Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Will Von Miller become only the second player in NFL history to win a Super Bowl with three different teams? That's what Bills fans are counting on.

Personally, those odds make me nervous (which will surprise no one).

I don't know who the first is, but I think this raises another aspect of this deal.    Was there a Super Bowl winner on the team last season?   Did Sanders win won?   At Denver?   At Pittsburgh?   

Bills definitely had a meltdown at the end of the KC game, and I put it on McDermott.  But one takeaway from that game is that the team needs some leadership from a proven winner.   I mean leadership from Jerry Hughes and Micah Hyde is nice, and Allen is fine, but he's still a kid.   Miller is a guy who can stand up in the locker room and say, "All right, I'm gonna tell you how it is.  Listen up!"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This contract is the Chandler Jones contract on steroids. Pay no attention to 6 years or $120 million. It's basically 3 years for $52 million or so.

Right he will absolutely be worth 17 million this and next season but even if he hits 35 and cools off it’s still well worth it imo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

My god, some people on this board.  "Yeah., we won the Superbowl and all.....but why'd we give Von Miller that contract!!!!"

Should I be mad like you?

You almost always are mad on here... which is why I asked in Beane is threatening you for making a positive post. 

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Reminds me of the day we signed Mario Williams.

This is bigger.  Mario came here as a 1st overall pick.  Von's coming here as a hall of fame EDGE.  We just got the closest thing we've seen to Lawrence Taylor, since Lawrence Taylor.  

1 minute ago, Billsguy said:

Insanely bad contract for the Bills. A good contract if it was 2016. Great deal for Miller.

Are you just saying stuff or do you have stats and facts to back it up? I'll also you need to start with:

"I understand that it's not actually a six year contract and has 3 voidable years."

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Congratulations on being the most petty member of TBD today.  You win the internet gold star. 

Oh, poor mistreated BillsVet - someone calls you out for your relentless cheap shots at Beane throughout the day, and you become all indignant.  Poor boy.

Did Beane go to the Porsche shop and then order extra Guacomole?  Is he still an old uncle whistling at the cost, or whatever little clever digs you could get in,?

How ironic you now call Logic petty.  No sympathy here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Malazan said:

Are you just saying stuff or do you have stats and facts to back it up? I'll also you need to start with:

"I understand that it's not actually a six year contract and has 3 voidable years."

People only look at sack totals…they don’t watch highlights.  You’re gonna see a lot of ‘he had an average amount of sacks’ lol

And one more thing:  Imagine being a Buffalo Bills player as these days approached, wondering if your team was going to do anything.   Imagine how those guys are feeling tonight.   

The Bills ask a lot of their players, and they tell them that they will get them the help they need.   Well, tonight those guys are 100% sold on their team.   Even AJ and Rousseau and Basham, they're like, "hell, yeah!"  Hughes and Addison?  Well, I'm sure they're worried personally, but they're in awe of what there team can accomplish.  

Oliver?  How do you think Oliver feels tonight?

Allen?   He wants to lace 'em up tomorrow morning.  

Diggs?  Are you kidding?  Diggs is sold.  If the Bills are telling him he needs to restructure to make some room, he's saying "where do I sign?"

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

People only look at sack totals…they don’t watch highlights.  You’re gonna see a lot of ‘he had an average amount of sacks’ lol

He was 15th in sacks. Two DEs on the field so he was above average based on sacks alone. 

Just now, Shaw66 said:

And one more thing:  Imagine being a Buffalo Bills player as these days approached, wondering if your team was going to do anything.   Imagine how those guys are feeling tonight.   

The Bills ask a lot of their players, and they tell them that they will get them the help they need.   Well, tonight those guys are 100% sold on their team.   Even AJ and Rousseau and Basham, they're like, "hell, yeah!"  Hughes and Addison?  Well, I'm sure they're worried personally, but they're in awe of what there team can accomplish.  

Oliver?  How do you think Oliver feels tonight?

Allen?   He wants to lace 'em up tomorrow morning.  

Diggs?  Are you kidding?  Diggs is sold.  If the Bills are telling him he needs to restructure to make some room, he's saying "where do I sign?"

Hughes is a FA he's likely gone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.