Panthers Willing to Listen to Offers for McCaffrey

aristocrat

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I'd start with them sending us a second rounder

I remember when RBs had trade value.  When we traded away a used-up Simpson in 1978, we got:

1978 2nd round draft pick (DE Scott Hutchinson)

1978 3rd round pick (WR Danny Fulton)

1979 1st round pick (LB Tom Cousineau)

1979 4th round pick (DE Ken Johnson)  (aka Pinto Ron)

1980 2nd round pick (RB Joe Cribbs)

What a great trade for the Bills!  Joe Cribbs was a really talented multipurpose back for us.  And, of course, Cousineau turned into Jim Kelly.

Obviously, there's a durability issue but it's amazing you could potentially get someone of McCaffrey's talent for a 2nd rounder.  Though I wouldn't want his contract.

• Like (+1) 3

I’m inclined to immediately say no to this, but the Bills do seem to have a really strong strength & conditioning / player-care set up. 

Still more than likely against this, or Barkley for that matter, but I could see it working here. 

19 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Told ya'll!!! Beane get me on a plane ASAP I'm bringing McCaffrey home!:wub:

No!  We don't need to hear anything about you, McCaffrey, and the 'Mile High Club'. 🤨

He'll probably get injured walking off the guddam plane. 😠

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

They screwed up big time, like Brock Oswieler big.  Their cap hit is $14M for next year, then $17M, 17M and 13M, FOR A RUNNING BACK, who hasn’t stayed healthy.

if they trade him, the dead cap is 26M, so I really doubt this is the year they are going to do that.  He’s relatively affordable at $8M in 2022 and only 1M is guaranteed in 2023, so that part is doable for another team, but if you keep him you are paying essentially $12M a year for him after next year.. tough sell.

If he could stay healthy he’s worth it, but that’s a huge if.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

The panthers overused him and now he’s broken down. Hard pass

Actually, the fact that he has been out so much the last 2 seasons (possibly from overwork in his first 2-3 seasons) could be an ironic positive. What's he played, 5 games combined in the last 2 seasons?

In McCaffrey's case, I am less worried about the tread on the tires and more concerned about the nature of the injuries themselves and whether or not he has made a full recovery. Also, as a team, I would hope they would research McCaffrey's commitment to playing. He seems to be a good character guy by all accounts -- but is he the sort that will refuse to play if he is less than 100%?

If he checks out medically I would be all for sniffing around to see what the price would be.

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Whatever the price, I’d be interested. Our pick is (hopefully) going to be high anyway. Nobody we get there will be close to as good as Mccafrey. That guy is a top 5 (non qb) player in the nfl   and would bring this offense to inconceivable levels. It will absolutely be worth it.

I’d consider a fourth round pick for McCaffery, subject to his passing a physical. He is not now and never has been a “top 5” player or top 50 for that matter.

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Actually, the fact that he has been out so much the last 2 seasons (possibly from overwork in his first 2-3 seasons) could be an ironic positive. What's he played, 5 games combined in the last 2 seasons?

In McCaffrey's case, I am less worried about the tread on the tires and more concerned about the nature of the injuries themselves and whether or not he has made a full recovery. Also, as a team, I would hope they would research McCaffrey's commitment to playing. He seems to be a good character guy by all accounts -- but is he the sort that will refuse to play if he is less than 100%?

If he checks out medically I would be all for sniffing around to see what the price would be.

Out of the 5 years he’s been playing, he’s only had 2 1,000 yard seasons with 2019 being his best season other than that he’s never rushed for more than 400 yards. He’s not even a top 10 back anymore. I’m not sure if we take a chance on him unless Carolina was willing to accept a late 5th to 6th round pick. Also he’s got a hefty contract that would need to be re worked before we traded for him

well if this is true,  if,  then the Panthers are tired of their best player,  assuming its due to his injury problems,  that says alot about what they think of him.   zero guarantee those problems cease if he gets moved.   i for one dont want to see an often injured high dollar guy at RB no matter how talented he is,  behind this current O Line.    Fix the Line.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

well if this is true,  if,  then the Panthers are tired of their best player,  assuming its due to his injury problems,  that says alot about what they think of him.   zero guarantee those problems cease if he gets moved.   i for one dont want to see an often injured high dollar guy at RB no matter how talented he is,  behind this current O Line.    Fix the Line.

Exactly, we’d be better off drafting someone. McCaffrey is CJ Spiller 2.0

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No!  We don't need to hear anything about you, McCaffrey, and the 'Mile High Club'. 🤨

He'll probably get injured walking off the guddam plane. 😠

I promise I won't injure him:cry:

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If we traded for CMC and Barkley maybe we could make 1 Franken RB that can stay healthy. Or play 1 and use the other for spare parts? Not sure which is better. In Beane we Trust.

McCaffrey is a Hall of Fame back, Sasquatch is a flash in the pan!

56 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’d consider a fourth round pick for McCaffery, subject to his passing a physical. He is not now and never has been a “top 5” player or top 50 for that matter.

You're correct he's THE top player... said in Ohio State accent of course:flirt:

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Whatever the price, I’d be interested. Our pick is (hopefully) going to be high anyway. Nobody we get there will be close to as good as Mccafrey. That guy is a top 5 (non qb) player in the nfl   and would bring this offense to inconceivable levels. It will absolutely be worth it.

Have I told you how much I love you recently?

On one hand it's easy to say no thank to any more Panther cast offs, but McCaffrey certainly is a special talent but he's damaged good at this point.

So any trade would have to be conditional in playing time/staying healthy, etc. Maybe something like a 4th rounder that could turn as high as a 2nd.

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

There is not enough malpractice insurance available for you to be named 'Personal Masseuse to Mr. McCaffrey'.

I'm not DeShawn Watson:cry: He won't be allowed in my business... Besides his wife can't tend him every night, she has other things to do as well!!

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.