Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

58 minutes ago, Magox said:

I am very confused. What is Engram doing after he catches the football? It looks like he is running or something after he catches it. I didn’t know it was possible, is it legal? I thought you were supposed to get down right away. Weird.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

NFL Network James Jones just projected Allen Robinson wearing a Bills uniform. Quote "thing goin get dangerous up there".....

whoa that would be wild. Robinson played quite a bit in the slot so he can slide there as well

Edited by aristocrat
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

whoa that would be wild 

Greg Rosenthal has Robinson ranked #8 in his top 100 free agents. 6-3 runs a 4.47 and redzone threat. It would cost Beane ~16/yr?  Intriguing....he's had garbage qbs his whole career? Not sure how I feel about this with the rise of Gabe?  Chargers paying a duo 20 each.  Stef has to restructure......

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

i've heard worse ideas, him and knox on field together would cause big match up issues for defenses

Knox said engram was one of his mentors at ole miss when he moved to TE. He never played TE before he got there. I like it. 

22 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Who said it was going to be "shocking"? You can make a "big splash" without it being shocking. Von Miller, JC Jackson, Chandler Jones, Allen Robinson, Rob Gronkowski would all be big splashes.

JC Jackson is going to be a charger I think 

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am all for signing Engram to pair with Knox, would be a really challenging duo for defenses to cover

He could actually play a quasi slot/TE role.

Extremely athletic and you can see that he has a somewhat thick build.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think we need to be prepared for 12 personnel to become a much bigger part of the Bills offense. Less slot receiver targets, more flex/TE2 targets.

Whether that means Gronk, Engram, Rudolph, or a draftee, I think it’s going to happen. Tommy Sweeney won’t be the guy.

They may essentially give Beasley’s money, and a bunch of his snaps and targets, to a TE2/flex type.

12 Personnel with Engram please

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Engram has 31 dropped passes over his first 5 years, most in the league in that time I believe. His 4.43 speed at 240 lbs is so enticing, kind of like Edmunds incredible potential, but if you aren't catching the ball .....

Were all the drops catchable? Could he perhaps be better with a better QB and at TE 2 vs TE 1?

• Like (+1) 1

Darrynton Evans released from Tenn, for those who want a speed RB.

16 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Engram has 31 dropped passes over his first 5 years, most in the league in that time I believe. His 4.43 speed at 240 lbs is so enticing, kind of like Edmunds incredible potential, but if you aren't catching the ball .....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EngrEv00/gamelog/advanced/

That has 23 drops over 50 games. He had 6 last year, which isn’t a horrible number. 

It depends how much 12 personnel they run, and if they see Engram as a potential slot WR, but from where I am standing the guy is a suspect blocker, doesnt have great hands, and has missed 20% of his games.   I am all for the Bills taking a flyer on the guy, but I wouldnt spend more than 2 million to bring the guy in.   I hope someone overpays so we dont have to find out, but no way I am paying my backup tight end more than Knox.

25 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

I don't think they would even try to use Engram as a traditional TE. Just a big, athletic pass catcher that could create mismatches

Yep. He’s a slot receiver. I would rather have him in the slot than some of the other guys being discussed here. And he also runs 4.4

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

NFL Network James Jones just projected Allen Robinson wearing a Bills uniform. Quote "thing goin get dangerous up there".....

Could you imagine if they sign Robinson and Gronk. Then draft CB, DL and OL in the draft. Sweet baby Jesus! 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

If you had to bet would you say we're signing guys early in the FA window or waiting around for prices to drop?

It pretty much depends on what other moves they make prior to the league new year.   If they extend Diggs and renegotiate a couple contracts in addition to a few more cut s or a trade, then we may be signing guys early.  If we just keep on with what we’re doing so far, we have no choice but to wait for prices to drop

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Were all the drops catchable? Could he perhaps be better with a better QB and at TE 2 vs TE 1?

I didn’t see 31 drops, but if it’s a scored drop it’s supposed to be catchable

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

He ran the same 40 time as Isaiah McKenzie. Dude is crazy athletic for his size. Him and Knox up the seams would be a problem for defenses.

It would be like when the Pats had Gronk and Hernandez

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Darrynton Evans released from Tenn, for those who want a speed RB.

If I recall correctly the Bills were all over Evans pre-draft and he went way earlier than expected.

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Not really. Gronk knew how to block. Knox/Engram not so much

True, plus Hernandez murdered people. So a little different. 

Knox ain’t bad. Engram is a receiver. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

It depends how much 12 personnel they run, and if they see Engram as a potential slot WR, but from where I am standing the guy is a suspect blocker, doesnt have great hands, and has missed 20% of his games.   I am all for the Bills taking a flyer on the guy, but I wouldnt spend more than 2 million to bring the guy in.   I hope someone overpays so we dont have to find out, but no way I am paying my backup tight end more than Knox.

More than 2M? Lol.  I thought I was being stringy @ 4-5M max

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.