Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who has ESPN+ and can find the rumor Thad is referring to?

First, I live in Roch and Thad is the head sports guy for our CBS affiliate here, and a major Fing Dbag,  Don't put any faith in his inside sources.

Second, I have ESPN+, but it's mainly 200ish channels of  D1 college, soccer, and other things that the networks don't show.  What would I be looking for?

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

Even if I were to believe the rumors, again, if it gets them a good player, why not?

because the owner is telling the GM to do something other than his plan.  That’s bad ownership 99.9% of the time.  Beane knows football and is paid handsomely to build this team.  

• Like (+1) 2

Bills get the Ramsey and Donald. 

Our new home will be “Los Angeles Field at St Louis Rams Stadium”

League doesn’t have to pay back the city of STL.

Source: Kim Pegula’s MS Paint presentation on MySpace. 

Something, something. Ground up and in the freezer.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Splash move with negative cap space?

Are we going to sign a pro-bowl long snapper?

remember the like 100 “omg how did they sign that guy” threads the last few years? 

that said, can’t imagine pegula saying “you better steal headlines this free agency” but could see a “we need to win now” comment 

• Like (+1) 1

Signing Gronk would be the most exciting they could REALISTICALLY do to increase sales, generate massive hype.  And should be a reasonable cost.  

He'd instantly be the #2 highest selling jersey on the team and you'll see him in every national ad in Bills gear and the local ads he'll be in - every other commercial.

You want splash and impact there it is.  

Do I personally think this will happen, no.  

9 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yes, there are restructuring options and possible cuts but; one, Beane is not splashy in the FA period; two, the Bills have no cap space; three, the Pegula’s do not appear to be meddling owners worried about ticket sales.

These factors make it highly unlikely that the Bills make a big FA splash. The only way they land somebody “big” is if that person gives the Bills a sweetheart contract because they want a chance to win the Lombardi.

While true-to date about Beane, it’s now time for finishing touches. Adding a premiere player at this stage of team growth is a standard tactic with a very good track record for trophy success.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean, thinking logically about this roster what could it even be? Gronk is about it. Unless there is a name at RB that I’m not expecting 

Kalil Mack or Saquon Barkley come to mind.  Both of their respective teams are in build for the future mode...both guys are wasting away on bad teams...I realize, Barkley is a huge injury risk...I wouldn't be thrilled with them spending that money...but Mack, I am open to.  Just have to see what ripple it would have on the rest of the salary cap.  When a team really wants something, cap woes be damned, they usually find a way to make it happen

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

because the owner is telling the GM to do something other than his plan.  That’s bad ownership 99.9% of the time.  Beane knows football and is paid handsomely to build this team.  

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

why wouldn’t they do that anyway?

Maybe a change is needed?  Get a stud defensive full-time player instead of multiple wave players.

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure it is.  You're just focusing on the part you want.  Which has no facts to back it up.

The OP posted this:

#Bills rumor here is a splash move in free agency because Pegulas want to keep fans happy/enthusiasts despite huge public bill for stadium coming."

It is, literally, the subject of the thread.  I am therefore focusing on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Signing Gronk would be the most exciting they could REALISTICALLY do to increase sales, generate massive hype.  And should be a reasonable cost.  

He'd instantly be the #2 highest selling jersey on the team and you'll see him in every national ad in Bills gear and the local ads he'll be in - every other commercial.

You want splash and impact there it is.  

Signing Gronk would be a great team bolstering move!  TE2 is a need.  And Gronk is more than TE2.  If the FO can get Gronk in here for a home discount of $8M or less it is a great move for the team.  While it has Splash to some of us, others as noted in threads actually don't like it.

But the problem with the OP is that it treats any move as being done for Splash.  The Bills have tried to add high end FAs before - see JJ Watt/ Z Ertz but they have a figure in mind and have been outbid.  How can you assess the move without knowing the contract details?  Bills fans would have a right to be excited if the FO could bring in a Gronk or a Chandler Jones.  To proactively call out any such move as initiated by the Pegulas with the intent of Splash is trolling.  And now if any move is done there is no need to wonder what these trolls think of it, their bias is clearly already establised.

The Bills have enough followers that there seems to be a niche market developed for Anti-Bills clicks.  Obscure people/sources can see increased activity now by creating blogs/articles/twitters that are negative about the Bills.

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The OP posted this:

#Bills rumor here is a splash move in free agency because Pegulas want to keep fans happy/enthusiasts despite huge public bill for stadium coming."

It is, literally, the subject of the thread.  I am therefore focusing on it. 

Do yourself a favor and read the first part of that sentence.  And then realize that this is little more than a rumor at this point.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do yourself a favor and read the first part of that sentence.  And then realize that this is little more than a rumor at this point.

of course it’s a rumor.  Everyone got that.  You missed what the rumor is: splashy signing as a distraction for the fans for the cost of the stadium.

and….if true, it’s sad and cynical they would think that lowly of the fans’ intelligence. 

Keep up

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.