Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that buy Bills and Sabres season tickets, I just don't know any of them. 

It's pretty expensive. I'm sure that's part of the point Kim was making.

I agree.  Just saying that even if the Sabres were a good team, it wouldn't lead to more Sabres fans buying Bills STs. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Only really big splash that would shock me is davante Adams. No way bills can afford him though 

who is the most high profile current player Bills coukd lose?

could be an actual player trade like Beasley for X

given their cap…who could they even afford that could evrn jump into the pool at the big person end of the pool.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

No player mentioned. Just speculating that they make a big move to keep fans happy because they are going to have to pay for a new stadium. 

The concept is readily understandable, so much so it is probably another manufactured attention grabbing headline, like to see if they have any "proof"?

Yes, there are restructuring options and possible cuts but; one, Beane is not splashy in the FA period; two, the Bills have no cap space; three, the Pegula’s do not appear to be meddling owners worried about ticket sales.

These factors make it highly unlikely that the Bills make a big FA splash. The only way they land somebody “big” is if that person gives the Bills a sweetheart contract because they want a chance to win the Lombardi.

• Like (+1) 1

Biggest move in name value would be Barkley or McCafferey.  I would like a pass rusher but that might not be flashy but is practical.   The narrative that Beane doesnt do flashy moves is inaccurate.  Watkins, Dareus, Benjamin and Diggs would all be big moves by NFL standards.  He was also first in on AB.  

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Biggest move in name value would be Barkley or McCafferey.  I would like a pass rusher but that might not be flashy but is practical.   The narrative that Beane doesnt do flashy moves is inaccurate.  Watkins, Dareus, Benjamin and Diggs would all be big moves by NFL standards.  He was also first in on AB.  

WR. A lot of names out there.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who has ESPN+ and can find the rumor Thad is referring to?

That's the "stinkin' thinkin' " of the Russ Brandon "drought" years - ***** building a great team, just make some splash move in FA or the draft so you can excite the fan base.

So I hope it's not true.  How plugged in is Thad Brown usually?

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

"Buffalo Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula were visible presences at the combine, and that team could make a big off-field headline in the next couple of weeks regarding a deal with Buffalo and Erie County for a new stadium.

That project would include a great deal of public financing, which is one reason a lot of people here are eyeing the Bills as a team that could make a big free-agent splash. Billionaires asking the taxpayers to help fund their new stadiums is a tough proposition all the time, but if you're going to do it, it's best to keep enthusiasm for the team as high as possible.

The Bills have been knocking on the Super Bowl door the past couple of years, but don't rule out a big-splash move aimed at getting them over that hump and making sure Bills fans' excitement remains at a froth."

Written by Graziano

So basically Graziano is speculating that the Pegulas will tell Beane to "fluff" the fan base with a big FA splash.

Nothing to see here, Move Along.

• Agree 3

43 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that buy Bills and Sabres season tickets, I just don't know any of them. 

It's pretty expensive. I'm sure that's part of the point Kim was making.

It's not just that. The Sabres need a new facility too from what I've been told. Crazy in my opinion since it was built in 95', but reports are it is one of the worst in the NHL. And theres smoke around them selling the Sabres.  More than just rumors.

They got a sweetheart deal on the Bills and a deal that guarantees them (and every other team) to print money with revenue sharing. I get it that times are not good in the fracking business, but they are fighting any more out of pocket spending tooth and nail. Not good in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

It's not just that. The Sabres need a new facility too from what I've been told. Crazy in my opinion since it was built in 95', but reports are it is one of the worst in the NHL. And theres smoke around them selling the Sabres.  More than just rumors.

They got a sweetheart deal on the Bills and a deal that guarantees them (and every other team) to print money with revenue sharing. I get it that times are not good in the fracking business, but they are fighting any more out of pocket spending tooth and nail. Not good in my opinion.

They've spent a lot of money. They will make a lot of money. I don't really care about all that. The Sabres are in a rebuild both on the ice and off. Financially I expect more of a Golisano approach moving forward but they won't let top guys walk.

Fans should really leave the business side a lone. As Buffalo fans we'll always have a sweetheart deal compared to other cities. We really have nothing to complain about in terms of the business side. 

They are looking to sell a minority stake I believe. I'm guessing it gets done pretty soon. Also yes, the Arena is approaching 30 years old. That will be a discussion over the next decade.

Not against any free agent who can help - big splash or small ripple - just be a solid contributor.  Hope Pegula just lets Beane do his thing with FA - last thing we need is a meddlesome owner.  Buffalo is already a hot destination for FAs with Allen at QB and it's not like we need to bring in a big name just to appear relevant (e.g. Terrell Owens) because Buffalo is already relevant.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean, thinking logically about this roster what could it even be? Gronk is about it. Unless there is a name at RB that I’m not expecting 

Chandler Jones.  Come back to upstate NY

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They've spent a lot of money. They will make a lot of money. I don't really care about all that. The Sabres are in a rebuild both on the ice and off. Financially I expect more of a Golisano approach moving forward but they won't let top guys walk.

Fans should really leave the business side a lone. As Buffalo fans we'll always have a sweetheart deal compared to other cities. We really have nothing to complain about in terms of the business side. 

They are looking to sell a minority stake I believe. I'm guessing it gets done pretty soon. Also yes, the Arena is approaching 30 years old. That will be a discussion over the next decade.

let me know how you feel when the new ticket prices are announced along with $4-6K PSLs. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Chandler Jones, JC Jackson, or Scherf are the only FAs im down for with splash $

I want no part of paying Jc Jackson what he’s going to get paid.  Oh HELL NO

would love Scherf but I think he’ll be the highest paid OG and it might be too rich for the length of the deal. Jones might do a 1-2 year deal.  

Edited by NewEra

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.