So...what does the hoodie have up his sleeve?

Success

I'm with the crowd who says what does McD, Frazier and Daboll have planned to counter in game.

What adjustments do we make to the hoodie to keep him off guard and take advantage of matchups.

If they blitz heavy, who is going to be the safety valve?

How do we set up the running game for success?

How does Josh react pre-snap and see Hoodie's disguises and diagnose where the pressure is coming from?

How does the OL react to protect?  Do we go with 6 on the O-line and let Josh work downfield?

Can we design plays to take advantage of Knox, McKenzie and Davis.  How does Sanders fit back in?

How can we scheme up pressure on Mac?

How do we keep NE from running down our throats like game 1?

Do we keep Klein in?

How does the DL rotation play out?

4-3-4 or 4-2-5 or 5-2-4?  Do we mix it up to take advantage of the Pats personnel on the field? Can we keep NE's WR's and TE's in check if we dedicate ourselves to stopping the run?

I'm more concerned with our adjustments rather than the Hoodies scheme. 

Edited by TampaBillsJunkie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t understand the comments about the patriots not blitzing much last game. They did. They tried everything. They played 2-high shell, they played man, they played zone, they brought pressure, etc.  Nothing worked. 

I really didn't think that watching it - but I'm not mr. x's & o's.  It just didn't seem like he was sending too many guys & it looked like they were laying back & trying to take away the deep stuff most of the time.

The line played great that game, and they've really been stepping up in general the last part of the season.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I would be surprised if he doesn't dial up a lot more pressure on Josh, as opposed to what he did the last game.

His "hang back" approach was pretty clearly a mistake and it didn't work.

I think he'll try to get more pressure on Allen.

I think your right and I really believe he might sell out and bring a lot of heat. Either it works or it doesn’t there coming his going to test this line of ours. 

3 hours ago, Success said:

He has some surprises in store. I just don't know what they might be - thus, they will be surprises, at least to fans.

Thoughts?

Run, run, then run some more.  If McCoach figured something out from the last crap weather game (hopefully, but unlikely), adjust at halftime.  

15 minutes ago, Success said:

I really didn't think that watching it - but I'm not mr. x's & o's.  It just didn't seem like he was sending too many guys & it looked like they were laying back & trying to take away the deep stuff most of the time.

The line played great that game, and they've really been stepping up in general the last part of the season.

i get where you are coming from. The pats started that game playing a lot of zone and 2 high. Then Singletary was just ripping off 10 yards in every dump down, and the pats had to adjust.

if you go back and watch the game, you will be surprised at both the amount of pressure that BB later sent, and how smooth josh was at evading it. I think BB even said after the game that Josh just avoided the pressure they sent:

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Success said:

We mythologize him too much. He's the greatest ever - but he's still just a coach.

That said, he's cooking up something right now.  It was EASY in game 1, w/ the kind of team he has.  Get a lead early. Run, run, run.  He got enormous praise, but I could have coached that. And if Allen makes that last pass, everyone is saying he blew it.

He tried something weird in game 2. Not much blitzing - give Allen the underneath stuff.  To which Allen said, thank you sir, may I have another?  There are some who think he let Allen have everything underneath as a kind of "vanilla" scheme in case they met again.

What do you all think about game 3?  He's going to blitz more. I have no doubt on that - he wants to limit Allen's passing.  He has to have Mac pass more - certainly more than the 1st game! 

He has some surprises in store. I just don't know what they might be - thus, they will be surprises, at least to fans.

Thoughts?

I expect a lot more blitzes and looks that appear to be blitzes this game.  They need Judon to wake up from his one month slumber and Uche to have an effect as well but sadly without Barmore it may be difficult maintain their lanes. (I doubt he plays this Saturday). I also expect more man on man with Diggs getting extra love..

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I expect a lot more blitzes and looks that appear to be blitzes this game.  They need Judon to wake up from his one month slumber and Uche to have an effect as well but sadly without Barmore it may be difficult maintain their lanes. (I doubt he plays this Saturday). I also expect more man on man with Diggs getting extra love..

They need Judon to not be a dirty, scummy piece of *****.  I expect that thug to get at least one 15-yard penalty.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Success said:

We mythologize him too much. He's the greatest ever - but he's still just a coach.

That said, he's cooking up something right now.  It was EASY in game 1, w/ the kind of team he has.  Get a lead early. Run, run, run.  He got enormous praise, but I could have coached that. And if Allen makes that last pass, everyone is saying he blew it.

He tried something weird in game 2. Not much blitzing - give Allen the underneath stuff.  To which Allen said, thank you sir, may I have another?  There are some who think he let Allen have everything underneath as a kind of "vanilla" scheme in case they met again.

What do you all think about game 3?  He's going to blitz more. I have no doubt on that - he wants to limit Allen's passing.  He has to have Mac pass more - certainly more than the 1st game! 

Thoughts?

Who cares.  Just let Allen play his game and lead us to a Dubs.

Seeing game again and seeing him reacting to penalties on taunting I think he will coach them to try to get some of the hot heads on Bills to taunt by things the Zebras can't see and have Bills be caught for a penalty.

Is where Leslie Frazier needs to lecture and lead. 

He has played the game before.

If I were Belichick here's what I'd do:

1. On Defense: Take away the intermediate to long ball and force the Bills into runs & short completions>  The idea is to make the Bills consistently execute the ball down the field.  Consistent execution has been a weakness of our offense.  Mix in a few well-timed blitzes.  Change up coverages every series to confuse Josh.

2. On offense: Establish a running game so Jones can get his play-action passing game working.  Mix in a few deep balls to keep the defense honest.

6 hours ago, Success said:

Thoughts?

Interestingly, the Hoodie says they have plays on offense and defense, including some special plays that they didn't get to use last game.

They didn't get the look they were hoping to use it in, but now he seems to think they are going to able to capitalize on previous game planning and use some special plays.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Where did you see/hear this one? Meaning he purposely lost so he could unleash his real defense, if they played again? That’s extra special. What was the excuse last year? 

There's "looking past your opponent", then there's looking past your opponent and handing them the division title to look forward to the same opponent who now knows you can't stop the basics.  Genius.

7 hours ago, Success said:

That's strictly homer Pats fan perspective.  I always check the other boards a bit after games - and that was pretty popular. 

When they can't explain something, they generally attribute it to some genius longview strategy they can't comprehend.  

"God works in mysterious ways", and since their other god Tom left for Florida, they will buy hard into their apologetics to rationalize how Belicheat will still carry them to glory.

1 hour ago, Old Coot said:

If I were Belichick here's what I'd do:

1. On Defense: Take away the intermediate to long ball and force the Bills into runs & short completions>  The idea is to make the Bills consistently execute the ball down the field.  Consistent execution has been a weakness of our offense.  Mix in a few well-timed blitzes.  Change up coverages every series to confuse Josh.

2. On offense: Establish a running game so Jones can get his play-action passing game working.  Mix in a few deep balls to keep the defense honest.

Isn't...isn’t that what they tried last time?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

There's "looking past your opponent", then there's looking past your opponent and handing them the division title to look forward to the same opponent who now knows you can't stop the basics.  Genius.

"God works in mysterious ways", and since their other god Tom left for Florida, they will buy hard into their apologetics to rationalize how Belicheat will still carry them to glory.

Isn't...isn’t that what they tried last time?

Yea handing the division to a team just makes no sense…and if you’re going to do that why wouldn’t you pull some starters.  There’s a realistic chance we could get a home game against cincy in the afc championship game whereas the pats are on the road with a rookie qb who plays badly on the road the whole playoffs 

16TD 7INT at home for Mac

6TD  6INT on the road 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Success said:

Thoughts?

Great point.  Haack is a weak link.  I don’t know what the deal is with our punt and punt coverage teams at times !  I mean Pittsburgh blocked a punt and now looking at ti , it’s another example of how small things can cost you being the one seed!  I don’t remember which game , may have been the jets or falcons , but the gunner toward the bottom of the tv screen shot was left totally uncovered until it was noticed right before the snap.  We are making mistakes at a high rate on the return and coverage units.   Also , what’s with the short bass kick off at times?   I know they want to make the. Field it and get them before the 25 , but it seems most times those short kicks are returned to the 35 / 40 yard line area.  It’s just an example of one of the areas they are trying to be clever and it results in better field position for the other team. 

We have fumbled a punt for a safety , had three shanked punts , one which set the jets up for their only Td.   The special teams other than the fg unit and Bass have been a weak link all year.  In this game I hope they 1) quit doing that stupid short kickoff.   Just have Bass drive it out.  2) put Hyde back to either catch it when he is sure he can, just don’t let it bounce and cost us 10-15 yards in file position.  Forget running it back. Fair catch the punts. We get penalized almost every time for holding or a block in the back. At least with a fair catch we start ok and they might make a mistake and hit Hyde !  The slim chance of a td run back is not worth the penalties and fumbles , and now it even cost us 2 points. Those things can be big in playoff games.  Try to fix that in the off-season and get a new special teams coach cuz this unit has been less than average and even a liability.  That blocked punt , the McKenzie fumbled kickoff , the safety all this year and any one could have turned into pie loss of the one seed!  Now that type of Mistake sends you home.     The risks far outweigh advantages and  we just have to not hurt OURSELVES, and we should beat the pats.  

You are spot on.  I am sure BB is planning something concerning Haack and our poor punt handling.  I am amazed how pro athletes can’t learn not to block in the back after 17 games!   I heard John Fina on his podcast ( prior left tackle for,the bills. He was a rookie for Super Bowl 27 in Pasadena against the cowboys) say he was called for holding only 3 times in his 7 year career with the Bills!   You CAN LEARN technique and how not to commit penalties. He was@“also just saying on his Monday nightyiutune  podcast , off tackle , that this week if he was coaching the o line , as good as they looked  he would be workingwith Brown hard on hand use / striking correctly , also working hard with Morse on his hand technique , Ahmad working very hard with Dawkins about dropping us right foot correctly.  Fina does coach hs,ball and his son is an o lineman for UCLA right now.

Point is there are things that should be being worked on even tho there is little time to do so. He blames the limited contact now in preseason and practices and said that’s why  Bates was placed in later than he should have been.  You don’t have contact now in practices and so after preseason it’s hard to trust making changes because you don’t see guys in real contact situations at hey are hesitant as they could end up worsening things!  Was a great point.  I also agree if they are healthy , I bet they blitz more.  Josh has not hit deep passes all year. It will be hard to catch in freezing weather. I would bring the cbs up in press , bracket diggs , spy josh , and make josh prove he could hit the deep,ball.  And like you said , I am going after haack , every chance I get , might always put 11 guys up and not even pit a guy back to let the ball hit his helmet !f I am Bb.  

I just think this guy always comes up with some wrinkle ( or new way to cheat or walk a fine line with the rule book) and now with them having played two diff D styles against josh , I expect some hybrid lkke the amoeba front 7 cuz with our o line communication , we blow simple handoffs in twists at times.  Amoeba , blitz 5-6 , press the wrs , send 11 at haack. Make Buffalo prove they are coached well enough to handle the unexpected.   Man , I am making myself anxious.  If we lose to the Pats at home in the playoffs , I would consider that one of the all time lows for the organization.  

We already lost once to a rookie QB  FROM HERE IN Jacksonville where it never gets in the teens , who only threw 1 complete pass in the game !   This is his FIRST PLAYOFF GAME!  If we lose to a team led by him this year at home in the playoffs , the players should be  made to wear jerseys in next years preseason with EMBARRASSED as the name plate and the locker room should have the signs changed to EMBARRASSING play level replacing Championship level!  Lol!   A loss and I know that’s the end of all pregame shows for me until after the Super Bowl !    Ok I am taking a Xanax and getting that nightmare cleansed out of my CNS forever!  I still have ptsd from BB in SB 25 and wide right will always remain profanity !   Go Bills !  

6 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Interestingly, the Hoodie says they have plays on offense and defense, including some special plays that they didn't get to use last game.

They didn't get the look they were hoping to use it in, but now he seems to think they are going to able to capitalize on previous game planning and use some special plays.

Ditto for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

They need Judon to not be a dirty, scummy piece of *****.  I expect that thug to get at least one 15-yard penalty.

I agree!! That is part of what I meant by waking up… took to many dumb penalties the last month or so.. (got away with a few stupid ones earlier too) 

I am going to cheer for my team and hope for the best. But I am not very hopeful, we have 1 very good corner, an average corner (if available) and well Bryant is a liability. I just don’t see coverage holding up with your weapons.. only hope is to get quick pressure and try force Allen into mistakes. (Not turnovers but like gunning it to hard and the guy drops it type mistakes) if Allen is on there is little to zero percent chance of a pats upset.

Doesn’t help my feel for the game hearing  that , SUPPOSEDLY Mac Jones ,per the talking heads, up here he is dealing with a hand, shoulder, and knee issue for the last month… no idea if true or not but what they have said on sports talk up here. If it is true it wouldn’t shock me with some of the nasty hits he has taken this year.  (But makes a win even LESS likely)

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I agree!! That is part of what I meant by waking up… took to many dumb penalties the last month or so.. (got away with a few stupid ones earlier too) 

I am going to cheer for my team and hope for the best. But I am not very hopeful, we have 1 very good corner, an average corner (if available) and well Bryant is a liability. I just don’t see coverage holding up with your weapons.. only hope is to get quick pressure and try force Allen into mistakes. (Not turnovers but like gunning it to hard and the guy drops it type mistakes) if Allen is on there is little to zero percent chance of a pats upset.

Doesn’t help my feel for the game hearing  that , SUPPOSEDLY Mac Jones ,per the talking heads, up here he is dealing with a hand, shoulder, and knee issue for the last month… no idea if true or not but what they have said on sports talk up here. If it is true it wouldn’t shock me with some of the nasty hits he has taken this year.  (But makes a win even LESS likely)

Barmore being out is also a big loss. 

25 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

HUGE! Like I said a long shot for an upset. I’ll still yell and scream for one Saturday night, I doubt it happens though. 

lol the best rookie class in years for BB lol.. 

I was hoping the Bills drafted Barmore myself, to pair with Oliver.  But was/am wary of Alabama DTs.

Who cares?  Bills have to set the tone, offense and defense, on the first series.  Offense smack NE in the mouth on the ground and gouge them through the air.  Score a TD.  Defense, stone wall the NE running game and pressure Jones into mistakes.  Time for the Bills to impose their will and end this NE nightmare for once.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Game 1 wasn't easy at all. Idk why ppl keep saying that.

It was a 14 10 game We were literally a couple plays away from winning 

One play. We need to complete one pass in the endzone. And we had multiple cracks at it in the 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Guarantee it!! He wore a cut off hoodie to his press conference with “DANGER ZONE” on it. This was the nickname given to his special teams unit.

So, he's telegraphing game strategy via clothing worn?  Is this guy a coach, or a DC Comics villain? 🤔

16 hours ago, Success said:

Thoughts?

I read an article earlier about Judon disappearing every since they won in Buffalo and it's pretty telling considering how they finished the season 1-3 with him being a non factor.

So willing to bet they definitely want to try and get him going early in that game to gain confidence and have their defense looking like it did earlier in the season when they went on a run because they know they have to make Allen look closer to what he did in the first game (and similar struggles this year) to win.

Also ST is something to watch depending on who is returning kicks for the Bills because I have a hard time seeing them put Hyde out there again.

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So, he's telegraphing game strategy via clothing worn?  Is this guy a coach, or a DC Comics villain? 🤔

Like he did in pregame on Monday night football, wearing his Navy football mask. He said nothing in the interview, but telegraphed his 3 pass game plan in an almost fu kind of way...

Expect a bunch of special teams shenanigans. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.