6 reasons to hate the Pro Bowl, add your own

HOUSE

5 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The last time I enjoyed, or even care about, the Pro Bowl is when OJ played.

I don't hate it.  It's an irrelevant nothing that doesn't appear at all on my radar.  

Just writing these few sentences is the most I've thought about it in decades.  

Yeah, I didn't even know it was today until I started monkeying around in this thread. :blush:

My plan to take the dog snowshoeing all afternoon remains unchanged.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Nope, I never watch this game, the NFL ruined this game years ago with rule changes that make it boring, here is why I gave it up...

#1- Its not a game, its a show or better known as the BIG PARTY.

#2- 75% effort is maximum, a hard hit will leave players grumbling "WTF are you doing?"

#3- Sideline Player interviews are constant. The game is being played in the background

#4- Winning means absolutely nothing, there is no game plan. "Hey you, run a post, I will throw you the ball, Please jump real high then catch the ball with one hand, the fans will love this"......Wow :w00t:

#5-The Best players skip this game, " I need to rest my body"

#6- This is a show case for the City, not the game

image.png.0501f38d87a6fff9f08f1905bd1b0f75.png

To me it's this simple:  TuhROD Taylor and McCorkle Jones have been Pro Bowlers.  Enough said about how much it really means.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

My take, if Stephon gets hit as hard as he hit his brothers jersey on a folding table, I’ll be pissed. 
Use the players who would attend the game in a Madden game. It’ll get more streaming hits than tv ratings would.

yeah I havent watched a pro bowl in years.......Im not really that invested in seeing football players in their home team helmets being bros and playing half assed football to be honest. I think they need to change it up,  do Something innovative if its ever to be taken seriously. YEP.

m

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Back in the early 90's I was living in Buffalo next to this crazy lady who was always trying to get me to come over. I finally agreed to come over and "watch the Pro Bowl" with her and things went as you'd expect. We were on the couch, doing what guys and gals do, when some crazy dude in a German military visor barged in with a bunch of beer, tore of his clothes and then tried to join in! Needless to say I got the hell out of there and moved away the next week.

I don't know what ever happened to those lunatics but the whole thing sort of ruined the Pro Bowl for me.....

I'm still around but sold my German military visor.

I think the last time I watched was some time in the late 80s. It's just pointless. I did enjoy watching some of the skill challenges this week though. The QB ones especially were fun, it's just a shame the top QBs weren't taking part.

It'd be funny to see Allen do that thread the needle challenge, just firing the ball as hard as he can at those DBs trying to block the ball away.

They could do more challenges that would be fun to watch like tug of war with the linemen, distance kicks with the, erm, kickers. Maybe they do similar stuff, I haven't seen much of it. And I guess the worry over injuries limits what they can ask the guys to do

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't understand anyone hating the Pro Bowl.

You have to care about something to muster up the energy to hate it

My attitude towards the Probowl is just apathy

I hate it because the NFL calls this a game, and it isn't a game, Its a simulation

15 minutes ago, Buffalosouth said:

Just make it flag football razzle dazzle bring in former players, celebs and what not and put it on the slimecast but it's a manning cast

Well, Robert Edwards blew out his knee playing flag football in the sand at the Pro Bowl. He almost lost his leg and his career was basically over.

1 hour ago, Buffalosouth said:

Just make it flag football razzle dazzle bring in former players, celebs and what not and put it on the slimecast but it's a manning cast

They’re playing it like flag football. They’re not tackling, as soon the defense gets their hands on the ball carrier the refs are blowing the whistle. It’s embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

NFL needs to switch to flag football for the pro bowl. Not saying that sarcastically, it would be more entertaining to watch. At least the players would be trying and can go harder without the threat of injury.

This hugging and guys barely moving is impossible to watch.

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Nope, I never watch this game, the NFL ruined this game years ago with rule changes that make it boring, here is why I gave it up...

#2- 75% effort is maximum, a hard hit will leave players grumbling "WTF are you doing?"

#3- Sideline Player interviews are constant. The game is being played in the background

#4- Winning means absolutely nothing, there is no game plan. "Hey you, run a post, I will throw you the ball, Please jump real high then catch the ball with one hand, the fans will love this"......Wow :w00t:

The Bills are eligible. 

6 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

On the day of the 1991 pro bowl I returned home early with a case of beer, all set to watch the game and caught my ex wife on the sofa, having intimate relations with our neighbor, Big Pat (I never learned why they called him that).

To make matters worse, all Pat was wearing was an oversized Marino jersey which flapped around his girthy mid section as my wife slapped his a*s and yelled "you should have gone higher than Kelly!"

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Disagree with number 5.  Plenty of stars are playing. 

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Is the Pro-Am on?

image.thumb.jpeg.ff1bac71a40507ef859e141a4af27f13.jpeg

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Can you imagine though if it was a real game with real stakes? Like each player of the winning teams gets 20 million? If it was actually played like real football, it coukd be the best, most watched game of the year

Hold that price increase on Amazon Prime...it's now $200 a year. 🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.