Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't understand? What does Judon have to do with anything 

He was just on Twitter the other day complaining how hard it was to recruit.  Well no ***** it's hard to recruit when Mac Jones is your QB.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So many ungrateful ***** on here

Seriously before the deal everyone one is like "Beans asleep at the wheel what's he doing got to go all in."

Afterwards "What's he doing that's way too much."

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was thinking that being torn between sticking with a team that took a shot at you that you've won with and going to a new team that's never won 1 and being a part of that kind of made sense.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

LOOOOOOOOOOL

What's he even doing at this point, he's making it way too easy.

• Haha (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I know it’s a nickel and dime league now, that the 4-3 vs 3-4 discussion is almost irrelevant, and that rushing the passer is rushing the passer, but still…

Its worth noting that this will be Miller’s first time being a full time 4-3 edge.

Well, one thing we know is that McDermott and Beane are not stupid and do their homework.  In my mind there is very little chance that they haven't already gotten past this concern.    And there's very little chance that Miller doesn't have the attitude to fit into this defense - that's always the first question for McBeane.   They sure as heck weren't going to burn tens and tens of millions of dollars on a guy who didn't fit.  

The fact that they signed him means there's little question about the kind of impact he'll have on the defense, if he stays healthy.  

Bills used Addison almost exclusively as an edge rusher last year.   Imagine Miller playing where Addison was.   Whew!

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Totally agree.  I didn't want the Bills to break the bank for just any player.  Von Miller is the type of player you break the bank for.  He plays big in big games...especially the playoffs.  Something Chandler didn't do and something our defense last season didn't do.  I said we needed a "Josh" on defense...especially after Tre went down.  Von Miller is that kind of player!

Bingo.

Chandler Jones makes a Pro Bowl here and there.

Von Miller wins Super Bowls and makes the Hall of Fame.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Sry if this us stupid question, but does he fit our defense? I know nothing about it, but we play 4-3 and as far as I know he used to play 3-4 OLB.

Anyway I trust Beane and McD on this one :)

He can do a lot of things. Early in his career he played a lot of 4-3 off the ball sam and a bunch of over and under (which is essentially a 3-4 OLB alignment). McDermott used to play a ton of 4-3 under in Carolina but has not shown a ton of it here. In 4-2-5 Von is a defensive end. He’s going to pin back and rush the passer, from the right or the left side. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, davefan66 said:

Kinda makes me laugh at all of the “Bills interested in….”

We all should know by now that if we're quoted as being "in" on a player, we're not.  These moves come out of left field.  Never play poker with that man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, davefan66 said:

Kinda makes me laugh at all of the “Bills interested in….”

I believe they were interested in all FA/available top pass rushers. But their interest in von Miller goes back to last year so I think he was their top target. They tried to trade for him at the deadline. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

This is going to be incredible for Gregory Rousseau. Hope he soaks up all of Von Miller’s rushing Techniques. Miller is a true technician.

This. I was saying this about Diggs and drafting a young WR. It makes a Diggs contract so much more valuable, because a young WR can learn from the best. Rousseau and Boogie can now learn from the best.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Seriously before the deal everyone one is like "Beans asleep at the wheel what's he doing got to go all in."

Afterwards "What's he doing that's way too much."

I was thinking that being torn between sticking with a team that took a shot at you that you've won with and going to a new team that's never won 1 and being a part of that kind of made sense.

What's he even doing at this point, he's making it way too easy.

McKissics wishy washy way of changing his mind several times is worse than my girlfriend

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, one thing we know is that McDermott and Beane are not stupid and do their homework.  In my mind there is very little chance that they've already gotten past this concern.    And there's very little chance that Miller doesn't have the attitude to fit into this defense - that's always the first question for McBeane.   They sure as heck weren't going to burn tens and tens of millions of dollars on a guy who did fit.  

The fact that they signed him means there's little question about the kind of impact he'll have on the defense, if he stays healthy.  

Bills used Addison almost exclusively as an edge rusher last year.   Imagine Miller playing where Addison was.   Whew!

At least we know he’ll be fresh for the playoffs, since he’ll be in rotation with 26 other guys.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe they were interested in all FA/available top pass rushers. But their interest in von Miller goes back to last year so I think he was their top target. They tried to trade for him at the deadline. 

The whole 'interested' thing is stupid. Of course they are interested in all the top guys. Interest doesn't just mean they want to sign him. They need information about the market, they learn about trends in contract structuring, what other teams are doing, etc. 

I would not be surprised if Von Miller was their target all along. Jones is talented, but he's not the same kind of leader. Jones is talking about 'the right scheme' which is pretty obvious he doesn't want to drop into coverage. Von Miller is a grit and glue guy. 

Von Miller would die before he let 13 seconds happen with him on the field. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.