#5 Stephenson

foreboding

Just now, Juice_32 said:

Me and @Sheneneh Jenkins were texting about this during the game. Dude has never been tackled by a different colored jersey. The thought of him handling returns in the playoffs scares the hell out of me.

He got planted pretty good by a Falcon player returning the second half kickoff I believe. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

McKenzie should have never lost returning duties.

McDermott cut his nose off to spite his face and it has hurt the team.

Get McKenzie back there where he belongs ... and where he was among the NFL's best prior to being benched.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

McKenzie should have never lost returning duties.

McDermott cut his nose off to spite his face and it has hurt the team.

Get McKenzie back there where he belongs ... and where he was among the NFL's best prior to being benched.

Perhaps Andre Roberts should have been retained.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Perhaps Andre Roberts should have been retained.

McKenzie was doing better than Roberts all season.  I was a big Andre Roberts fan, but I think McKenzie did a fantastic job taking over.  When he got benched, McKenzie was the 3rd best return guy in the entire league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McKenzie’s no contact fumble against the Colts was brutally, comically bad— but he still brings way to more to the table right now than Stevenson does and he should be handling those duties.

Put Hyde back there for punts when the weather conditions are severe / stakes are high enough for extra security, and then go out and grab C Patterson next year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Forget the fumble. The guy just stinks at football. 

He may have a lot of straight line speed but he has 0 agility. When he tries to make a cut it looks like he's moving in slow motion. 

And 0 vision. 

Again, he stinks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That was one of the worst returning performance's I’ve ever seen.  If Isaiah isn’t going to get many snaps within the O, I’d rather he were back there.

He was flat out awful yesterday.  I don't know if he can be salvaged but put McKenzie in there Sunday and hope for the best.

8 minutes ago, noacls said:

Mckenzie, 9 fumbles in 235 career touches , he is not the guy either. Great personality but one of the all time overrated Bills. 

Three fumbles in four years as a Bill.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He reminds me of TJ Hooker.

image.png.0664aacf40a9e64b27075cca6aaadb30.png

You're right.

It's in the eyes.

4 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Let’s not forget this punt return from the preseason. The kid has elite speed, maybe he just needs some time to get acclimated on kick returns.

It's preseason, man.... where Christian Wade is league MVP.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not sure why this would be necessary.

Tasker said it best this summer… you can only 100% one position, if he’s focused on KR then he isn’t focusing on WR. McKenzie proved he has more to offer at WR, and we might need him big time down the stretch. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Tasker said it best this summer… you can only 100% one position, if he’s focused on KR then he isn’t focusing on WR. McKenzie proved he has more to offer at WR, and we might need him big time down the stretch. 

Tasker said that because he wasn't an NFL caliber WR.

McKenzie can do both.  Others do around the league.

• Agree 3

McKenzie - kick return avg. 24.3 yds

punt return avg. 8.7 yds

Stevenson - kick return avg. 23.6 yds

punt return avg. 9.4 yds

Looks like they’re putting up the exact same stats to me …….will Stevenson become the new whipping boy?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

McKenzie - kick return avg. 24.3 yds

punt return avg. 8.7 yds

Stevenson - kick return avg. 23.6 yds

punt return avg. 9.4 yds

Looks like they’re putting up the exact same stats to me …….will Stevenson become the new whipping boy?

He fails the eye test and ball security is WORSE! Mckenzie had one freak fumble! When is the last time McKenzie got rocked and lost the ball??? I'll wait...

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

He fails the eye test and ball security is WORSE! Mckenzie had one freak fumble! When is the last time McKenzie got rocked and lost the ball??? I'll wait...

McKenzie lost the punt return job his 1st year in Buffalo……16 returns with 2 fumbles…..he had 8 fumbles his rookie year in Denver. McKenzie doesn’t pass the eye test either on punt returns. If you want a punt catcher then put Hyde back there, but let’s not act like McKenzie puts everyone at ease when he’s back returning punts either.

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Right now Stevenson is reminding me of TJ Graham.

Like, how terrible is that. For me to say something like that. What a horrible thing I've said just now.

That's actually a really good comparison. And TJ never put it all together.

Hope this guy wakes up in the offseason. I can't remember a more timid kick returner, and that is after a very solid college career doing it. 

In the meantime, if I'm McD, he doesn't see the field beyond the Jets. Too risky to throw Stephenson out there in the playoffs

8 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

McKenzie lost the punt return job his 1st year in Buffalo……16 returns with 2 fumbles…..he had 8 fumbles his rookie year in Denver. McKenzie doesn’t pass the eye test either on punt returns. If you want a punt catcher then put Hyde back there, but let’s not act like McKenzie puts everyone at ease when he’s back returning punts either.

Bro....you really bringing a players rookie year up??? He averages 1 fumble per season since. He was a top 3 return guy before his phantom fumble. You'd really prefer Hyde??? Cmon man!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.