Josh is playing in the Pebble Beach pro am next week.

Southern Bills Fan

4 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Just heard Jim Nantz say it on the golf broadcast today. I looked at the celebrities playing and he’s there. It’s on CBS if anyone wants to watch him. 

I actually live in Monterey, maybe I’ll try to get tickets just to see JA17.  

• Like (+1) 2

Man I really wish Josh wasnt playing on TV.  It will be further evidence of his already bumpy 2022, or because its pebble beach "rocky" 2022.   He really should just hide for a year or so, I am terrified of what may happen.    Anyone else want to join me down in this fear bunker?  Make sure to bring your anxiety blankets!

• Haha (+1) 3

On 1/29/2022 at 6:07 PM, Southern Bills Fan said:

Just heard Jim Nantz say it on the golf broadcast today. I looked at the celebrities playing and he’s there. It’s on CBS if anyone wants to watch him. 

I don't follow golf but I'll definitely tune in.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Man I really wish Josh wasnt playing on TV.  It will be further evidence of his already bumpy 2022, or because its pebble beach "rocky" 2022.   He really should just hide for a year or so, I am terrified of what may happen.    Anyone else want to join me down in this fear bunker?  Make sure to bring your anxiety blankets!

He will be ok because the crowd isn’t allowed to be too noisy. 

32 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Pro Bowl or Pebble?  HMMMNNNN...Josh made the easy choice here.  Also, I hope Josh picks up everything inside 5 feet, so Kurt Warner won't complain about Josh not taking the gimmes.

Romo the golf expert will still yell “I Don’t knowwww Jim!!” after every swing

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Romo the golf expert will still yell “I Don’t knowwww Jim!!” after every swing

"Jim, with that back left pin position, Allen should be laying up with a 5 wood to the right side of the fairway, not playing hero ball trying to clear that fairway bunker with his driver."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Does anyone else believe, given the disappointing end to the season, that Allen would be better served to concentrate on football?

You realize these guys are human beings and take offseason vacations and stuff with their friends families, right?  Even obsessive weirdos like Tom Brady did.  If they didn't, they would burn out and be out of football in five years.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Pro Bowl or Pebble?  HMMMNNNN...Josh made the easy choice here.  Also, I hope Josh picks up everything inside 5 feet, so Kurt Warner won't complain about Josh not taking the gimmes.

The other weird thing Kurt criticizes is Josh's footwork on those sidearm throws he makes.  That's the whole point is to quickly hit a window before it closes and to not waste time resetting his feet.  It's the kind of throw a second baseman might make to start a double play.  Quick, accurate sidearm release without resetting his feet.  Josh does this very well.  The classic is the goal line throw to John Brown vs. the Raiders.  Brown is doubled and approaching the sideline.  Time and space are compressed and Josh just sidearms it to the spot faster than any other QB can match.  Should have been ruled a TD.

• Agree 1

On 1/29/2022 at 7:52 PM, Nextmanup said:

But I thought he needed to rest his body?!

😬

That’s why I love this so much. It was announced that he would be playing in this tournament the day after he announced he would not be playing in the pro bowl. Now you’ll have a bunch of Bills fans watching golf instead of the popularity contest scrimmage.

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

No. Let the kid relax a bit. He has an amazing work ethic and will be hitting it hard soon enough. Jesus, these aren't robots...

6 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

You realize these guys are human beings and take offseason vacations and stuff with their friends families, right?  Even obsessive weirdos like Tom Brady did.  If they didn't, they would burn out and be out of football in five years.

WWTB12D?

9 hours ago, Beerball said:

Does anyone else believe, given the disappointing end to the season, that Allen would be better served to concentrate on football?

You mean relive how he single-handedly won the Chiefs game TWICE, only to lose with our D and a coin toss? 

Best thing for him is to get as far from football as possible for a few months.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.