Bills reportedly interested in free agent edge rusher Uchenna Nwosu

Bag of Milk

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Meh.....

Take that money and put it towards Chandler Jones. We need proven players that are difference makers.

We have enough jags.

DE charles Harris

Age 27

Tkls 65

Sacks 8

QB hits 16

Market 8.6

Seems pricey but we are paying Addison over 10 mil

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

His break out season in a contract year equaled 5 sacks. Of course not sure about pressures which I keep getting told are just as important as sacks. Also not sure what % his snap count was. 

I actually think I'd rather hang on to Addison at that rate. He got to the QB a bit and played pretty limited snaps.  Would likely be less expensive as well.

Uchenna Nwosu

25 year-old OLB for Chargers

6-2", 251 pounds

Played in 17 games, started 15 of them

Played 782 snaps, or a 67% snap count

40 tackles, 8 tackles for a loss

1 interception, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery

5 sacks, 17 QB hits

He blitzed the QB 57 times to the tune of:

5 sacks, 13 QB hurries (five of which he hit but didn't knock down the QB), 12 QB knock-downs

So, 30 total combined QB pressures 

Apparently the bulk of his production came in the second half of last season, so some are looking at it as the light finally came on

and he is an ascending player. Others think it was too small a sample size in 4 years to guarantee big success in the future.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

Our reality, likely, is that our outside pass rush will be dependent upon any of the young guys making a jump.. Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa. 

Exactly this.   And that’s what the Bills should be expecting to happen with draft picks.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Huh????

What do you mean, "huh"?

It was pretty straight forward what I said. You invest the draft capital the Bills have in those three players you want give them a chance and develop and step up their games.

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Odd.  He is a 3-4 OLB through and through.  Decent player, but not a world beater by any means.

I believe that he plays OLB in the Chargers base 3-4 and DE in their Nickel.  Seems like he’d have much better value to a 3-4 team. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I believe that he plays OLB in the Chargers base 3-4 and DE in their Nickel.  Seems like he’d have much better value to a 3-4 team. 

He plays DE when they are in Nickel, which is out base D. Fit is probably fine. He has all the same measurables as Jerry Hughes. Dude has a non stop motor and is all over the field when you watch him play. Def more of an OLB, but he still fits here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Meh.....

Take that money and put it towards Chandler Jones. We need proven players that are difference makers.

We have enough jags.

This ^^^^^^^^^*

21 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Meh.....

We have enough jags.

I agree with this approach finally. It’s time to get a guy that when the playoffs come and you need that play maker, he can step up. This D has a ton of good players and some greats, White is elite, but we haven’t had an elite Dlineman since Mario Williams. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Nwosu went in the area where they were drafting in the second round that year before they traded those two picks to move up for Josh Allen. So it makes sense that he may have been their target in the second before the trade up. 

Nwosu, Donte Jackson, Christian Kirk, Connor Williams, DJ Chark are all guys drafted in that area who are upcoming free agents. Those are the guys they missed out on as a result of the trade. No regerts there. 

They missed out on Fred Warner, Sam Hubbard, and Mark Andrews because they traded up for Edmunds. Def a little remorse there, but the thought process made sense. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He plays DE when they are in Nickel, which is out base D. Fit is probably fine. He has all the same measurables as Jerry Hughes. Dude has a non stop motor and is all over the field when you watch him play. Def more of an OLB, but he still fits here. 

I guess he’d fill a need, but he’s definitely not an optimum fit here.  We’d be bidding against teams that can utilize his full skill set and while he seems competent as a pass rusher he has not proven to be a difference maker in that regard.  The projection to how he’d do full time as a DE is not straight forward either.  Maybe he improves and does well because it’s all he focuses on or maybe the additional exertion and pounding hinders him.  If he’s really looking at a 5/60 contract, then I’m looking elsewhere. 

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, Beast said:

Epenesa and Basham heading into their second year and Epenesa into his third. Time for these guys to start performing. 

Please for the love of god RE-READ your statement above, comprehend it please.......hence the Huh???

• Haha (+1) 1

Other than familiarity with Mahomes and the Chiefs, I'm not sure this is a move I would like because of the production on paper and it seems it would just be another average type of player added a position that truly needs an overhaul and at least one true proven playmaker.

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Please for the love of god RE-READ your statement above, comprehend it please.......hence the Huh???

Yes, the dreaded typo. I guess it was a real hard mystery for some to figure out I meant Basham, Rousseau and Epenesa.

Edited by Beast

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This team is obsessed with having as many C- Defense ends as possible. Stop bringing in and rotating 6 or 7 of them and find 1 good one.

It's baffling that after everything that has happened with this team and not being able to sniff Mahomes again that they would want to double down on 'rotation' and invest in players like this.

So hopefully it's not true, or if it has any credence it's a move that will happen in addition to bringing in a marque veteran pass rusher.

• Dislike 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.