Gunner's 2022 Mock Draft (v3 and FINAL - p.17!!)

GunnerBill

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Yet another wrong thinking fan that thinks any fat guys can be put on the OL.  Can you please recruit a couple for us the next time you are at Duff's?

Try me Kool guy.

What do you know?

Shall we draft another really fast guy?

Oh, oh another "lockdown corner"?

How about we simply protect our $250M investment and build an OL that we can actually run behind rather than being met 2 yards behind the OL.

P.S.:  Mom's calling you to come from the basement for supper.

you want to draft IOL and DT with our first 3 picks……I have nothing else to say.  You want to draft 3 of the least premium positions in football with our first 3 picks.  You’re strategy is 💯 drafting for need.  

i agree, we need to reinforce the IOL and add a DT…..but not with our first 3 picks.  That’s all.  If you don’t understand the meaning of positional value, I ain’t got nothing for ya. Maybe you’ll figure it out one day.  

26 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

If I'm Brian Daboll, I'm taking Pickett at 7.

If I’m Daboll, I’m trading down and accumulating more capital for next year while adding picks for this year. I’ll be shocked if they draft players with their 2 selections in the top 10

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If I’m Daboll, I’m trading down and accumulating more capital for next year while adding picks for this year. I’ll be shocked if they draft players with their 2 selections in the top 10

The Giants would LOVE to trade down. Problem is whether there is anyone who wants to trade up? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean this might be the most difficult year I have ever mocked for but my first effort last February had 4 exact matches and 8 right position wrong player. 

Oh you got a regular poster in @Jay_Fixit insisting that your post is 100% wrong........that can be kept and thrown back in his face in just a few months.

Usually the people with the blanket "that will never happen" takes are rando's who just appear out of nowhere only to disappear after they say something stupid.

I remember saying that I thought the Bills were going to make a serious push to sign Mario Williams and some guy simply named @Kevin flipped out on me saying it would never happen without really explaining why............then he immediately disappeared from sight days later.  :lol:    That's usually how the summarily dismissed takes work........it's usually a rando who disappears or changes his name. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Giants would LOVE to trade down. Problem is whether there is anyone who wants to trade up? 

It's definitely not a star-studded top 10 and with limited QB prospects it's a particularly low-value top of the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, chongli said:

Maybe top 5? But many panned the Bills for taking him so early. I just think it was a huge gamble. He would have still been there in the 2nd.

I think that was a completely different situation to this. We already had Beast Mode on the roster and we weren't exactly a good enough to team to take a calculated risk like that. We needed huge help at other positions. I like the idea of this team making a move like this, grabbing a potentially bluechip player at 25.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

At the very least slot WR is a need. Even if you assume Beasley is back he's another year older and in the final year of his contract. Williams can play slot and get some of those manufactured touches that we give to McKenzie right now. We also have needed a WR that can take the top off the defense since John Brown fell off a cliff in 2020. Same goes a WR that gives us YAC. Williams has the advantage of filling all of those needs in a single player.

Agree. I have to ask is the Bill's Oline and run game more like what we saw in the first two thirds of the season or more like the five or so ending games? I firmly believe the latter part of Allen's success was the Oline and run game. It didn't matter who the Bills had lined up as pass catchers. McKenzie, Davis, and Knox came through when needed. Allen will get anyone the ball with time. He's that good. All this talk about WR is fine but without a good Oline and a run the Bills will likely not win it all. Let's continue to build the Oline and run game on offense.

Also, need a nice CB, a quality LB, and a run stuffing DL. I'm done with Edmunds, Hughes, and Star. They are dead weight. 

Edited by newcam2012

6 hours ago, chongli said:

Thanks for doing this long evaluation. I hope Williams would work out for Buffalo, but for some reason I am having flashbacks of Willis McGahee, lol. Who knows?

Not the same at all.  McGahee’s injury involved other ligaments outside of his ACL.

@GunnerBillgreat minds think alike.  I advocated for the Bills to take Williams or Wilson in another thread.

I think Wilson will go before Olave or London though.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Williams is not dropping that far.  He’d be gone by 15.  If he falls further there are serious character issues or the injury is really really bad.

I think he will recover and be good to go. I don’t think he’s got character issues. Unfortunately I agree he won’t be there at 25. He’d be the first WR off the board but for the injury. But the draft is deep at the position and maybe another top shelf WR falls to us. Or we take the center and move up in the second depending on who is still there. Don’t want to see a top heavy defensive draft. That would be a bad sign imo.

• Like (+1) 2

Jameson Williams might be a BPA pick at that point.  Free agency will be a strong factor in determining whether Buffalo should address a clearer need.  With Diggs in the fold and the emergence of Gabe Davis, WR is probably not a real acute need even assuming Sanders is gone.  I would be surprised if both Beasley and McKenzie are gone along with Sanders, and I wouldn't be that inclined to want to use either Davis or J. Williams in the slot that much.  I do want to see Buffalo upgrade in free agency or the draft at CB, DT and interior offensive line.

I want Olave. I saw him going in the 2nd round in a few on-line mock drafts about a month or so ago which made no sense to me. I'd be happy with Williams though if it looks like he will soon return to form. Just get Josh another home-run hitter.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

I think he will recover and be good to go. I don’t think he’s got character issues. Unfortunately I agree he won’t be there at 25. He’d be the first WR off the board but for the injury. But the draft is deep at the position and maybe another top shelf WR falls to us. Or we take the center and move up in the second depending on who is still there. Don’t want to see a top heavy defensive draft. That would be a bad sign imo.

jets, angles, giants have multiple 1sts in the top half of the draft. I can see any of them taking a WR with one of these picks.

Then there are other teams like chargers or Steelersor browns who have clear needs at WR if players leave as FAs.

4 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

jets, angles, giants have multiple 1sts in the top half of the draft. I can see any of them taking a WR with one of these picks.

Then there are other teams like chargers or Steelersor browns who have clear needs at WR if players leave as FAs.

Yup. There is demand. But there is also supply.

21 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Jets are not going receiver. They are going Oline and defensive back. Eagles, could they go receiver for a 3rd year in a row in the 1st? Sure but not sure I see that. Giants it is possible. Browns are definitely a potential receiver team it was a coin flip for them. Chargers is possible if Mike Williams leaves but I don't think he will. Steelers are not a receiver in the 1st team. 

When you couple that with a jumbled up receiver group and no consensus #1WR I can see them starting to come off the board later.

8 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Well, maybe not quite immediate, seeing as he just tore his ACL, but he would definitely be ready to make an impact in the second half of next season. That being said, getting him at pick 25 would be our best case scenario.   

Fits need and fits BPA. If a Ferrari has a scratch on the door, and you get it 25% off, you pull the trigger. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, whorlnut said:

You realize Willis mcgahee was very solid while he was here, right?

I’m sure the Titans are regretting taking Jeffrey Simmons in the first, huh?

He was never the guy is was in college although to his credit he carved out a decent career after leaving Buffalo. Good for Titans IDC still a NO for me

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

Yup. There is demand. But there is also supply.

What I’m saying is if you have extra 1st rounder you are more likely to take the better player even though injured over the best healthy player. You view this as a bonus pick and not necessarily needing to contributing now.

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

What I’m saying is if you have extra 1st rounder you are more likely to take the better player even though injured over the best healthy player. You view this as a bonus pick and not necessarily needing to contributing now.

Not sure I follow. Maybe just me. If Williams is there you jump on him imo. But thats because all reports that I’m familiar with seem to say his 4:3 speed will be unaffected and that he should be ready in Sept, Oct at the latest. I don’t really see him as an injured player around which there are serious questions  as far as the draft is concerned and thats why I doubt he falls to us.

12 hours ago, chongli said:

Thanks for doing this long evaluation. I hope Williams would work out for Buffalo, but for some reason I am having flashbacks of Willis McGahee, lol. Who knows?

McGahee was a good back.  He just hated being in Buffalo.  Better to have flashbacks of Thurman Thomas.

• Like (+1) 1

Williams is never making it to the Bills. I wish, but think your mock will change and have him in the top 15 based off info on his rehab progress. 
I’ve seen Williams mocked to the Bills in a few of these so far. Makes me think it will never happen. Teams just saw how Burrow and Chase changed the Bengals in one season. Williams is that kind of game changer. 

1 hour ago, Golden said:

I’m thinking Gunner nailed it.  In Beans hour long presser recently, he talks about making our strength stronger.  If Williams is there right before the Pats pick, I’m just not certain the Bills trade down.  

Or he could have been talking about our secondary.🤔

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not if he’s still rehabbing an ACL tear.  That’s a 9-12 month rehab

Yup. That’s the only reason he’d be there.  If he is, we should jump on it.  We likely won’t be in position to get a WR talent like that via Draft for the next decade.    

Im ok waiting for him to come back mid-season or so…. Just get him ready for the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yup. That’s the only reason he’d be there.  If he is, we should jump on it.  We likely won’t be in position to get a WR talent like that via Draft for the next decade.    

Im ok waiting for him to come back mid-season or so…. Just get him ready for the playoffs. 

So your definition of “immediate impact” is “maybe come back mid to end season”?

I’m not arguing about the draft choice, I don’t follow college football and have no business having an opinion.  I’m just pointing out the contradiction between looking for immediate impact, and drafting a player who likely won’t play for most of the season.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So your definition of “immediate impact” is “maybe come back mid to end season”?

I’m not arguing about the draft choice, I don’t follow college football and have no business having an opinion.  I’m just pointing out the contradiction between looking for immediate impact, and drafting a player who likely won’t play for most of the season.

I never said “immediate impact”

Im in favor of the pick because - due to him not being able to play immediately - we may be able to get him. 

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Immediate impact as in guy that can help us season 1.  Im sure we can manage 8 games without him, and then get some juice on the back end of the season, and time to catch some rhythm for playoffs

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Immediate impact as in guy that can help us season 1.  Im sure we can manage 8 games without him, and then get some juice on the back end of the season, and time to catch some rhythm for playoffs

All the news regarding Williams has been very positive. Pickens was back eight months after surgery.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Not sure I follow. Maybe just me. If Williams is there you jump on him imo. But thats because all reports that I’m familiar with seem to say his 4:3 speed will be unaffected and that he should be ready in Sept, Oct at the latest. I don’t really see him as an injured player around which there are serious questions  as far as the draft is concerned and thats why I doubt he falls to us.

a team with pressure to win now and get an impact pkayer with their 1st might not take a risk on an injured player givrn you might not be fully 100% till 2923 season.

a team with multiple 1st round picks can take thst risk.

it’s similar to buffalo picking Rousseau given he didn’t play last year of college.  Buffalo could absorb that risk on a late 1st rd pick.

Edited by djp14150

20 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

a team with pressure to win now and get an impact pkayer with their 1st might not take a risk on an injured player givrn you might not be fully 100% till 2923 season.

a team with multiple 1st round picks can take thst risk.

it’s similar to buffalo picking Rousseau given he didn’t play last year of college.  Buffalo could absorb that risk on a late 1st rd pick.

Well personally I would roll the dice on Williams being able to contribute this year. As I mentioned elsewhere Pickens saw the field eight months after surgery. Dominick Blaylock also back after eight.These guys are not normal human beings and the get the benefit of world class rehab. Thats why I doubt he gets past receiver needy teams before we pick. 

Edited by starrymessenger

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.