JD Mckissic to Bills 2 year, 7 million

BillsMafi$

15 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

This is Brieda 2.0 meh

Absolutely not. Breida's only positive that he brought to the team was pure speed. McKissic is a pass catching/scat back. He's going to serve the same type role as what NE always had in James White. 

11 minutes ago, Process said:

120 catches over the past two years. 

That's a lot of money for a 3rd down back. He's also not fast.

Would have preferred Mckinnon who brings more speed and would likely be cheaper. 

But don't hate it.

McKinnon has a much more lengthy injury history. I'm good with this signing. Another weapon for Josh and a change-of-pace RB. 

• Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

OR he will take that roll on and Moss is gone and Singletary isnt out of the backfield as much.

I doubt that, also his % will go down no matter what bmc the Bills don't use the RBs as much as other teams.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Like the player.  Cost is on my higher end of what I would ever pay a RB.  4M and above AVG is my I hate the contract price.

So knowing that I am good with this signing.  Will like alot more if Moss gets moved.

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Now folks are gonna have to spell out a name instead of writing McK. 😂 

We can use I-Mac for little dirty😁👍

• Agree 1

There's our James White, every championship teams have these types of do everything players, now with him and McKenzie I expect some big things. I still think we add a deep threat in the draft at WR to give even more headaches to defensive coordinators on opposing teams.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

McKinnon has a much more lengthy injury history. I'm good with this signing. Another weapon for Josh and a change-of-pace RB. 

what pace does he bring?  How come there are no change of pace WRs?

Edited by nucci

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Is he that fast? All I can find is a 4.58 40 

No he's not fast so there probably aren't going to be any 30-40 yard plays............ but there is no wasted motion with him when he gets the ball so he plays a lot faster in the 10-15 yard area near the LOS.    

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

I doubt that, also his % will go down no matter what bmc the Bills don't use the RBs as much as other teams.

Except their 21 %s are exactly the same..  But either way here is your RB2

Just now, Ray Finkel said:

Exactly.  They don’t use that type of back properly.  You can have a mismatch in the passing game all day but we never send tha back out on a wheel route.

And do we have the same OC?  The reality is you have no Idea how Dorsey will use the RB.  If anything with Dorsey and Shula I would say they would use their RBs similar to Carolina does.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

Meh. I feel like the Bills offseason plan is to maintain the status quo. I know we dont have cap space blah blah blah. If you dont have cap space you dont need an $4M per RB that may not see the field. Spend under $1M on a JAG and use the money elsewhere. Hey we could be fine and battle through the playoffs. Still time - but wish they made a run at the big impact need for a pass rusher or another WR. 

• Eyeroll 4
  • Dislike 1

Thats alot of money for unheralded 3rd down player. He'll need to be out there every 3rd down to see that value and he won't catch nearly as many balls here. (I say 25-30). At least he's good @ picking up the blitz. I imagine this will be his primary role, blitz pickup and outlet passes.

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I get why folks are excited, and he seems to be an upgrade over Breida. But how much of those big receiving numbers comes from WFT sucking, and them checking it down a lot?

The teams that have somewhat stunted our offense did so by bracketing Diggs and forcing us into the short/check down  game.  Now we have one of the best check down rbs in the league.  And he can pass block

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Like the player.  Cost is on my higher end of what I would ever pay a RB.  4M and above AVG is my I hate the contract price.

So knowing that I am good with this signing.  Will like alot more if Moss gets moved.

Yeah I'd like to see the contract details........it's a bit more than I thought they would spend,  I was thinking $2.5M for that position with him or James White and less if they settled for McKinnon due to his injury history.     $4M is an outright lead RB nowadays.

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No he's not fast so there probably aren't going to be any 30-40 yard plays............ but there is no wasted motion with him when he gets the ball so he plays a lot faster in the 10-15 yard area near the LOS.    

Screw trying to force chunk plays.  Move the damn chains!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Exactly.  They don’t use that type of back properly.  You can have a mismatch in the passing game all day but we never send tha back out on a wheel route.

Who is they?  Daboll?  When is the last time that you saw Dorsey call a football game?  I’ll wait

• Like (+1) 3

This guy can be more than a third down back.  He may be used in lieu of a traditional slot receiver like Beasley.  I believe that this is a very good signing and cheaper than the Edmonds signing by Miami.  McKissic and Edmonds are backs with very similar skills.  Beane continues to fill needs without breaking the bank.  He is setting up the Bills to have a good draft (CB, WR, and Edge ).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Meh. I feel like the Bills offseason plan is to maintain the status quo. I know we dont have cap space blah blah blah. If you dont have cap space you dont need an $4M per RB that may not see the field. Spend under $1M on a JAG and use the money elsewhere. Hey we could be fine and battle through the playoffs. Still time - but wish they made a run at the big impact need for a pass rusher or another WR. 

what? May not see the field....why do you say that? So you want a crappy RB on the team just because it's cheaper? Trying to win a SB

• Like (+1) 2