6 reasons to hate the Pro Bowl, add your own

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

It was boring,back in those days...

Back in the old days this was a big Rivalry. NFC vs AFC. Then the league and player agents ruined the game because players could get hurt.

Great show, lousy game  :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

for f's sake, stop the NHL and NFL all star games.   turned it on for 5 sec just now, renfrow catch a pass and they tagged him.  OMG

It’s only touch football now. It’s been unwatchable for years. NHL game is just as embarrassing. 

No reason to fix the Pro Bowl. It is not a competitive game because there is nothing to gain. Asking players to risk their livelihood for no real reward is hilarious. Unless there's specifically worded protection built into every NFL contract, it is a significant career risk for what amounts to a preseason game check. Might as well ask why Salvation Army bell ringers aren't commission based jobs. Makes about as much sense. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, benderbender said:

No reason to fix the Pro Bowl. It is not a competitive game because there is nothing to gain. Asking players to risk their livelihood for no real reward is hilarious. Unless there's specifically worded protection built into every NFL contract, it is a significant career risk for what amounts to a preseason game check. Might as well ask why Salvation Army bell ringers aren't commission based jobs. Makes about as much sense. 

No need for the game , the whole thing is stupid. Watching these guys play tag is dumb and there still could be injuries .

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Total joke since it left Hawaii. 

IDK why that is true, but it is. I mean, the players can sure pay for  their own trips to Hawaii now ha ha. In the old days while they could it was quite the perk compared to the tiny bonus it is now. And somehow, we felt taken along for the ride just a bit.

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

You will see a lot of obvious penalties especially off sides, the officials see almost nothing

So in other words just like a regular season game. Listen, if the pro bowl is going to snub a qb like Josh yet invite a mediocre player like Edmunds,  I'm out.  It's basically pointless anyway with the added 17th game.

26 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

They should Just make it a 7 man flag game. No need for lineman. That would be more entertaining 

I say give the linemen a chance to play. Give them a few drives to play the skill positions in a 7 on 7 game. That would be fun to watch, and adds a unique touch the game desperately needs. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This game is unwatchable.

I had it on for the first Qtr and it was so ridiculous.  Several interceptions where the offensive players didn’t even try to stop the interceptors.  I fast forwarded to the 4th to see if, like the NBA All-Star game, they played harder in the 4th, but they didn’t.   

That ‘spot and choose’ concept was both dumb and confusing.  They also gave teams the option after scoring to try and get a 4th and 15 conversion, for which the teams were like 1 out of 10.  I hope they don’t adopt these rules for the regular season, but they have been discussed and, quite frankly, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were added.

They should have a mini tourney like the NHL...7 on 7 flag football 2 x5 minute halves in preliminary games

2 x10 minute final

NFC 4 teams/AFC 4Teams and the winning division gets to host the Super Bowl which will be drawn from the  winning divisions 4 teams.

To the NFL......... please send my check for this idea to PO Box Station "A" Toronto On Ca ;) 

13 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

They should Just make it a 7 man flag game. No need for lineman. That would be more entertaining 

Just read your post after I created mine....I will split the check with you ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

They should have a mini tourney like the NHL...7 on 7 flag football 2 x5 minute halves in preliminary games

2 x10 minute final

NFC 4 teams/AFC 4Teams and the winning division gets to host the Super Bowl which will be drawn from the  winning divisions 4 teams.

To the NFL......... please send my check for this idea to PO Box Station "A" Toronto On Ca ;) 

Just read your post after I created mine....I will split the check with you ;)

Appreciate that. Straight Cash tho Homie  😎

• Haha (+1) 2

Anyone remember the game they used to have every summer when the NFL champs would play against a college all-star team?  Every year I'd get sucked in because it was the first football on TV in months, and in the pre-game they'd say "the college all-stars are going to find out if this NFL team can handle the WISHBONE" and then the game would start and I'd get bored before the first punt.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.