless decision on the part of Beane. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

For a legend?

IDK?

C’mon McBeane! Sign is that corner and this draft might turn out to be legendary.

Most impactful player in every round. Trade 5, 6 and 7 to go as high as we can….maybe a high fourth? Low third?

#1!

C’mon! I can feel it!

Sign Joe Haden!

Go Bills!

going with the trend

• Haha (+1) 1

Peterson isn’t what he was a few years ago.  My middle son loves the Cards so I saw a logo of him in the past.

I still think we’re going for a high draft pick.  I think we will probably get a guy like Haden as a stop gap.  

The thing is it’s likely Tre could be out for September.  Maybe not and we get good news in August.

21 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Pat P out. Go get Joe Haden instead. 

I don’t know who, but I do expect a vet before the draft. That’s how we roll. 

We should be “in on” just about everyone who is available. That is their job. To what degree is the real issue. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

To continue in the great tradition of Vontae Davis and Josh Norman.

...and it IS an even year!!

Difference is Haden can still actually play some. Granted, Haden isn’t what he was, but those other guys were basically cooked. I’m only looking for a guy with some experience that can hold the fort if Tre isn’t ready for the first month or so. Still think they draft a guy (or 2) regardless of if they bring in a vet. 

You have a vet corner you want to see them bring in? Or are you in the draft only camp?

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Difference is Haden can still actually play some. Granted, Haden isn’t what he was, but those other guys were basically cooked. I’m only looking for a guy with some experience that can hold the fort if Tre isn’t ready for the first month or so. Still think they draft a guy (or 2) regardless of if they bring in a vet. 

You have a vet corner you want to see them bring in? Or are you in the draft only camp?

I was kidding a bit, but clearly Beane and McD felt that those 2 guys were far from "cooked" when they brought them in.

I mean even Davis knew he was done...

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd rather go with the guy that Peterson replaced in Minnesota, Xavier Rhodes he did great with the Colts' zone defense last year.

I forgot about him and would be totally OK with that I don’t care about the name on the back of the jersey I care that they excel in zone coverage that’s why I didn’t want Gilmore

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

..because obviously the Bills front office is incompetent. If they hadn't drafted Josh Allen, they would really be screwed!

I have a lot of faith in the FO but that doesn't mean every move they make is a good one.  The best GMs make mistakes.  And right now Beane has me worried about the CB position.  

But the offseason is far from over.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

For a legend?

IDK?

#1!

C’mon! I can feel it!

Sign Joe Haden!

Go Bills!

Wait I’m confused-if the Bills sign Joe Haden they will have the best offense ever??? How exactly does that work? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.