Dion Dawkins on this play - amazing hustle

Big Blitz

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Dawkins is very good...

Actually the OL is nowhere near as bad as some say when we decide to run the ball a bit

Dawkins is good, but he get’s overwhelmed at times. He had a close holding call on the Allen scramble. We need help inside and I would like to see if Dawkins can handle LG next year. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Dion Dawkins is a great player, but we need help in the interior and I’m curious how he’d fair kicking inside to LG next year and draft a LT. If the rookie LT struggles we always have Dawkins as a back up. 

After being starter for several years I think his attitude would worsen.

I have heard him speak and he is very proud of being a LT with it being a more cerebral position.

He is also waiting for his TD and went with the boys to Florida during off-season. 

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

After being starter for several years I think his attitude would worsen.

I have heard him speak and he is very proud of being a LT with it being a more cerebral position.

He is also waiting for his TD and went with the boys to Florida during off-season. 

I get all that and sometimes players need to understand it isn’t necessarily a bad thing. They should be willing to help the team anyway they can. There are some massive bodies in the draft this year that I would like to see be drafted by the Bills. I would target Penning and Faalele really hard and put Dawkins and Brown inside. We would have a massive line with depth. 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That would be Ryan Bates who should never be on the bench again for the rest of the season

Bates looked really good, I've been calling for trying him at Guard all year. He was better today than Ike or Ford have ever played for us. This should be a no-brainer for McD. Feliciano backs up C & both OG spots, Ford is emergency injury replacement only.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

This had to have been his best game of 2021.  Crazy to think it came right after coming off the COVID list.  

Well, he may have been asymptomatic. A lot of people are with Omicron.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That would be Ryan Bates who should never be on the bench again for the rest of the season

Agreed - hopefully Feliciano comes back and can be back-up center/inside guard and allow Bates to play guard the rest of the season.

I think the best line was seen yesterday and you can interchange Ike and Bates.  Ike a bit stronger, Bates more athletic.

They played angry, and for O-linemen that's a good thing. Someone said a while ago that 'nasty' is not the way for o-linemen to play. I disagree. Provided they're not doing stuff after the whistle or false starting, playing nasty is a key in helping them out-physical their opponents. 

This was one of the few games where they did that consistently. They played like they'd spent the entire week being shown press clippings and videos of people calling them soft and came out with an intensity from the first play. That's how they need to play if they want a shot at going to and winning the SB. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I get all that and sometimes players need to understand it isn’t necessarily a bad thing. They should be willing to help the team anyway they can. There are some massive bodies in the draft this year that I would like to see be drafted by the Bills. I would target Penning and Faalele really hard and put Dawkins and Brown inside. We would have a massive line with depth. 

I want us to draft a tackle, as a swing tackle. You don't take a pro bowl LT and move him to guard. 

Couldn't help but notice how Morse had the opportunity to blast Jackson first, but chose to tip toe around him and just generally be in the way.  Dawkins had to come in and show him how to do it.  Want to see more drive from our high priced center.

Edited by 1ManRaid

16 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Couldn't help but notice how Morse had the opportunity to blast Jackson first, but chose to tip toe around him and just generally be in the way.  Dawkins had to come in and show him how to do it.  Want to see more drive from our high priced center.

I honestly think this is the last year for Morse....

39 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Morse has had so many concussion issues he really can't afford to play that way.    If he starts cleaning up piles in the open field someone is going to hit him from behind with a running start like Dawkins had........and then it's career over for Mitch.   

I would like to see the rest of the OL be a lot more aggressive with regard to pushing the pile forward when RB's get stood up though.     This has become a way teams are gaining a lot of extra yards in the run game now that it's been established as legal to push a ball carrier forward for some time now.   Our OL is not one of the more aggressive units in the league when it comes to this.   Lotta' standing around in these situations. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Morse has had so many concussion issues he really can't afford to play that way.    If he starts cleaning up piles in the open field someone is going to hit him from behind with a running start like Dawkins had........and then it's career over for Mitch.   

I would like to see the rest of the OL be a lot more aggressive with regard to pushing the pile forward when RB's get stood up though.     This has become a way teams are gaining a lot of extra yards in the run game now that it's been established as legal to push a ball carrier forward for some time now.   Our OL is not one of the more aggressive units in the league when it comes to this.   Lotta' standing around in these situations. 

If he can't afford to play that way, then he can't afford to play.

Have watched this highlight multiple times now. Dawkins was doing some snow plowing! First on Judson but then getting up, sprinting down field and plowing another guy! The team and coaching staff is going to love watching this in film review.

Hopeful this OL can start to find its groove as we go forward.

Holy Moses, I’m glad he’s on our team!  That should have been a block in the back though, thankfully some no calls were actually going our way…in Gillette stadium. Never thought I would put those words together! 

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Oh my goodness, that doesn’t look like a block in the back now. How is Jackson still standing after that, it’s the eighth wonder of the world. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.