Adam Gase in the mix for Pats OC

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Because i choose not to share the basis for my  opinion doesn't equate to it having no basis, not sure you can comprehend that concept or not.

LOL Classic. I can't believe an adult trots out the 'I have reasons, but I'm not going to tell you. 

You should probably stop and consider that you have the same opinion as @FilthyBeast and for some reason neither of you will back it up. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Malazan said:

LOL Classic. I can't believe an adult trots out the 'I have reasons, but I'm not going to tell you. 

You should probably stop and consider that you have the same opinion as @FilthyBeast and for some reason neither of you will back it up. 

Yawn...if you are looking for an internet fight I am not interested.  Have a nice day.

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, actually he might do a good job.

Both Gase and O Brien were meant to be coordinators, neither was cut out as an NFL HC.

Bill O'Brien was a pretty good HC until he somehow got roster control too.  Bill the GM ruined Bill the HC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

"League sources" LOL

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Because i choose not to share the basis for my  opinion doesn't equate to it having no basis, not sure you can comprehend that concept or not.

We comprehend this, but on a message board having no basis, or choosing not to share it, are functionally equivalent.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, cle23 said:

Bill O'Brien was a pretty good HC until he somehow got roster control too.  Bill the GM ruined Bill the HC.

Yeah there is a lot of truth to that.  Goes back to ownership, Cal McNair is not very smart and lazy, the path of least resistance was to give O'brien the power.  O Brien should have been fired immediately when he traded Deandre Hopkins for an over the hill running back....things simply got progressively worse after that, he had a big guaranteed contract, more than a few people O Brien wanted to get fired and get the $..

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, actually he might do a good job.

Both Gase and O Brien were meant to be coordinators, neither was cut out as an NFL HC.

I agree with you on Gase for sure but actually I thought O'Brien was pretty good as a head coach.  What he was able to do in Houston even before they had Watson was impressive.  Where he went wrong was in his GM capacity, made some awful, awful decisions roster wise.  Wouldn't surprise me if he had success as a head coach again if given an opportunity and working with an empowered, competent GM. 

I would love for Gase to get that job.  It would be a shame for future “Hall of Famer” Mac Jones though.  Either BOB or Gase would be fine.  They will have to build an addition on the HQ to house the inflated ego of either in the same building as Billy.  

10 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

People will laugh at this but I could see it as a good move for the Patriots.

He fits that mold of a guy that's a good coordinator but probably was in over his head as a head coach.

As nonsensical as it is, I can see a pats fan desperately clinging to such a statement, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

As nonsensical as it is, I can see a pats fan desperately clinging to such a statement, 

Go Bills!!!

Heard from a P*ts fan that Brady "retired" from Bucs since he has "proved" it was all due to his play that New England won Superbowls.  As soon as he is released from Bucs (still on roster) that he will go sign with New England again.

• Haha (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Please hire the QB whisperer Gase. 

It is astounding to me that anyone ever thought that Gase was good at developing QB's. Because he held a clip board on the sidelines while Manning called his own plays? Just don't get it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Heard from a P*ts fan that Brady "retired" from Bucs since he has "proved" it was all due to his play that New England won Superbowls.  As soon as he is released from Bucs (still on roster) that he will go sign with New England again.

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve read on this site since trading Mario for Skelton

Pats* fans are delusional 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Better yet, establish and staff his own team, and player coach it to victory in the Super Bowl.  Put Canton on speed dial! Take that, Teddy Bruschi! 😁

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

They gotta Kling to something I guess…, 😁

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

One thing I just discovered — Gase has very deep roots with Nick Saban going back to his college years at Michigan State. That’s why this make some sense. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Gase

I’m surprised he ended up coaching HS in Michigan this year instead of joining Saban’s Offensive coach rehab program. Maybe if BOB gets the pats job, he will replace him. 

8 hours ago, MJS said:

It is astounding to me that anyone ever thought that Gase was good at developing QB's. Because he held a clip board on the sidelines while Manning called his own plays? Just don't get it.

If they thought Gase was good at developing QBs, one would think that Tannehill before and after Gase in Miami added to Sam Darnold, would disabuse this notion

• Agree 1

On 2/5/2022 at 12:29 AM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

How does Gase keep doing this? It does make me feel like siding more with Brian Flores. This guy is a horrific coach and just keeps landing good jobs. 

Networking. People in charge hire their friends and guys they’ve worked with before. It’s how the world works. Lots of guys flame out as head coaches. 

On 2/5/2022 at 3:17 AM, MJS said:

Peyton Manning spoke highly of him. That will carry a long way in the NFL, probably years past it’s relevance. 

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If they thought Gase was good at developing QBs, one would think that Tannehill before and after Gase in Miami added to Sam Darnold, would disabuse this notion

They probably think those QBs just aren’t very good. 

46 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They probably think those QBs just aren’t very good. 

Darnold has yet to provide evidence to the contrary, but he was arguably a better QB before Gase got to NY.

Tannehill was arguably a better QB the year before Gase arrived in Miami, and a much better QB the year he moved on to Tennessee.

"once may be a coincidence, twice may be a pattern"

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How did he ever get this reputation.  I remember that's all ever used to hear about him.  I don't recall him developing anyone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.