Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

The Bills need a major offseason if they want to compete.  They need to push their coordinators to grab jobs elsewhere.  The GM needs to find out if MCD will shrink again in the big moment.

Need to replace Edmunds and find a true leader for the D who can make plays sideline to sidelines vs this guy who always seems to avoid tackles.  Revamp the whole D line except for Oliver who is ok.  FInd better pass rushers, get rid of Star.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Gentlemen today was a rough day. But without a doubt the entire nfl saw josh allen tonight and said "*****" we have bright future Gentlemen 

who cares what the NFL saw or thinks. We lost a game we had in our back pocket.

• Agree 1

Needed to let Josh be Josh the whole game. Felt like they were trying to keep the ball out of KC’s hands.  Needed to score on every drive in this one for sure.

Hate the prevent defense.  But hate how we got shredded during the game also.  Not sure what the safest play was.  Maybe kicking the ball short on the last kickoff - would have taken time off the clock.

Fun season. Hate saying “wait until next year”, but that’s what we have to do.  Hopefully we can put together a hell of a run and secure home field.  Take away that advantage for anyone else.  Hopefully we don’t get our coaching  staff gutted either.  Don’t want too much to change for Josh.  

Side note:  wonder how Fraiser and Dabbol’s stock drop after this one?  Fraiser for sure hurt his chances.

7 minutes ago, MPT said:

I mean, defense still exists, theoretically.  Tampa beat this KC team in the Super Bowl with defense. I can almost guarantee you that KC won't have it this easy against any other team they face in the playoffs. In fact, no other team that the Chiefs played against this season performed worse on defense than the Bills just did.

So yeah, I'll blame the defense for not managing to play any better than the worst game possible.

Why wouldn't we blame the D? We literally beat this same team early in the season by playing smart D and limiting PM's options. 

They completely abandoned that defensive game plan and dropped into soft zone all night just letting receivers catch balls and then reacting instead of clogging throwing lanes, jamming receivers and forcing bad throws like the game earlier in the season. Defense straight up laid an egg tonight. 

• Agree 1

Love this team man. Too much negativity right now. Obviously mistakes were made. Taking a min to gather my thoughts I’m still proud to be a die hard Bills fan. We need to pick up the pieces and get back to work. This rivalry has only just begun and we have plenty of time to get the best of them for multiple years to come. This is sports. Hold it together men! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

He should man up and own it. This man has ZERO situational awareness in coaching big situations.  ZERO. 

Yep he looks great coaching vs rookie QBs and backups when blowing out teams. Put our coaches in a tight game and they choke and their bad decisions kill us.

0 wins 6 losses in one score games this year. Nothing else needs to be said 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Yes, it is hard to take. We also had the game won in Tennessee before blowing it on the kickoff.

When we scored with 13s remaining and Romo was raving about the Bills, I kept saying "it's not over, it's not over!" ... unfortunately that was true.

Its funny, I told my fiance after we scored with 13 seconds left, "I wish we took more time off the clock". With 13 seconds left, I am saying that.  13 seconds. You have to TRY to lose with 13 seconds left. I did not trust the coaching or defense tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

For those saying the Bills should have squibbed it. Consider this.

Say the Bills squib the kickoff. Clock doesn't start until a KC player touches it. An up man at the 40 fields the squib kick and kneels it out. 1 second off the clock, so 12 seconds are left. Still time for two plays, except now instead of the 25, the Chiefs are at their 40.

Squibbing was no guarantee of winning if we could give up enough yards for a FG on two plays.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Say the Bills squib the kickoff. Clock doesn't start until a KC player touches it. An up man at the 40 fields the squib kick and kneels it out. 1 second off the clock, so 12 seconds are left. Still time for two plays, except now instead of the 25, the Chiefs are at their 40.

Squibbing was no guarantee of winning if we could give up enough yards for a FG on two plays.

Great point.

6 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Gentlemen today was a rough day. But without a doubt the entire nfl saw josh allen tonight and said "*****" we have bright future Gentlemen 

Agree but right now that's not much of a consolation. 

27 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

They should have just held onto both hill and Kelce at the snap. 5 yard penalty or 15 yards still burns clock. At least would prevent them from getting into FG range

How do you not have one player at the line for both of them?...Be as physical as you can possibly be...You can put Edmunds over Kelce and Johnson over Hill and literally try to tackle them in the 1st 5 yards...Play coverage behind that, even rush 3...and make them leak clock...The sidelines don't matter, they have 3 TO's...

That was mind-numbing...I'm still shaking my head...And I was screaming at the TV...What are you freaking doing? They were literally giving them more than 10 yards cushion and the ONE thing you don't want is for these Chiefs to get moving with their speed....It was really terrible coaching...I mean...I love this team but I gotta call it when it's that obvious...

Those freaking 13 seconds will forever haunt us because this team would have been favored to win the AFC Championship and the SB no matter who they would face...It was that big of a mistake...It was bigger really...I don't know if I can ever really trust McD again...He'll have to earn it that's for sure...B-)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

I have had a lot of respect for the effort Beasley gives, but in the end he is tackled a yard short of the 1st down almost every time. A faster player would get there more often, if we can find one who can catch. I think he needs to move on from Buffalo.

Our DL looks like it can use some help probably at DE. 

Let's hope we hire the right coordinators; I am concerned Frazier will lose out on the HC jobs (Daboll will get one) which means we don't get the 2 3rd round picks. 

Frazier's not getting any Head coaching nods after tonight's debacle. I'd like to see both go and use picks on actual pass rushers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

McD is a scared little boy hiding under his blanket.  That’s just who he is and who he’ll always be.  He secretly likes to abandon aggressiveness due to “game flow” because it’s his natural state.  He’s a human wet blanket, and Frazier is his Mr. Smithers, that meek enabler.

I really thought going for it early showed he'd learned that beating KC meant being bold.  Maybe that was Daboll helping him understand but I don't know.

What I do know is that McD's defensive scheme will always hurt this team in the playoffs when facing elite offenses.  He'd rather lose with his scheme than try winning with something different.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Steptide said:

I know it doesn't matter, but nobody (including national media) is talking about the cheifs. Everyone is stroking Allen to the fullest 

Good. He won this game twice despite his offensive coordinator playing like chicken ***** for three quarters. He deserves it.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We should have dropped everyone back in zone in the last 13 seconds and i mean everyone. Take the linesman off the field and play with all Linebackers and DBs, if Mahomes runs then good because it burns clock and he wont get far with everyone back.

You jam receivers at the line, making it take longer to get downfield and throwing off timing. To let receivers run free and wide open 15 yds down field is simply unbelievable. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We should have dropped everyone back in zone in the last 13 seconds and i mean everyone. Take the linesman off the field and play with all Linebackers and DBs, if Mahomes runs then good because it burns clock and he wont get far with everyone back.

This will haunt McD for his career.  He is supposed to be good on defense.  Not being able to stop the KC with 13 sec on the clock.   

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

True, today hurts. But we aren't talking about a 30ish year old Jim kelly. Josh is 25 and played just as good or better than any qb in the nfl. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't squib, kick high and shorter. We've done that a bunch of times in the past

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Only if they fumbled around for the ball or tried to run it back. If the first guy fielding it kneels it out they lose one second. One.

Totally disagree. That was the obvious call. If you squib it correctly, they will either mishandle it or field it cleanly at like the 10

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nitro said:

This will haunt McD for his career.  He is supposed to be good on defense.  Not being able to stop the KC with 13 sec on the clock.   

That's what hurts even more. You figure between McC and Frazier they would've figured SOMETHING out. Brutal fail.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Nitro said:

in his defense i dont think ive ever seen a team drop everyone back, but like Romo said only rush 3 and keep someone on Kelce.

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Josh is a top 5 QB for sure. Maybe top 3.

Number one

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Calidiehard said:

You could have literally tackled their receivers and taken the holding calls 4 times instead of letting them run free underneath. 

We don’t have defenders capable of tackling Hill and Kelce at the line of scrimmage.  It’s a fact.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Frazier's not getting any Head coaching nods after tonight's debacle. I'd like to see both go and use picks on actual pass rushers.

Amen to that. If he got hired I’d be ecstatic. Not so much got him but for the fact we got rid of him and got two 3rd round picks. Addition by subtraction 

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Don't squib, kick high and shorter. We've done that a bunch of times in the past

1 second off the clock with better field position for KC. Wrong answer. You know you can call a fair catch on kickoffs. That's 0 seconds off the clock!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.