Bears and Dolphins request interview with Brian Daboll

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Dolphins job is sh**. He ain't gonna go to the dolphins and be stuck with the tuna.

Actually, the actions of the owner (Ross) in Miami have probably hurt their ability to attract a great candidate pool.  He has influenced the team to make questionable draft picks, turned over the coaching staff too often, and has been a general distraction to the people trying to run the team.  He ranks with Snyder and Davis for being one of the worst owners in the league.  Good candidates will try to avoid the chaos.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

There have many others.  Usually the more senior guys. They become subject matter experts. 

To me, the job Daboll currently has probably can’t be beat. He seems to have total control over the offense, calls his plays, stable front office and head coach, stud QB, and lives in his home town and coaching for his home town team. 

That’s a lot to give up. And the position you are going to get won’t let you do the things you probably love the most— eg, call the plays and develop offensive gameplans. 

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Uh oh!

Im on the fence with Dabol , sometimes he drives me nuts other times he's genius, the players really like him but im curious how a new playcaller will do.

Does McDermott keep the offense and promote from within or does he go to a 49ers offense so he can run more effectively and still pass a lot?

Very good analogy on Dabol.  He either drives you nuts or all of sudden calls the perfect play. I'm not going to be devastated if he leaves.  I think Josh might benefit from a fresh OC.  Dorsey or whoever. I'd love a 49er style offense without losing the pass attack. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

To me, the job Daboll currently has probably can’t be beat. He seems to have total control over the offense, calls his plays, stable front office and head coach, stud QB, and lives in his home town and coaching for his home town team. 

That’s a lot to give up. And the position you are going to get won’t let you do the things you probably love the most— eg, call the plays and develop offensive gameplans. 

He wants to be an NFL head coach.

57 minutes ago, Trock said:

These distractions need to wait until the off season. No interviews until then. 

Yeah, it’s bogus.  It was bad enough before and then they made it worse by allowing interviews in the last 2 weeks of the season.  Players can’t change teams until the start of the new year.  Dont allow any interviews until after the Super Bowl.  Then it’s fair for everyone.  Also, make the agents sign non disclosure agreements so they stop leaking stuff to the press.

16 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Actually, the actions of the owner (Ross) in Miami have probably hurt their ability to attract a great candidate pool.  He has influenced the team to make questionable draft picks, turned over the coaching staff too often, and has been a general distraction to the people trying to run the team.  He ranks with Snyder and Davis for being one of the worst owners in the league.  Good candidates will try to avoid the chaos.

Money talks!  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Why?

Who would be his replacement? Could be a total dud.

I think the Bills are prepared to hire within no matter who we lose on the coaching staff or GM position.

However, if a talented talent evaluator became free Beane would, like he alaways does, offer them a job here.

Part of me wouldnt be too upset if he left. I think Allen has matured to a level where hes confident in his abilities. Another OC might take this entire offense to new heights. 

But if Daboll stays im cool with that too. Lets be honest - its hard to criticize much with this coaching staff. The results have mostly been there

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Uh oh!

Im on the fence with Dabol , sometimes he drives me nuts other times he's genius, the players really like him but im curious how a new playcaller will do.

Does McDermott keep the offense and promote from within or does he go to a 49ers offense so he can run more effectively and still pass a lot?

It really won’t be difficult to replace Daboll.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

But I would be interested to hear what is appealing about the HC to some of these coordinators (not just Daboll). Seems like it would be more fun to be an OC on an elite offensive team than basically the CEO of a team in turmoil.

Probably the extra ~$20M he would make.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Yeah, it’s bogus.  It was bad enough before and then they made it worse by allowing interviews in the last 2 weeks of the season.  Players can’t change teams until the start of the new year.  Dont allow any interviews until after the Super Bowl.  Then it’s fair for everyone.  Also, make the agents sign non disclosure agreements so they stop leaking stuff to the press.

Money talks!  

It costs us last year and it better not again this year. Dabs, especially is easily distracted. He should know he sabotaged the team and his career last year for calling such a shameful Chiefs game. 

No interviews until after the Super Bowl. Period

Edited by Trock

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

When Allen has days where he is cold, a lot on this board put it on Daboll. Allen is a stud, Daboll groomed him to be one. As frustrated as I can get with the offense, I am not amped to see them stand on their own. 

This is Allen w zero input from Daboll, he’ll be ok

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

At the end of the day I'm fine with it. So much of our offense comes from Josh doing what Josh does with broken plays. We have a ton of weapons and didn't exactly set the world on fire. If he leaves it's next man up. 

this happened to the Pats* all the time and they kept winning.  If Allen is as good as we think and McD is the real deal, we will lose coordinators and need to be able to replace them.  

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I like Dabes but difficult to envision immediate success in either of those jobs. You've got to have a quarterback in this league. Put him on the Raiders or even Vikings and I think he's dangerous.

He would forget he had D. Cook if on the Vikings.  haha.  I kid, kind of.  I think the Raiders are insane if they move on from their interim coach.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.